ah right, just had tracking checked and its ok. Might just give everything a clean and refit or I could buy some new wheels , obviously in the interest of safety:thumbsup:

Evening all. New to the forum and to the t6 scene. Just picked mine up last week and in love so far!
Regarding spacers. I am currently running Black Springfield 255/45 18’s. Scheduled to be lowered 40mm. Question is what is optimal spacer for this size tire to really get the tire to the edge but not having any rubbing issues if the van is loaded down. Was thinking 15mm front on each corner and 25mm rear. Is this the average st up?

Thanks in advance!!

2CF26C7D-7825-42AA-9FD5-80CB85D95F06.jpeg

Off topic but lovely van
I see it an edition but is it a Kombi with extra glass or a caravelle ????
Just wondering.... but it looks sweet pal love it :)

you were right @Fish, when I had fitted the spacers using the bolts supplied but when I fitted the wheel I used the original locking wheel bolt which has the collar. I removed the original locking bolt and used the new bolt and all is now quiet. Cheers Fish:thumbsup:

Has anyone experienced increased road noise with spacers fitted from the rear ?

Mines lowered 40mm on just springs, 17 wheels with 25mm front 30mm rear Spacers.

At around 65/70mph I feel the road noise is increased, all I can think is there is more of a void inside the rear arches now for noise to echo.

How important is it to do 4 wheel alignment after adding spacers?

Has anyone experienced increased road noise with spacers fitted from the rear ?

Mines lowered 40mm on just springs, 17 wheels with 25mm front 30mm rear Spacers.

At around 65/70mph I feel the road noise is increased, all I can think is there is more of a void inside the rear arches now for noise to echo.

I dont recall increased noise when i fitted spacers ( i had Devonports), but what was noticeable was the steering became more sensitive / directional, although i got used to it.

I’ve read endless spacer conversations and am getting more confused.
There’s a few convos saying you need new or cut down bolts for 25mm H&R spacers,, however all the online shops I’ve been looking at are saying you use your originals. Has anyone got experience with this?

Not sure, I don’t know if that’s because people were cutting the locker because they were re-using it and had replaced the others

I'm assuming it's because the oem locking bolts are slightly longer than the normal oem bolts. I run 30mm spacers on the back of mine and don't run locking bolts just a full set of OEM bolts, so obviously didn't need to fully research it as they definitely are ok to use on this width.
I'm sure someone will be along soon to clarify as plenty running 25mm rears.

My 25mm h &r spacers came with 2 sets of bolts. One set to bolt the spacer to the hub and second set for the alloys.
That said no longer needed so up for sale

That prob makes more sense than what I said above so ignore me :)
No worries, I’ve spoke to one of the companies they’ve said the original bolts should fit but if not then cut them down. I don’t really want to mess about with all that tbh.

My 25mm h &r spacers came with 2 sets of bolts. One set to bolt the spacer to the hub and second set for the alloys.
That said no longer needed so up for sale
Cheers for the offer, I’m going to leave it for now and do a bit more research

H&R 25mm spacers come with the shorter bolts for the wheels (however, they don’t include locking wheel bolts, if that’s important you’ll need to cut or source them separately)

H&R 25mm spacers come with the shorter bolts for the wheels (however, they don’t include locking wheel bolts, if that’s important you’ll need to cut or source them separately)
That’s what I thought as I’ve read your comments before on another thread but one of the companies has said they don’t. I think it was even the link you put up I spoke to.

Just to clarify - will I need to buy 4 x shorter locking wheel nuts / bolts if wishing to fit the H&R 20mm (F) and 25mm (R) hubcentric spacers ? .

If that's the case, can anyone recommend a set ?

Back