Audio Upgrade Stage-2 - Vibe Micro Amplifier Plug & Play - How I Done It -

Not sure if it’s something or not but mine is a factory refurbished unit. I wonder if it was a unit which had been returned because of this issue that had a fix done on it. As I said, not a peep from mine.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll do some more playing around over the next couple of days to see if I can get to the bottom of it.
So far I've tried the amp gain. 0 gain = thump. 50% gain = louder thump!
Cut the sub out the loop and the amp still thumped.
Don't think it's the head unit as this still happens when the headhunt is off. eg, unlock the doors and the amp powers on (no thump) then after 20 seconds the amp powers off with a thump.
My money is on the amp being the issue especially with 2 other users reporting the same issue in this thread.
If I can't solve it I'll probably have a go at the Kenwood so please PM me a price @Absolut5. :thumbsup:
I would quote if I could but got no idea when I am getting anymore, plus prices are creeping up everywhere

Just noticed this thread which is exactly the issue I'm facing but there does seem to be a solution. Just can't understand why only some of us have this issue as I'd expect all T6's audio to be wired up the same??

Did you guys buy the plug and play loom for the t5.1 and T6? I bought a generic quad lock to ISO for mine. Lots of wires and connections behind the head unit but no issues.

Yeah, mine came with the quad lock to ISO cable. Thought it was gonna be plug and play and not plug, play and thump! :laugh:
I'm gonna have a good play with the wiring over the weekend and if I can't solve the thump gonna fit the USS4 as recommended in the other thread.

Well I was just tidying some wiring and mine has stopped working completely and I have removed it from the van :-( been through all the wiring to and from and checked the fuse but it’s absolutely dead. My Focal ISU200 8” speakers sound rubbish now! Any suggestions for a fix? Fingers crossed the seller on EBay will honor any warranty.

Bummer. Hopefully you can get the unit swapped out. Funny you say how the focals sound rubbish now. I've been thinking how good the OEM speakers sound with this amp and was wondering if upgrading the speakers would be required for the volumes I run it at.

They are awesome, it’s just really noticeable the lack of punch on the low end when not driven properly even at moderate volumes. Nothing better than sticking Spotify on and cranking it up on a long drive. With the 8’s there is no need for a sub, especially if you listen to rock music as the range is so good. You need to spend the time deadening though to stop the resonance. I have Silent coat and the audio grade waffle foam everywhere including behind the door card and under the dashboard. Believe me, factory speakers are utter rubbish. I was like you until I changed them.

Speaker thump is history. I've already got an under seat sub so I do get plenty of bass and even more now with the vibe paired to the OEM speakers but yeah, I'm gonna go the whole hog by adding the focals and some sound deadening now the amp power off thump is beat. :)

Audio Upgrade Stage-1 . . . . Blam Relax 200rs Speakers From Skipton.
Audio Upgrade Stage-3 - Vibe Micro Sub Amp + Jbl Sub - How I Done It -
Audio Upgrade Stage-4 - Kicker 15" Sub + Kenwood Amps - How I Done It -

its a bit late but here is Stage-2 - VW T6 Vibe Micro Amplifier Plug & Play

Its a Vibe POWERBOX 65.4M mini 4chnl Amp witha PNP loom for the Disc0 Nav Head unit . . . . .

VW T6 Vibe Micro Amplifier Plug & Play

POWERBOX 65.4M

520 WATT MICRO CLASS D AMPLIFIER

4 X 65W RMS

100 % PLUG AND PLAY LOOM MADE BY US SPECIFICALLY FOR THE VW T6

View attachment 56204
View attachment 56205

Now this has been fitted for the last nine months and working great . . . . . . . so lets look back and see - How I Done It -

It all started after stage-1 > Audio Upgrade Stage-1 . . . . Blam Relax 200rs Speakers From Skipton.

we had the speakers, but wanted a bit more boom . . . . we have the big amps and subs in the back not wired, so for now just a small plug and play solution for a bit more power . . . . This thread Stage-2.

as it turns out Stage-3 is a Mini under seat Sub + Micro Amp . . . . . (comming soon)

So Stage-4 will be the final Big Kicker 15" Sub and Amps setup. (to be fitted)

The kit took ages to arrive from Skipton Car Audio . . .

this is what arrived. . . .

View attachment 56206

so whats the first thing to do . . . . . . . . Take it appart =].

using so sewing tools we were able to remove the tessa tape loom wrapping and expose the full loom.

this is the Vibe micro Amp front . . .

View attachment 56207

and rear . . .

