Can I ask if these are 255/45/19? And will the hit the liners behind the wheels if you hit s serious bump? Thats my concern for highland roads. Want to fill the arches but not live in fear! Those fronts look tight?
I run 255 45 19 ( I think lol ) no problems catching they did rub when I fitted an engine tray but I think that was because it was out of shape not it’s on properly it’s fine nice ride with them on

245/45/19 and my Speedo is bang on with my GPS. I don’t have any issues with bumps including extensive driving around Scotland.
Thank you. I wonder if i could push my luck with 255. Although no real need if I’m already filling the arches i guess.

Hi,

First time changing tyres here..apologies for the repetition (if any).

Got a T6/t28 light campervan conversion with Land Rover discovery 4 style 704 alloys 19x8 53 offset with three 245/45 Honkong M+S and one Hankook S1 245/45 (98).

Apart from having unknown brand of tyres (except for the only Hankook), the difference in load rating and the fonts getting to 4mm (5-6 on the rears)…I feel the need to change them for travelling on a safer bus. Last concern is a bit of kerbs that make me feel 245 are maybe not that wide?!

Any suggestions for 4 summer/all season tyres?

245 or 255?

I have been tempted to go down to 17” Devonports to improve comfort but i thought I’d give the 19” a second chance!

Thanks!

About to replace my avons with a budget set coz times is hard and they didn’t last long anyway! :eek:

About to replace my avons with a budget set coz times is hard and they didn’t last long anyway! :eek:
Don't say that, just had those fitted. Well, 2 months ago.
What mileage did you get out of them?

Don't say that, just had those fitted. Well, 2 months ago.
What mileage did you get out of them?
12-15k I think but they were overpressure for ages and I didn’t check them so heavily worn in the centre of the tyre

When I purchased my Campervan, it came with 20 inch wheels which had 175/40 budget tyres on, and although they looked fantastic, was never really happy to be running 275’s.
i have taken the van to Steve at CRS and he has put a set of Koni shocks on and levelled everything up nicely. Van now drives totally different and much improved.
So, I have recently purchased a used set of 19inch Amarok wheels and had them refurbished and powder coated in shadow crome.
Now, they have 245/50/19 tyres fitted.
my question is…… what would be the best profile tyre to fit on a 19 inch wheel?
thanks.
Have attached a picture of the Van with the new wheels on13C6CCB7-EFF3-4B8D-BB1E-6DFDBE56F4F6.jpeg

I think you are not far off the mark with your current tyres/ wheels . Best ride quality I’ve had was 255 45 18 on a Sportline . Currently running 265/40/20 which is not the best combo however i can live with it. As you know it’s always a trade off between ride quality and handling/ looks.

255/45R19 for those wheels.
This is the only size that works at all for load rated tyres for T32.
I believe others run different sizes, but the 255/45 are the ideal size in my opinion.

Will these be ok on a T30 - 275/40/19 - 9 offset?
Yes

Thats what I have just ordered from Wheelbase Alloys, as long as the wheels are load rated they will be fine I was going to go up to 20" inch wheels but they advised against it as it may cause chaffing if I lowered the van in future.

Back