hi guys. I'm thinking of fitting 40mm spacers on the rear and 30mm on the front of my van i have the original 16" black clayton wheels and want to bring them out flush. Was looking at the h&r trax black range. I rang one place that sells them and was told i was crazy to fit these as it will put too much strain on my suspension and especially the wheel bearings! Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the wheel bearings after driving with the spacers on their t6?

thanks guys.
mark

hi guys. I'm thinking of fitting 40mm spacers on the rear and 30mm on the front of my van i have the original 16" black clayton wheels and want to bring them out flush. Was looking at the h&r trax black range. I rang one place that sells them and was told i was crazy to fit these as it will put too much strain on my suspension and especially the wheel bearings! Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the wheel bearings after driving with the spacers on their t6?

thanks guys.
mark

30mm have been used a fair amount, but i've not seen 40mm.

Hi I am new on here and have the chance of a set of 275/45 r20
Range Rover wheels and new tyres.

What will I need to do to fit them to my T5 spacers on front and longer bolts ?? Please help
These tyres are 32mm larger (radius) i.e the gap all the way round, or 8.6% plus they are wider; This would be right on the edge of fitting inside the wheel arches without catching; I think you would need to remove the plastic liners. Do you have standard suspension?, I wondering if you would need a bit of a lift to get these in.

Also unless you've got a big engine output, the drivability, acceleration will be significantly reduced; But they would look great imo.

The size of the alloys is not the issue, just the size of the tyres

Last edited:
Hi all just lowered my T32 40mm on H&r springs not totally happy but hey that’s another story, I want to stick with the devonports and want to try various spacers front & rear does anyone have any for sale and also pics of there van with a 40mm drop and with spacers and what size.
I ran 25mm front;40mm rear spacers with 235/60/16 on my T5; with a 30mm suspension drop
It brings the wheels right out to the edge od the arches; they work fine no issues at all; other than I used to clip the kerb a bit more often on left hand corners; and the rears just looked a tad after-market for me; like a go fast golf. So for the T6 I went for 25mm all round which suite my van better imo.

Hi All,

A very quick and simple one. Do I need longer wheel bolts to go with a 5mm spacer or will I be ok with the standard ones?

Cheers

Greg

Last edited:
Although it's only 5mm, most of the spacer manufactures and suppliers do recommend you buy longer bolts.

Why only 5mm?

The spigots on these wheels are a bit odd. The centre bore is 84mm with a large metal spigot ring that takes it down to 65mm. Apparently Wolfrace stopped making the 72mm version and started producing the massive rings to go with the 84mm version.

Has anyone had any “clicking” noise from front spacers? I had 25mm spacers both front and rear., recently started getting a noise from the front so I have taken all the spacers off and the noise has gone. Anyone else had a problem or know what i noise might be

Has anyone had any “clicking” noise from front spacers? I had 25mm spacers both front and rear., recently started getting a noise from the front so I have taken all the spacers off and the noise has gone. Anyone else had a problem or know what i noise might be
What type are they?.

H & R, I checked the bolts as I removed them and none of them had been catching

What’s that, there was only 2 spacers and 10 bolts in the box.

Back