View attachment 56208

View attachment 56209

we can see from the loom that the unit takes power from the same Radio feed and ground.

it also has a auto-switch-on function when it sees an audio signal from the Radio.

each end of the "T6" loom as the ISO block with all the wires linked, which is nice as we have the revers camera fitted.

you can see that most of the wires run direct appart from the 4x speaker wires. . . . They effectivly are cut from the Head-unit and run to the 4chl amp. then the amps 4chnl outputs are connected to the vans speakers . . . . power and ground is feed from the loom and switchon is auto . . .

View attachment 56210

all the connections were soldered and tessa taped, so being happy with that i tapped it back up . . .

View attachment 56211

Now over to the van, with the radio surround and radio removed we needed somewhere to put the amp. . . .

View attachment 56212

behind the glove-box seemed like a good location, so out it come . . . .

View attachment 56213

with everything connected loosely we run a test . . . . . everything worked great, with an obvious grain is audio power/level.

no to fit it all back in . . . . . which is where the problems started . . . .

View attachment 56214

there was no way to cram the new breakout loom in any of the spaces behind the radio, we tried de-looming it and all sorts - it just wouldn't fit . . .

this was the problem - that rear of the plastic radio assembly housing . . . . there was loads of room behind it, but just couldn't get the wires there . . . . so the solution?

View attachment 56215

well three cuts with the multi-tool had that pesky rear plastic part removed and opened up a world of space behind the radio . . . =]

this was the piece we cut out . . . . .

View attachment 56216

with everything refitted we were back to this - a fully OEM factory look, but with better speakers and small amp . . .

View attachment 56217

The above has been in for 9 months or so now, we have had no issues with the radio or amp, we have had no issues with rattles or anything from the rear plastic we removed . . .

we haven't had any fuses blow . . .

Things to note . . .

The stock radio in the van is 4chnl - but in this PV setup you only get 2chl speakers, so by adding rear speakers will help you get more power (all 4x chls) from the stock radio.

This amp is only 4x65w which is not much more than the stock radio - this is true, but you can keep the gain low on the Amp and run the radio at lower levels - so the van radio becomes a pre-amp for the Vibe amp . . . all levels are kept low, so you are way down below any distortion levels and have more power at the speakers.

you can gain more power out by adding the 3/4th channel speakers to the amp - this was my original intention . . . . .

But then i thought about getting a small under seat Sub and running the 3/4th channels via a low pass cross over to feed the sub. . . .

But that lead onto stage-3 - coming soon =]

I struggled with fitting the adapter loom , but baulked at taking a multi tool to the rear plastic part- my solution was to feed the original loom ( including aerial feeds ) back through the hole on the rear right side of the head unit slot. It can the be fed through to the right and enter the slot from underneath ( behind the heater controls) where there is plenty of space to plug in the adapter loom and store the connectors

Simon

1630059689868.png

Quick question to those that have fitted the 65.4 I've got a vibe optisound 8 underseat sub from way back when. Would this amp be able to power that aswell as door speakers? From my very limited knowledge and reading of the manual, it seems like it would.

Quick question to those that have fitted the 65.4 I've got a vibe optisound 8 underseat sub from way back when. Would this amp be able to power that aswell as door speakers? From my very limited knowledge and reading of the manual, it seems like it would.
dont see why not . .

its a single channel sub box, so you would have to connect it to one of the rear speaker ports? either left or right?

you might have to activate the rear channels from the radio with VCDS as well.?

1641492019200.png

amp pdf here -

1641492283078.png

Thanka for the reply. When I ordered the amp, I had them add a rear speaker output onto the harness, would the rca ports on the amp not power the sub?

No the rca is normally a input, but some provide a low signal output for a additional amp, say for a sub

hold on . .

Vibe do two types.

a Passive speaker box (as i was refering to above)

and

a Active speaker box with built in amp.

which have you got?

++++++++++

speaker box - 2x terminals.

1641498028909.png

or

Active> thats has RCA inputs and needs power, ground, remote

1641498140902.png

like this one..

1641498205437.png

post a few pics of what you have, including the connections on the box?

the passive one that has just the two terminals, sorry for late reply, didnt get dinged for a notification

in that case you will need to use the rear speaker cables, to connect to the sub.

or get a small amp to run off the RCA pre-out`s.

Excuse my ignorance, but does that just mean, wire in rear speakers, and then two cables +- back to the sub?

Hi all, where are you buying the adapter looms?

I’ve a T5.1 2013 with standard Headunit, I’ve got ground zero vehicle specific 8” components and tweeters in the doors. I’ve bought the vibe powerbox but silly me didn’t get one with the VW loom.

Back