Hi All, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

One other questions, does anyone know the stock VW steel wheel spec for a 6.1 T28 4Motion? (My new van is currently at a detailers having paint protection applied so I can't access it). I know the current tyre size is 215/60/17, but I don't know the offset, any ideas? I can then get a better idea of different offsets on www.willtheyfit.com

My detailer sent me some pics mid way through the prep work and you can see the wheels - just!!PHOTO-2020-02-18-11-08-50.JPG

@ Donk - Great tool thanks.

@ .50 - Thanks for the pic, the fit looks great. can you post a side on view? Also how's the speedo accuracy with 265/45/19?

The speedo is out by 1mph now.
When it reads 60mph my gps says I'm doing 61mph.

The next size I will go for will be 275/40r19 which will bring the rolling radius down slightly.

I think 255 wide is perfect for 8.5" rims and 265/275 suit 9".
IMG_20200214_114237999_HDR~2.jpg

@.50 -She sits perfect imo. What's your suspension set up?

I'm getting the van back from the detailer on Monday, I'll blow the dust off the old TomTom as I'm interested to compare GPS / Speedo on the stock 215/60/17.

Last edited by a moderator:
@.50 -She sits perfect imo. What's your suspension set up?

I'm getting the van back from the detailer on Monday, I'll blow the dust off the old TomTom as I'm interested to compare GPS / Speedo on the stock 215/60/17.

Its sitting -40mm H&R springs and Koni active dampers.

Wheels are 19"x9" ATS with et48 offset and have 265/45r19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 3 on.

It’s getting close to that time for new tyres, I currently have 255/45/19 dataturn mozzo sports (on the wheels when I bought them).
I see that a 275/40/19 seems a popular choice, and maybe I should just go with that......but I have found that there are correct load rated (t32) tyres in a 285/35/19 size. I just fancy something with a bit less sidewall I suppose.
A change from gold to dark bronze as soon as the powder coasters start working again too.

I plan on lowering as close to 100mm as I can either with bluebird or stance ultras (another dilemma). I was going to go for the h&r/koni solution, but with all the lockdown going on, I can’t really stretch that far at the moment.

As always, any advice gratefully received

TIA

Deaks :cool: 266B6A76-6347-4DC1-B7D5-89B24EEA5BAB.jpeg

You can get away with a 275 on a 9", but unless the 19's are 9.5 wide then a 285 is too wide, Id be going with a 255/45 or 275/40

Thanks Gents, 275/40 it is then.... now what tyre??
They need to be 103 rated, I was thinking of nexen ferra or uniroyal rain sports, but open to suggestions.

Deaks :cool:

I’m looking for some advice from people who have run 19 inch wheels and what tyres you have all run.. I’m looking for A square shoulder for the cantera and stretch on a 19

the wheels are:

19 inch banded steels 9 front 9.5 back
19 inch cantera I think they are 8 wide and 45 offset.

mine tried will they fit but can’t seem to get what I’m looking for.. just need the advice from people who have actually ran different tyres.

Thank you for the reply. I can get an idea of what the different tyre sizes looks like. I ran 245/45 on my last set.

Mines been lowered 40mm. The 255/45 was a best compromise for me on the 19's.. They're decent match for the cantera wheel. Really grippy, not too wide... Speedo and GPS read spot on.

20200612_214941.jpg

I remember us having this conversation before on 18s... :rofl: I’m still keeping them but the SoLow’s are coming off in a months time.

Good morning,I have decided to go with some new 19 inch wheels on my new van,it currently has the standard 16 on.
Can someone advise me on which tyre size will be best as not to effect the speedometer.

I have been on the will they fit page but being completely new to it all I have no idea about offsets etc,any help would be greatly appreciated

Back