Will keep it short. I have a T6 T32 running on VW-fitted 40mm lowering springs. Pics of current Sportline wheels at 255/45/18 I believe on ET50 offset? As you can see there's plenty of space but I will be adding weight with a full conversion shortly.

I have my eye on a set of used 19" 8.5 alloys however they have differing offset at 2x ET35 and 2x ET40

Looking at 255/45/19 tyres to hit load rating and also all-season for once I'm allowed to drive to snow...

I'm thinking offset -should- be OK without rubbing, putting ET40 up front, and 35 at rear but want to check. Anyone running similar? I've compared wheels as in final pic and doesn't look drastic.
Sound OK?? Thanks in advance!

Side Shot.jpg
Wheel.jpg
Wheel Comparison.jpg

@Dave F - a side photo would be good for the 255, to see what "bulge" this gives you.
I run 245 / 45 / 19's and I must admit, this width does expose the spokes, not caught them yet on a kerb though...
235/40 is what I run on my cantera. Nice square shoulder. 245/45 has my vote

The sizes, offset and tyres should be fine and yes, 40 offset front and 35 rear is the way to go. Just check that the wheels are load rated to 860kg for T32 though. :thumbsup:

The sizes, offset and tyres should be fine and yes, 40 offset front and 35 rear is the way to go. Just check that the wheels are load rated to 860kg for T32 though. :thumbsup:
Great, thanks Chris. And yes rims are rated at bang on 860 :)

I have a brand new set of 255/45/19 winters ready to go on the Cantera's I recently bought. As normal I charged in and bought the same tyre size that fitted on my 19" summer wheels which are 9.5s - without thinking, I'm now thinking !!! My vote is 255 .......

I'll address that issue once I've decided what colour to have the Cantera's powder coated. Van is Indium grey, any recommendations on the wheels ?
Which tyre did you get. I’ve got a t32 on order and also now got a set of Canteras. Been advised that the tyre has to match the factory spec because the front axle weight is 1720kg but all the tyres I find are 850kg each. I know it’s 20kg just under but been told it would invalidate any insurance or warranty claim. On a expensive van is it worth the risk. Might just stick to the factory wheels and sell on the Canteras

Which tyre did you get. I’ve got a t32 on order and also now got a set of Canteras. Been advised that the tyre has to match the factory spec because the front axle weight is 1720kg but all the tyres I find are 850kg each. I know it’s 20kg just under but been told it would invalidate any insurance or warranty claim. On a expensive van is it worth the risk. Might just stick to the factory wheels and sell on the Canteras
@SteH i bought a set of Nokian WR Snowproof P 255/45/R19 104V XL as I plan on using the Cantera's as my winter setup. I have a T28 so the tyre load rating is fine for me and a T32 (I think 103 is the minimum for a T32). As I mentioned i blindly bought the same tyre spec as fitted on my summer 19" wheels but these are 9.5" rims. My conundrum is, having a T28 I could run the same tyre in a 245/4/R19 102V XL which looks a better fit on an 8" rim.

I can't decide what to do, aesthetics vs cost of swapping the tyres, vs a bit of rim protection offered by the wider tyre. I'm waiting for @Dave F to post some side on pics so I can see what they look like.

I believe you would have to put 255/45/19 on a t32 so if you have been looking at 245/45 they won’t be any good.
That isn’t my knowledge it’s just what I have read on the forum so you might need to clarify that.

18” Amarok ate 7.5 ET 45 and I have run 20mm in the rear and 15mm on the front.
I like the distance the stick out at the minute.
New 19’s are 8 ET43 so if I put the 15 on the rear and 10 on the front will this look the same? Just won’t to order a set ready for fitting

18” Amarok ate 7.5 ET 45 and I have run 20mm in the rear and 15mm on the front.
I like the distance the stick out at the minute.
New 19’s are 8 ET43 so if I put the 15 on the rear and 10 on the front will this look the same? Just won’t to order a set ready for fitting

As an example for you Dave, this is mine with 15mm on the rear and nothing on the front.

20210214_115336.jpg

That looks nice I think the 15 on the back is exactly what won’t. I’m probably best having nothing on the front and see what it look like. Cheers

Last edited:
Had the wheels fitted today and I’m well happy it drives lovely slightly harder ride with them being all season tyres but nothing to shout about.
the ride hight looks really nice but as I am towing I have to lift it 15mm which is a Shame but that was always the plan.
I put 15mm spacers on the back snd also the front as I had a set but I am going to Chang the fronts to 10mm spacers.

255/45/19 104

C0CBDC28-6290-4499-930A-9FA4582656AC.png

A8F59A05-603E-45C9-8B25-DC1DD6F62DD7.jpeg

Had the wheels fitted today and I’m well happy it drives lovely slightly harder ride with them being all season tyres but nothing to shout about.
the ride hight looks really nice but as I am towing I have to lift it 15mm which is a Shame but that was always the plan.
I put 15mm spacers on the back snd also the front as I had a set but I am going to Chang the fronts to 10mm spacers.

View attachment 104013

View attachment 104014

Very nice @Dave F I feel like we've all been on a journey with you and these wheels!! ;)

Hello everyone, Im taking delivery of a new T6.1 Caravelle 199 Exec next week. I was looking around for 19 inch wheels to upgrade from the standard 17's. Got talked into buying a set of 19 ET40 9.5j wheels since i liked the design and the gunmetal colour matched the Reflex silver paint. 8.5 j wheels for the same design were out of stock.
Could anyone share some knowledge on the right size tyres for these wheels please. Seller advised on 255 40 R19 for the 9.5j rims?
I am new to this forum and have never used a similar vehicle.

I think 255 40 19 will have a load rating of 100 which may be slightly under for a Caravelle. 255 45 19 would be ok, or 245 45 19 but will be a bit stretched on a 9.5j wheel

Edit. Or 265 40 19. Have a look on willtheyfit.com

I think 255 40 19 will have a load rating of 100 which may be slightly under for a Caravelle. 255 45 19 would be ok, or 245 45 19 but will be a bit stretched on a 9.5j wheel
Hi Sharpe, Thank you very much for replying to my query. So should i be selecting 104 for load rating since i'm trying to buy the tyres online. Will 255 45 19 tyres fit my alloys even though it says 19 inch ET40. Apologise if my question looks stupid cause i really don't have a clue. Thanks in advance.

I think a Caravelle is equivalent to a T30, so would need a minimum of 101 rated tyres. Basically you need to look at the maximum axle weight and halve it. e.g. if the axle weight limit is 1650kg, you would need a tyre with a maximum weight rating of 825kg which is 101. Is all a bit of a minefield, there are some very experienced members on here @BognorMotors and @Tourershine spring to mind as knowing a lot more than me

Back