Hello, my van is a march 2019 t6. I had a major service done in Oct 21 where long-life oil was put in. I have just bought the "all-in" package.
My van is a converted camper, it is only used for trips, mainly motorway miles. As I have 3 years to use the 2 all in services im not sure how to schedule these in. I'll only be doing around 3-4k a year so I am not expecting oil quality to trigger a service warning. Any thoughts / advice appreciated.

Its up to you, i like to get my vehicles serviced every year but if your mileage is very low you could go longer, guess you could book them after 18 months each to maximise the time allowed ?
Dont think i would go any longer or you will be up to two years between services :thumbsdown:

Thanks, if I do go for yearly do they put normal oil in or still use long life? Is there an advantage to using long life even if you are servicing yearly?

My T6 4 Motion 2017 DSG 204 has just come up with service ,it is at 99k and has had cam belt etc .
What is changed at this interval as VW say oil,filter, air filter,fuel filter and pollen filter.
Just been quoted £407 ?
Is there any other things/checks they need to be doing?
Thanks
John

I've just gone to book my T6, T28, 2019 plate in for an MOT online and noticed I apparently have a pre paid service plan (news to me considering I bought the Van second hand). Am I right in thinking these plans are tied to the vehicle rather than a person? Also does anyone know if they have expiry dates? Bit annoying that VW Swindon didn't tell me about it when I paid cash for an interim last summer!

Reactions: CAB
the service plan should be with the van, the vw dealer service department would be best to talk to (service manager)

the service plan should be with the van, the vw dealer service department would be best to talk to (service manager)
Yeh, you'd think so..... the lady I spoke to could just tell me I had a service plan and that was about it. She said they don't know your vehicle has a service plan unless you tell them which is why they charged me last time. Will try and get a bit more sense out of them when I visit site for the MOT which the booking process also told me was free of charge.... But for others reading this thread click here and put in your license plate as you may have some free services waiting for you if your lucky like I was :).

My 2016 van came with a service plan when I bought it second hand that I have used so it must be registered to the van. I think I just phoned the dealers and gave them the original plate number (I have a personal plate).

she told you, you have a service plan, she probably forgot to mention it ran out !
get on the phone in the morning

she told you, you have a service plan, she probably forgot to mention it ran out !
get on the phone in the morning
It's active alright otherwise the website wouldn't let me book one in or tell me I have an active servive plan. But your absolutely right it could expire between now and my MOT (end of Jan). I was tempted to book it in a.s.a.p in case it expired but I've not long had the interim sevrice, the van has done about 3000 miles since then and only has 10000 on the clock. To be honest they put me off based on the low mileage so if it does expire they will be getting both barrells for charging me previously and putting me off. Swindon branch have always been pretty good in the past with recalls and warranty work so I'm sure it will be alright.

yeh i get that
best ring then and get an end date
another oil change wont hurt if its about to run out, everybody knows my opinion on oil changes every 5000 miles on all my vehicles
apart from my trackcar which is every 2000 miles lol

2019 T6 204 booked information service tomorrow
Reg'd July 2019, 34k miles.
I have the "all in" plan, so the Large service and MOT are included.
They've suggested the timing belt and water pump too (4 yrs or 120k miles)

But also looks like they should have done DSG oil/filter at 3 years? And also looks like spark plugs due at 4 yrs.

Given that the All-in plan includes extended warranty, where doing I stand with doing the additional work at a local Indi? Or for warranty do I have to do all the work at VW.

you need to follow the VW guidance to be able to make any future warranty claim .

that means you need to address the missing service items:

timing belt and water pump too (4 yrs or 120k miles)
DSG oil/filter at 3 years
spark plugs due at 4 yrs.

++++

the good news is you don't HAVE to use a VW garage,

you CAN use a INDY provided they are VAT registered and use OEM parts and follow the VW service manual to the T.

you need to have any invoices for works detailing all the parts and labour etc to the submit to VW as proof the work been done to the VW standard.

if VW are not happy with any invoice you submit they may reject a future claim. - and this has happened with members before where VW have rejected claims for say a timing belt job done by an Indy where superfluous bolts weren't replaced as per the VW service guide, that the VW garage would have replaced.

++++

if your not sure or dont want any messing about, let your VW garage deal with it.

the benifit of letting them do it is the parts and work carry there own 24mnth warranty,

and any furure warranty claims cany be disputed as VW themselves have been the garage doing the work.

++++

Hmm. OK, will leave them to do it, but will ask why they didn't do DSG oil and filter last year, or suggest spark plugs.

FYI they've just left me a voicemail "confirming the van tomorrow for 2 tyres and cam belt/waterpump". WTF. Not exactly confidence-inspiring!

I bought my 2019 Multivan a couple of months ago, 106,000km, and am loving it. I was told when I bought it the timing belt was due so I took it to a VW place (not dealership) and they said it wasn't due until 120,000km. Drove across the country (Australia) and got a "between service" oil and filter change (I think 15,000km is too long) and was told the timing belt change was overdue (about 112,000km by then). Reading the entries here, timing belt change intervals are all over the place (different suggestions for Western Europe etc). As with general servicing. My Subaru's service book says what is due when but not the VW. A bunch of check boxes each page where the dealer ticks what's been done, if he remembers. Maybe different in the UK. I understand that different things affect service intervals - lots of short city driving and low kms compared to country driving etc - but I don't even have starting point with the VW. Not what I expected from the Germans. Do people just hunt around forums until they find suggestions that sound about right?

Reactions: CAB
Back