Are they a good all year round tyre as I don’t have the room for winter and summer tyres?
I see there is also a 5 is that an upgrade from the 3 or a different tyre. Cheers
The F1’s are a great summer tyre, but they truly suck in anything bordering on snow/ice/mud/wet grass/non asphalt substance

The vector seen to tick all the boxes apart from 245 instead of 255 but I suppose the difference is minimal am I correct in saying if you don’t go fast I don’t need Y rated as the vector is W.
Could I ask where you got yours from and at what price?. Cheers

As long as you stay under 168mph Dave the W rating is OK. ;)

I think W speed rating is 168 mph so I have no worries there !

The Goodyear Vector 4Season Gen3 comes in both an SUV tyre and non SUV tyre. Both are load rated to 102 and are very similar prices. I went for SUV as I understand it is 6 ply as against 4 ply. Blackcircles we’re doing 4 fitted and balanced for £769 and my local garage did them for £760.

Michelin CrossClimate were my other choice but the cheapest deal I could find was £812.

I was looking at both options back in November and they were about £100 cheaper but post Jan 1 prices have gone up and availability has gone down.

It looks the same to me and has exactly the same noise and economy ratings. As I understand it is just stronger as it is 6ply.

Picture of mine attached.

4496DF72-23F0-4BAF-9D87-FCF0045853B8.jpeg

This is definitely my last question on tyres as I’m sick of them.
This tyre popped on in my screen this morning it isn’t a SUV but it is a 104 H so still faster than I go and also they do it in 255/45/19 which wasn’t my preferred size.
but the query I have is although it’s a all season tyres it comes unearthed category of a summer Tyre ?.
Any opinion would really help as I was going to order the vector today but the size of this wheel has made me think. Cheers

AD23B306-5073-4995-AB37-BAB65C8FEF9B.png

This tyre popped on in my screen this morning it isn’t a SUV but it is a 104 H so still faster than I go and also they do it in 255/45/19 which wasn’t my preferred size.
but the query I have is although it’s a all season tyres it comes unearthed category of a summer Tyre ?.
Any opinion would really help as I was going to order the vector today but the size of this wheel has made me think. Cheers

View attachment 102918
a 255 on a 8 inch rim is the Wrong size tyre.

255 on a 8 will give you all that excess bulge. Maybe that’s what VW look for or weight rating. It is still not the “recommended” tyre size for a 8 inch wheel. Maybe I didn’t make myself clear :thumbsup:

Vw supply them with a 255 width as original eqpt on the Amarok
I run a 225 over a 9 inch... so who am I to talk :think smile bounce:

I thought that it 255 give you that bit more protection I also have 255 on my 18 Amarok.
I’m happy with the size it’s the actual tyre that I’m looking for info on. Cheers

View attachment 102918

I wouldn’t be able to go on a shopping trip to the supermarket with you - I’d lose the will to live while you chose a breakfast cereal!:oops:

I’ve been humiliated into making a choice :) :) so I’ve picked the eagle sport as it’s the size I wonted also load rated 104 snd think it will suit my needs.
I have ordered then so don’t start telling me they are SH_ _ £155 per tyre the vector was £185 :grin bounce:

I’ve been humiliated into making a choice :) :) so I’ve picked the eagle sport as it’s the size I wonted also load rated 104 snd think it will suit my needs.
I have ordered then so don’t start telling me they are SH_ _ £155 per tyre the vector was £185 :grin bounce:
We need to see the end product, photos please .....

255 on a 8 will give you all that excess bulge. Maybe that’s what VW look for or weight rating. It is still not the “recommended” tyre size for a 8 inch wheel. Maybe I didn’t make myself clear :thumbsup:
We need to see the end product, photos please .....
@Dave F - a side photo would be good for the 255, to see what "bulge" this gives you.
I run 245 / 45 / 19's and I must admit, this width does expose the spokes, not caught them yet on a kerb though...

@Dave F - a side photo would be good for the 255, to see what "bulge" this gives you.
I run 245 / 45 / 19's and I must admit, this width does expose the spokes, not caught them yet on a kerb though...
I run 255 because of the t32 load rating and they are pretty hefty tbh. If I had the choice I'd go 245's for looks.

245 / 45 vrs 255 / 45

Choices, choices

Maybe we should have a poll?

my 18 Amarok have 255/45 and have spacers fitted they look nice and I’ve never really noticed the bulge so 19 should look exactly the same.

Last edited:
Back