Can an amplifier be retro fitted to the Discovery Media System ? The system is ideal for my needs just finding the amplifier lacking that bit of extra grunt !

Alpine x801d-u
Hybrid Audio l1pro we tweeters
Hybrid Audio l6se mid bass
Hybrid Audio Claus 12" sub running infinite baffle on the bulkhead
Hybrid Audio l2x crossovers if I decide to not go active.
Genesis s3 5 channel ltd for the sub and midbass
Genesis st60 modified for the tweeters
Much sound deadening

Blimey!!!

Can an amplifier be retro fitted to the Discovery Media System ? The system is ideal for my needs just finding the amplifier lacking that bit of extra grunt !
Yep, no problem and lots to choose from. I think they usually go under a seat. But you will need to at least upgrade the front speakers as well to get much benefit.
You can go the - upgrade front speakers mids and tweeters first
then if still not pleased upgrade amp to oem head unit next
then add subwoofer under seat if you want a bit more

Or change head unit(with better built in amp) and add new speakers as an alternative

I'm planing on spending nicely over the £1k mark to get something really good imo (I hope)
But you can spend £6k on extra stuff if you really want
Or £200 on some decent front speaker upgrades

You spends your money, and takes your chance:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I ended up hating our Kenwood (dealer fitted) system in the old Cali; took forever to boot up, killed the battery twice, satnav was painful to update and use, BT handsfree was rubbish, appalling radio reception.

Standard stereo (with BT, music streaming and DAB) plus a good Garmin portable has been MUCH better.

Not paying for factory fit satnav again. Although it's now free in the new M140i which I'm eyeing up...
Not tempted by the new golfR due out?

Unfortunately car audio is one of my hobbies. I run a similar setup in my car and it sounds amazing. I built it to compete in the UK emma sound quality championships but the standards have become so high I won't compete. Just enjoy it.

Unfortunately car audio is one of my hobbies. I run a similar setup in my car and it sounds amazing. I built it to compete in the UK emma sound quality championships but the standards have become so high I won't compete. Just enjoy it.
I'd be really interested if you have the time for a thread and photos, when project ULTIMATE T6 ICE is underway:thumbsup::thumbsup:

image.jpeg We do many speaker upgrades for the T6, from rainbow, Hertz, Morel, Blam

Depends on budget and system requirements,

Rainbow and Blam do 8" door woofers and tweeters which are efficient to run off the headunit,

If you are looking for a amped set up, then we do a complete package using Hertz Mille Pro front components, JL audio 3 channel amp to drive them and one of our custom underseat enclosure containing a JL 10" sub

no replacement for displacement!!!! , oh and cylinders.
Clarkson seems to like his VW, but the point to point speed of these awd Merc A45amg, Focus RS, and VW R is getting silly, compared to their ability to offer fun.

no replacement for displacement!!!! , oh and cylinders.
Clarkson seems to like his VW, but the point to point speed of these awd Merc A45amg, Focus RS, and VW R is getting silly, compared to their ability to offer fun.
I just find AWD makes for slightly dull handling and no four pot will ever sound great. The FRS looks pretty good but it's SO heavy. What Car still rates the M135i higher.

It's all down to preference but for me, a good engine is critical and I much prefer BMWs 8 speed auto to Merc and VWs semi autos in the A45 and R.

The BM just manages that balance of being pretty comfy, really quick, sounds great but is the best on fuel (in the real World), looks subtle and still batters some serious kit on track; it's Top Gear power lap time was and still is, awesome!

Threads can go off topic. It's allowed you know...

@CRD I think my BM subs are passive but dad runs an active one in his T4 Caravelle and it sounds great.
I was thinking of just fitting a pair reasonable quality 6 or 8" component speakers in the rear and adding an active sub, just relying on the 4 x 40 watts amp in the head unit. For a modest outlay, £3-400, thought this would give reasonable improvement over the stock system.

I wonder if I could down load the C63 sound track to play over my upgraded ICE. A cheaper alternative than the many £10k's that MTM would charge to stick an audi RS3 engine in
I have played various car sounds through my stereo before...! Small block Hemi is still my favourite.

A guy in Galicia put a Subaru engine in his T3: sounded pretty nice through a fairly free flowing exhaust system.

Much as I love our T6 and it's improved engine, it still sounds pretty cack. :oops:

Back