HI Absolute5, what is the going rate for your Rainbow 8.2 upgrade including the wooden collars?

Cheers

Matt

You definitely need to change the door speakers...

We high;y recommend the Rainbow 8.2 8" door woofers and tweeters for the pillars...

Use our CNC wooden collars and sound deaden the inner door skins and door plastics, will make the biggest difference...

I advise you not to bother just changing tweeters and rears...
I’ve got these. I’d really recommend them. They make a massive difference, even with the factory head unit.

I would second what Jason just said, I got all the Rainbow kit from him as I didn't have room for a subwoofer this time, and it was a substantial improvement - but I did the tweeters first before I got round to changing the door speakers and they made absolutely no difference. The tweeters that come with the Rainbows probably complement the door speakers but will not help on their own. If you do just one thing then make it the door speakers! ( with the collars. And the sound deadening. Actually that's 3 things then :D)

Reactions: HHO
They look nice too! Shame to put the door cards back on !!

View attachment 14503
I'm after a bit of guidance.
I have just got this set of speakers, and was just wondering do you need to take the wires up to the tweeters from the crossover box or are the wires there from the original tweeters,
and how have you fixed the rainbow crossover box to the door?
thanks in advance

If you have a crossover box then both the tweeter and midrange will need to run off it. It is the box of tricks that splits the frequencies. If you take a look at the crossover there should be 6 screwed wire clamps. Two are the incoming supply from the head unit, two are the outputs to the midrange, and two are the outputs to the tweeter.

I'm after a bit of guidance.
I have just got this set of speakers, and was just wondering do you need to take the wires up to the tweeters from the crossover box or are the wires there from the original tweeters,
and how have you fixed the rainbow crossover box to the door?
thanks in advance
As @DaveyB says above. Mounted using small self tapping screws. Take the top off the crossover box and you’ll see the mounting holes.

I found the lid of the crossover started to vibrate audibly at modest to a high volume, a thin bead of silicone around the rim has cured it.

Back