275/40 19 9.5j ET30 on a caravelle, does door card rub?

jayc001

T6 Pro
About to bite the bullet on some 19" 9.5J wheels and the offset is machined at point of purchase. I'm thing ET40 up front and ET30 at the rear as they usually look best with a little difference F/R.

I've looked through pages of threads and can see some saying they run this spec OK and at least one saying it rubs on a caravelle door card. I appreciate tyre manufacturer plays a big part of this hence why I usually choose Nankang or Accellera as they come up considerably narrower than premium brands for the same size.

On my previous T5.1 I ran 9.5j with 275/40 20 at ET33 (Range Rovers with 30mm spacers on the rear) and it cleared OK (just). Maybe I should request 45/35 offsets?

I'm lowered about 50mm so that probably makes little difference to rubbing on door card though.

Don't know if this will help you but I'm running 20x10 et38 with 265 40 20 Goodyear rubber lowered on st coilovers to the lowest setting on my caravelle. When the door opens I can just get a fag paper in-between the door and the tyre and i haven't done any alterations to the door.

Back