Audio Upgrade Stage-2 - Vibe Micro Amplifier Plug & Play - How I Done It -

I am looking to purchase one of these micro 4 channel amps. However, before doing so, I wanted to confirm that it could be powered off the head unit (as advertised).

Now, I must be missing something, because when I made enquiry of a reseller, they advised that the micro amp draws about 20 amps of power. The fuse on our head unit is 15 amp. How can that work?

We do a alternative plug and play amp, can be configured for factory or aftermarket headunits, in stock

I've just done similar to this but with a Focal 4.320 I've got the basic composition media radio so I placed the amp inside underneath the radio towards the front in the empty din slot. Now I'm wondering if it might all overheat in there. Do you think I should move it out of there? I did want to cable tie it in behind the glove box like dell did but there's already something in there. Might get someone to take a look at it to make sure it's safe.

Hi all, where are you buying the adapter looms?

I’ve a T5.1 2013 with standard Headunit, I’ve got ground zero vehicle specific 8” components and tweeters in the doors. I’ve bought the vibe powerbox but silly me didn’t get one with the VW loom.
Hey mate, I'm in the same situation - Got the vibe amp but didn't get the VW loom. Did you end up sorting one? Could you send me a link to the correct one if so? I've seen a few generic quadlock to ISO harness around, but unsure exactly which one I need, how many plugs should it have?

Cheers

Hi all, what gain have you used? I have just installed the same amp and speakers as described in this thread (Powerbox plus 8" Blam (no sub)) and I have factory rears and factory discovery media head unit. Right now I have the front gain at 50% and the rear gain at zero. I haven't tested it for sound quality yet so just checking before I put everything back together when I'll no longer have easy access to the amp.

Last edited:
Think I'm about 50% using the factory discovery media headunit.

My amp it tucked up above the glovebox, so out the way ATM.

I'm not looking to beat SPL comps just a boost to drive the Blams decently.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I've just bought this amp and an upgrade speaker kit to match. I’ve got a discover nav which is rated as 4x20w yet there are comments here saying this amp is barely more even though it’s rated at 4x 65w? so I’m confused on that point.

secondly has anyone recently installed it and got any more install pictures? I also don’t want to cut out the plastic but ramming wires in the back is horrid and bothers me more

Back