T32 19” tyre size vs load rating

joels

Hi all, I'm having trouble finding the correct load rated tyres for my (camper converted) T32.

The current tyres on it are 245/45/R19's and searching various well known tyre retailer sites I only seem to find 102 (or 102 XL) rated tyres. If I up the profile to 50, then plenty of 105 rated tyres appear as options.

I'm assuming the small change in tyre profile won't affect the speedo too much? From what I've read on other threads may 2-3% difference?

I suppose a plus side is I might get a slighjtly less harsh ride? My main thought is to try and get the correct load-rated tyres for the van...don't want to fall foul of an insuirance or safety issue!!

255-45-19 is 3% larger than the factory tyre size and are available in 103 rating. They correct the speedo over reading, making it bang on. Going up to a 50 profile will be another 3.5% increase, so your speedo will under read.

Whilst tyres do make a difference, the 'correct' way to improve the ride is to fit better dampers.

I seem to recall of a lot of conversations regarding the 275 profile tyre being too big for transporters.

265 profile tyres seem to be the correct tyre size from the threads I have read over the years on the forum.

I seem to recall of a lot of conversations regarding the 275 profile tyre being too big for transporters.

265 profile tyres seem to be the correct tyre size from the threads I have read over the years on the forum.
VW spec 275 tyres for their 20 inch transporter wheels

Back