I've bought a wonderful teyes cc3nChinese head unit which is meant to be really good as long as you have decent speakers. Aren't the doors on a shuttle deafened already? If not I'll do that at the same time. I probably will get a sub too when I can afford to, probably rather do all the speakers etc together
Been looking at these myself, would love to see more on this once you get fitted :)

Been looking at these myself, would love to see more on this once you get fitted :)
I ordered it on the 20th and its in the UK and apparently with my local delivery office, they're just taking their time actually delivering it unfortunately

I ordered it on the 20th and its in the UK and apparently with my local delivery office, they're just taking their time actually delivering it unfortunately
Did you get it off the australian website or alibaba?? For the money they look absolutely fantastic. I had an android unit before in my old car and was great but these look next level. Im suprised more people on here havent got them. Have you a t5 or t6?

Yes I got it off the Australian website with the 360 cameras etc etc. Not telling the missus the total cost! I had an old android unit in my old car and it was okay but nothing special. This looks brilliant for the money in my opinion. Check out the review by saab unleashed if you haven't seen it. I've got a t6 shuttle lwb

@tomf90. Thanks for that - the head unit looks very impressive even though that bloke in the video is a bit gushing. How well does it integrate with your van - I'm thinking parking sensors and steering wheel controls (if you've got them)?

@Ayjay I know what you mean, he is a little ott in his video. It still hasn't arrived yet (hopefully this week). I don't have a mfsw but from reviews I've seen from people with a mfsw T6 they say it works fine. Hopefully my rear parking sensors still work! Once it arrives and I get a moment to fit it I'll let you know for certain.

@tomf90. That would be good, thank you. I'm taking an interest as I've a vague feeling that I might be looking for a replacement for my Kenwood DMX8020 at some point. I've posted about the under screen condensation issues elsewhere on T6Forum but I'm really not hopeful that the people that sold it to me (and fitted it) will step up and exchange it if things get worse. Mind you, if they don't, I will do my best to trash their carefully cultivated reputation as it seems to be a known issue which manufacturers and suppliers are trying their best to ignore. Look forward to hearing more about your system.

@Ayjay that's funny because I nearly went for the dmx8020 due to reviews on here but fortunately started coming across issues like with the screen like you said and put me off. I like the idea of the 360 camera too tbh with the one I've gone for so hopefully it's not rubbish.

In all the hundreds of headunits we have sold over the years, problems are very rare.

honestly there have been a handful of issue regards to condensation on Kenwoods, but this is very small compared to other brands which have suffered from this. Even factory radios from other vehicle manufactures have had issues

Transporters do let eter in especially through their Kombie windows, which The water gets under the floor mats and stays there.. I’ve had it on 3 kombies .. then the vehicle/radio heats up and it appears. on The windscreen, dash cluster, etc, and unfortunately on some headunits

generally once it disappears we find it never comes back..

If its a reoccurring issue, we are more than happy to take a look and take appropriate action, ie replacement etc

always call us , as I’ve haven’t been around here much lately due to personal reasons ..

Looking for advice on speaker upgrade for my new to me t6.
My current t6 has:
  • vibe POWERBOX65.4M-V7
  • Focal isu200
I'm happy enough with the sound and was going to go with the same again for the new van. Cost is ~€300

For same price I was considering:
  • vibe POWERBOX65.4M-V7
  • Vibe 8" speaker
or
  • Eton t6 f2.1(direct to discovery headunit, no amp)
or
  • Alpine SPC-106T6(direct to discovery headunit, no amp)

or for an extra ~€100 I was considering:
  • vibe POWERBOX65.4M-V7
  • Vibe 6" speaker
  • Vibe OPTISOUNDAUTO8A-V2

Are there any of these setups that significantly better than the others?
I have a long list of upgrades for the van so happy to save €100 here if I'm not going to get noticeable gains.

Personally i was really happy with the Focals in my T5.1. I'll be getting this kit for my T6 Focal ISU 200 Plug and Play kit VW Transporter speaker upgrade IMHO it makes a huge difference. I don't know much about the other bits you mention so would be interested to see how you get on.

EDIT: Although i've just seen this ALPINE SPC 106T6 and i like the visual of the Alpine covers over the A pillars but again, don't know anything about them.

Last edited:
I managed to get a decent deal on the Alpine SPC-108T6 with the larger 20cm door speakers, but I'm running them off a Pioneer head unit which has more power than the stock head unit. The treble from those tweeters (which do look great) is light and day between the stock ones and the bass response is superb, have an under seat powered sub too... not that it's probably needed now TBH!! It was all really simple to fit as well. Some people have suggested you're better with the 106 version if just running off the stock head unit.

Thanks for the inputs.
I don't have the option of visiting an installer and listening to the systems before making a choice which makes it very difficult.
Decisions, decisions...

Back