Solow NSL / Tyre Advice

Carter133

Hi Guys, I really need your help. I am looking to upgrade my suspension on my T6 T32, to SoLow NSL in the near future.

Currently have 275/40/20 tyres all round. I am told this is too big for Solow NSL?

Situation is that I have recently bought 2 new tyres, for the rear. In order to get through the MOT I need to by two new front tyres. Given I want to upgrade the suspension soon, I'm looking at 245/40/20 on the front as an alternative.

Question is can I safely run staggered tyres 245/40/20 on the front and 275/40/20 on the back.

Last question, do you know of any brands which do a load rated 245/40/20 tyre for a t32?

Thanks for your expert advice

If 255/40/20 is suitable there are several manufacturers making good quality/but expensive tyres in that size. I've got Michelin Pilot Sport 5 Acoustics' which are 104 rated :thumbsup:

Hi Guys, I really need your help. I am looking to upgrade my suspension on my T6 T32, to SoLow NSL in the near future.

Currently have 275/40/20 tyres all round. I am told this is too big for Solow NSL?

Situation is that I have recently bought 2 new tyres, for the rear. In order to get through the MOT I need to by two new front tyres. Given I want to upgrade the suspension soon, I'm looking at 245/40/20 on the front as an alternative.

Question is can I safely run staggered tyres 245/40/20 on the front and 275/40/20 on the back.

Last question, do you know of any brands which do a load rated 245/40/20 tyre for a t32?

Thanks for your expert advice
A few things to consider here.

1. What width are the front and rear wheels? If they are 8.5" all round then I would replace all 4 for a smaller size than the 275/40, they're very big for an 8.5" wide rim. I know that isn't ideal as you've just replaced the rears. If they are staggered and you've got wider rear wheels, you might get away with a 245/45 tyre on the front if you don't go too low with the NSL. That's the same rolling radius as your rear tyres, so it'll look consistent front and rear and drive well.
2. You can run 245/40 20 front and 275/40 20 rear, unless the van is a 4 motion. You may not like the way it looks though, there's a big difference in tyre profile and will look mismatched front and rear. You'll end up with quite a nose down stance if you're looking to keep the arch gaps consistent front and rear when the van is lowered, which wouldn't be ideal.
3. The 245/40 20 Nankang AS-2+ is available in 99 and 103 load rating, you need the 103 for the T32. It's a pretty good tyre.

If you're after a premium brand, then your sizing options are more limited to keep the load rating. A 265/40 might work on the front, but again, you'll be limited to how low you can go on the NSL without it rubbing.

With either 265/40 or 245/45 on the front, I would limit the drop to say 70mm from standard and you might get away without any rubbing, but if you want to go down lower than that you definitely need smaller and then you are limited to budget brands in a 255/35 or the Nankang I mention in the 245/40.

Thanks for all the advice. Established today my wheels are 20 x8.5J all round
Nankang do a 245 45 20 load rated for all vans , we sell loads of them no issues at all, the side profile of this tyre is identical to a 275 40 20 often misused on 20 inch rims in transporters .

265 40 20 will loose a quarter inch of the side wall , not the end of the world but i guess buying a coil over you want low and it will touch somewhere if the off set isn't perfect
Think narrower not wider . There is no more grip fitting wider tyres !! .

Nankang do a 245 45 20 load rated for all vans , we sell loads of them no issues at all, the side profile of this tyre is identical to a 275 40 20 often misused on 20 inch rims in transporters .

265 40 20 will loose a quarter inch of the side wall , not the end of the world but i guess buying a coil over you want low and it will touch somewhere if the off set isn't perfect
Think narrower not wider . There is no more grip fitting wider tyres !! .
Thanks for the advice. Will a 245 45 20 fit a 8.5" wheel ok or will it be stretched?

Could I safely run 245 45 20 on the front and 275 40 20 on the rear? It's a FWD T32

Last edited:
Hello
I’m going to upgrade my vehicle suspension soon with NSL Solow. My Vans currently on 18” Defender wheels which I like. Anyone here with 18” wheels on NSL with side photos. Possibility I may go for 20” Navis gp7 but in two minds on wheels. (What tyre size is best for 20s. My vehicle is T6 Shuttle Lwb t32.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Ray

Hello
I’m going to upgrade my vehicle suspension soon with NSL Solow. My Vans currently on 18” Defender wheels which I like. Anyone here with 18” wheels on NSL with side photos. Possibility I may go for 20” Navis gp7 but in two minds on wheels. (What tyre size is best for 20s. My vehicle is T6 Shuttle Lwb t32.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Ray
Have a look on Solows socials for photos. For T32 Id recommend a 265/40 all round - This is for a 9" rim all round. This will work perfectly with NSL. You will be blown away about how good this kit is, there is nothing to compare to this kit on the market, despite what you might be told. There will be a SOLOW authorised dealer near you who will be able to help.

Just for reference, 275/40 is too big, and recommended above incorrectly - This is an oversize tyre for the Transporter, and the only reason they are used is because they are cheap and well catered for the old Range Rover sport model.

Have a look on Solows socials for photos. For T32 Id recommend a 265/40 all round - This is for a 9" rim all round. This will work perfectly with NSL. You will be blown away about how good this kit is, there is nothing to compare to this kit on the market, despite what you might be told. There will be a SOLOW authorised dealer near you who will be able to help.

Just for reference, 275/40 is too big, and recommended above incorrectly - This is an oversize tyre for the Transporter, and the only reason they are used is because they are cheap and well catered for the old Range Rover sport model.
Thank you for the advice.

Back