I've been searched for some new alloys and had some people tell me all different widths, havent found any i like as of yet anyway i have lowered 50mm and want to put some spacers on the wheels so was thinking 25mm for the front and 35mm for the back is this to much or shall i go 5 mm each shorter and what are the best brand to get?

Depends on wheel width and offset of wheels you choose

Depends on wheel width and offset of wheels you choose
I have the standard 215 16" wheels that im going to keep on there intil i can make a decesion just wanted them wider but dont want them to end up stick past and rubbing when van is loaded

Hi, If you get a straight edge and put it across your wheel arches say (150mm ish down from the top of the arch), and measure back to your tyre you should find that around 25mm(or 30mm) on the fronts, and upto 40mm on the rear. I went for 25mm all round on 235 tyres,
It really is worth getting some good hub-centric TUV approved spacers, I went for HR, but there are others.
Just think about your bolts, their heads and re-using your plastic body head covers. It is hard to find 19mm bolt heads with the correct seating, and a VW wobble collar. If you don't have those, re-using your covers is tricky (if you are even bothered). With the larger (thicker) spacers you can reuse your old bolt, as the spacer bolts to the hub using supplied countersunk bolt heads. Then your wheel bolts to hub(cast in inserts to take bolts). For the 30mm+ fine, for 25mm spacers you may ned to cut a couple of mm of your existing bolts' thread, if you wish to use them. I think you will be pleased with the look. It is a big big improvement. Just be mindful going around left hand corners; you will probably clip the kerb, to start with.:):):)

Hi, If you get a straight edge and put it across your wheel arches say (150mm ish down from the top of the arch), and measure back to your tyre you should find that around 25mm(or 30mm) on the fronts, and upto 40mm on the rear. I went for 25mm all round on 235 tyres,
It really is worth getting some good hub-centric TUV approved spacers, I went for HR, but there are others.
Just think about your bolts, their heads and re-using your plastic body head covers. It is hard to find 19mm bolt heads with the correct seating, and a VW wobble collar. If you don't have those, re-using your covers is tricky (if you are even bothered). With the larger (thicker) spacers you can reuse your old bolt, as the spacer bolts to the hub using supplied countersunk bolt heads. Then your wheel bolts to hub(cast in inserts to take bolts). For the 30mm+ fine, for 25mm spacers you may ned to cut a couple of mm of your existing bolts' thread, if you wish to use them. I think you will be pleased with the look. It is a big big improvement. Just be mindful going around left hand corners; you will probably clip the kerb, to start with.:):):)

Thanks for reply and sorry for late reply i have just looked into the spacers again as i never get chance to sort being so busy i did measure it like that thinking it would work, i think i might go for 30 on front and 40 on back for now hr are the beat then, dont buy the cheap crap?

I want to buy a set of H&R 25mm spacers for my Highline.

Simple question - will anything listed for a T5 work?

I'm looking at H&R Trak+ DRA Series spacers, total 50mm track widening per axle, part number 5075650.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

I have a set for sale.. 25mm from ECP. Brand new in box never been out, used or fitted..

Hi Fish. Interested! Can you be more specific about what you have please? Are they the part number I have quoted?
Oh, and how much do you want for them?
Thanks!

Do you need extra long bolts when spacers are fitted? If you do, what do you do about locking wheel bolts?

Do you need extra long bolts when spacers are fitted? If you do, what do you do about locking wheel bolts?

Not with the ones I have listed. But it does depend on the width of the spacers you want.
Certainly the 25mm spacers that I am after come with bolts that are used to attach the spacer to the wheel hub. Then the wheel bolts to the spacer using your original bolts - the spacer acts as a simple extension of the hub.
This means that there is no faffing around with longer bolts, and no expensive new locking bolts to buy.

Not with the ones I have listed. But it does depend on the width of the spacers you want.
Certainly the 25mm spacers that I am after come with bolts that are used to attach the spacer to the wheel hub. Then the wheel bolts to the spacer using your original bolts - the spacer acts as a simple extension of the hub.
This means that there is no faffing around with longer bolts, and no expensive new locking bolts to buy.

Exatctly right! :thumbsup:

Back