@Ayjay sorry for the delay been away with work and didn't get chance to sort it out. Managed to get a refund (not including £60) shipping.

Decided to go for this one since I've got home as it has the same functionality but is half the price. It's been dispatched so hopefully it will arrive soon so I can finally get it fitted and move into my next frivolous purchase

Now that I have the head unit done (Alpine Halo 11) looking at doing the speakers next and been doing some thinking and was wondering what people have upgraded to?

I have seen loads of complete speaker sets such as B&O from Audi/BMW or Meridian from a Rang Rover on eBay I know I am taking a chance on the speakers think it could be interesting to install something a little different.

I used the Alpine speaker kit specifically produced for the T6.1, really great sound. They have kits for across the transporter range.

Not yet. Will probably be a few weeks more before I get around to it.
Did you get any further with this? I'm trying to make a similar decision.

Looking to improve the stock audio in my T6 and hoping to keep costs below £500. Not sure that I've really got room for a sub as my camperking conversion has a heater under the driver's seat and the double swivel seat is full of camping gear. So am I best to just sound deaden the doors, upgrade the door speakers to something 8" (looking at the Alpines and Focal isu200) and get an amp (something like the Vibe Powerbox 65.4M mentioned above)? Or is there somewhere for a small sub I'm not aware of?

If I want to add some small rears at a later date, is it just a case of hooking them up to the head unit and getting it recoded for F/R fade?

Anything else I should be thinking about?

Did you get any further with this? I'm trying to make a similar decision.

Looking to improve the stock audio in my T6 and hoping to keep costs below £500. Not sure that I've really got room for a sub as my camperking conversion has a heater under the driver's seat and the double swivel seat is full of camping gear. So am I best to just sound deaden the doors, upgrade the door speakers to something 8" (looking at the Alpines and Focal isu200) and get an amp (something like the Vibe Powerbox 65.4M mentioned above)? Or is there somewhere for a small sub I'm not aware of?

If I want to add some small rears at a later date, is it just a case of hooking them up to the head unit and getting it recoded for F/R fade?

Anything else I should be thinking about?
I still haven't gotten time to fit them. Too many other projects ongoing at the moment...

I'm on the verge of getting the 108 20cm Alpine kit. What Amp would you guys recommend to go with this set up? No sub, just the door speakers and tweets. Ta

Standard VW NAV unit with CarPlay
You will find the tweeters quite harsh and over powering , also the factory headunit will not drive them properly, i always suggest a amp to drive 20cm speakers

most buy them purely for the grills .

we can do a set of 8” speakers, sound deadening , amp all plug and play from just another £100.00 more

You will find the tweeters quite harsh and over powering , also the factory headunit will not drive them properly, i always suggest a amp to drive 20cm speakers

most buy them purely for the grills .

we can do a set of 8” speakers, sound deadening , amp all plug and play from just another £100.00 more
Thanks but that was my question, which amp would complement and drive the speakers. Do you have any recommendations?

So speaker wise the ones on my radar are:
Focal ISU200 £180
BLAM 200rs £180
Alpine SPC-108T6 £380
ETON POW 200.2 £380
Any others worthy of consideration?

And subs, with a modest budget, small 10l sealed enclosure and with limited height (under seat), the only 10" I've seen that suits is:
Focal SUB 10 £110?

Any advice on all the above please? Are the Alpine/Etons really worth £200 extra? Perhaps it's better to get focal everything, so the system might sound more balanced?

To give some context, I currently have the stock HU and speakers but have come by a good deal on an Audison SR 5 600 so for now will be putting just that in plus a lot of sound deadening. Then next month front speakers, the month after a sub, then rear speakers and finally a new headunit next year. I'm a sucker for SQ and a big, natural sound perhaps leaning towards warm and not too harsh or bright but cash flow is tight (I have too many projects on currently) so I don't want to go overboard if it can be helped/won't be heard.

Cheers

Back