They look nice too! Shame to put the door cards back on !!

View attachment 14503
Hi, I have just got a set from absolut5, and was looking at your photo your feed wires from the original plug looks as though black goes to + on the crossover I would have thought it was the other way round, and also how have you routed the tweeter wires? Thanks

Hi @Nickdaw. I checked the + & - right back to the head unit. Easy enough to trace as each side has different colours for LH and RH sides. Follow that through to the crossover. Route the tweeter wire from the crossover through the big black gromit in the picture, then through rubber door tube, then up into the windscreen pillars. Make sure you route the wire correctly inside the door cavity. i.e. around the back of the window channel, not in front otherwise you’ll chop your wire the first time you drop the window :thumbsup:

2CCAD7D4-8E48-4B7C-8575-3448FDE20C40.jpeg

Thank you for that, so the red and black could be the wrong way round on the adapters that came with the kit?

Better check mine, what happens if they are connected the wrong way round?

If they are out of phase one speaker will move outward while the other moves inward. Make sure they are wired the same.

Reactions: HHO
Just to add, it doesn't matter if you swap the black and red, just make sure they are the same for both speakers.

Reactions: HHO
You definitely need to change the door speakers...

We high;y recommend the Rainbow 8.2 8" door woofers and tweeters for the pillars...

Use our CNC wooden collars and sound deaden the inner door skins and door plastics, will make the biggest difference...

I advise you not to bother just changing tweeters and rears...

Could you PM me details on this please? Many thanks

Hi all.. same old questions.

I want to upgrade my front speakers then add 2 in the rear once it’s coverted. But I want to keep my standard head unit,is this all possible? what are the best amps/speakers out at the moment?

Also I would like to add rear reversing camera while the unit is out, will it need to be coded?

Cheers

Back