I'm putting A/T tyres on my lifted van. I am thinking that I will put some spacers on to get the tyre wall to better fill the arch. What size spacers should I use (tyre on standard steels, 215/65/16) and I will need longer wheel bolts right? Where do I get these from?

I've got a set of 15mm and 20mm spacers if you're close to Leicester and want to try them before you buy any, and yes you need the matching longer bolts.

For 215's
25mm/30mm front
25mm/30mm/40mm rear

If you get

H&R Trak+ Wheel Spacers Volkswagen Transporter T5

It comes with all the bolts you need including new locking wheel nuts (if need for the 25mm version)
For the 30mm & 40mm you re-use your old bolts, as the the hub-centric spacer uses new bolts to bolt it directly to the hub.

Just make sure the spacers you choose are Hub-centric & TUV approved imo. They are well worth it

For 215's
25mm/30mm front
25mm/30mm/40mm rear

If you get

H&R Trak+ Wheel Spacers Volkswagen Transporter T5

It comes with all the bolts you need including new locking wheel nuts (if need for the 25mm version)
For the 30mm & 40mm you re-use your old bolts, as the the hub-centric spacer uses new bolts to bolt it directly to the hub.

Just make sure the spacers you choose are Hub-centric & TUV approved imo. They are well worth it

@chriscroft would you say 30mm spacers on the rear will still work well with 235 tyres also. (davonports)

Cheers
Paul

30mm fine for rear, and you can reuse your old locking nuts (i believe),
down slightly.

Spot on Chris thanks. I was kinda regretting maybe not going 25mm all round as my fear is the 235s would stick out past the arch.

Back