275/40/20 on front wheels

Andpopse

T6 Guru
My T6.1 Camper came with front wheels 8.5 x 20 wheels shod with 275/40/20 tyres and original suspension. It never looked quite right to me, too wide and the amount of spray thrown up the sides of the (Black) Van looked horrible.
I’ve changed them to 245/45/20 and it looks better / steers better with less spray too.
I am lowering by 60mm all round soon. I hope this will cover the tyre more and reduce the amount spray/dirt to minimal amount.
Any thoughts ?

That is exactly what I did with mine. Ran it like that for 12 months and it drove so much better. Winter Devonports on at the mo, but the 20’s will go back on soon.
Mine is lowered 50mm and the 275 used to rub on full lock, no probs with the 245.
Also same circumference so it’s fine with my 4Mo

That is exactly what I did with mine. Ran it like that for 12 months and it drove so much better. Winter Devonports on at the mo, but the 20’s will go back on soon.
Mine is lowered 50mm and the 275 used to rub on full lock, no probs with the 245.
Would you have a side on photo, to see how it sits with 50 drop ? Thanks

That looks Perfect ! . Can’t wait to get my front out of the sky and get some actual traction.

Hi - what offset were/are your wheels that were rubbing on full lock with the 275's ? I'm thinking about changing my wheels at the moment and not sure what off set I'd get away with

Cheers for getting back to me, looking at 9J ET40 wheels with 275/40/20. Think that will leave me about 1.4mm closer than you. Decisions, decisions!!

Can anyone post a pic of a van on standard suspension / standard height with 20” wheels? Thanks

Just been looking at tyre combos, couldn’t decide to go with the tyre deal which is the 275 all round on staggered 8.5/10. Now I’ve read this thing I’ll go for my own tyres

Was thinking 245/ 45/20 up front, 275/40/20 out back, business in the front party in the rear

It does drive and steer much better. My mate also changed to the 245 on the front shortly after I did.
I just check my old wheels and had 175/35 all round in 20s. Fronts were on but tears were a little stretched. Wheels are in order as of 10mins ago, will arrange tyres when they arrive

I love the wheels.
Uniroyal Rainsport get good reviews. Had them on a car a few years ago and I thought they wore a bit quickly, but a good grip. Probably last well on a van.

Back