Brad Andrews

Thinking
fronts 19’s With a 255/45/19 tyres on a 8.5j and the rears 9.5j. But not sure on size.

Reason for the bigger profile is purely for comfort as it’ll be my work van. Can anyone advise me on the rear tyre size. As I want to keep the profile wall looking the same all round. I’ve come up with 285/40/19. Has anyone got advise on this please.

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I'd of though 285s on a 9.5 is excessive and might look a bit balloony.
Me, id try 255/45/19 all round.
I'm running 9 and 9.5 with 255/45 and they fit perfectly.

T6 Guru
I'd of though 285s on a 9.5 is excessive and might look a bit balloony.
Me, id try 255/45/19 all round.
I'm running 9 and 9.5 with 255/45 and they fit perfectly.

As you know Mr T I'm running 245/45/19s on my 9" rims and they look a tiny bit stretched for my taste.

What brand tyre have you gone for at 255 wide, and is the wall fairly square with the rim ?.

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Legend
@.50
Goodyear Eagle F1
The 9" on the front sit absolutely perfect, the 9.5" have a very discrete stretch that looks really nice in my opinion, without the drawback that the rims exposed.

This pic should give you a good view of how yours will look.

20180707_125039-2.jpg

BennyboyT32

VIP Member
Anyone recommend tyres for steels?

Its for a t32 with banded 19's

10j and 9.5

Id like something with stretch but don't think i will with load rating.

I know its a grey area with load rating but i very rarely carry over myself and 100kg

255/45/19 104y pzero is what i've been looking at

cheers ben

T6180

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Anyone recommend tyres for steels?

Its for a t32 with banded 19's

10j and 9.5

Id like something with stretch but don't think i will with load rating.

I know its a grey area with load rating but i very rarely carry over myself and 100kg

255/45/19 104y pzero is what i've been looking at

cheers ben

I'm running 255/40/19 falken fk510's, I know @Tourershine is running 255/45/19s on his.
The front is inline with the rim and the rears are stretched a bit.

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Legend
What are they like for wear? Pzero i've found for just under 700 a set which is emotional

I've ran many of the premium brands, and found they all did around 10k per set.
I now cannot justify the cost of high end tyres because of the miles I do a year, so run Nexen SU1 at half the price.
The Nexans don't have the super grip in the dry, that the performance ones do, but they are just as quiet, and get roughly the same miles.

T6180

VIP Member
T6 Legend
so far so good and grip well it the wet, I've done about 2k on them and still loads left

Mavis628

T6 Pro
Time has come to replace the front tyres on my t30 it’s a conversion so had a bit of extra weight, currently on 245/45/19 102 xl I’m guessing these are ok as they were on the alloys when I bought them.

what do i fit?

T6180

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Falken fk510s in my opinion are excellent, A rated in the wet and 102y rated on 245/45/19s which I was previously running on my vw cantera alloys

Wranger

Hi everyone,

I have a 2015 VW T6 Shuttle and have bought 19 Range rover wheels, which I have load rate checked and they are fine.

I have no idea which tyres to put on these wheels, does anyone have any ideas please? I have bought the bolt conversion kits, I just need some thoughts on which size tyres would be best for the 19 inch wheels.

FYI, I have 5 kids, which we use the vehicle for, so this is a consideration.

Thank you very much for anyt thoughts/ guidance.

best regards,

Wes