[Guide] How To Retrofit MFSW And Cruise Control To T6 Eu6 2019 Startline - Also Hacking DSG Paddles For CCS

@Pag mine just slipped in and locked. Nothing eventful. Have you got the plugs fully release from each other and from the loom clip?

what you showed in the picture is a plug. if the clip for the plug does not suit you, maybe solder your yellow wire to the black yellow one in the socket.

what you showed in the picture is a plug. if the clip for the plug does not suit you, maybe solder your yellow wire to the black yellow one in the socket.
Yeah I did think of this but, not easy to get to the other side of the block to hold it and solder it.
I wanted to fit it so it looked OEM but thanks for your help.
Paul

I'm a wally , when I posted the picture above of the T10 plug I realised what I needed to do i had not pushed the purple part across to allow excess. Done that wire straight in push purple clip back all good.
Now to finish the rest and put it all back together and code it

I'm a wally , when I posted the picture above of the T10 plug I realised what I needed to do i had not pushed the purple part across to allow excess. Done that wire straight in push purple clip back all good.
Now to finish the rest and put it all back together and code it
Bravo :):)

Hi
Can any one talk me how to do the coding for the mfsw, I have a new hex 2 cable not used it before apart from clearing fault codes.
So I've done everything wheel on just trying to do coding I have scanned and saved that, But how do I get to the ecu ? I can see the BCM under electronics 2.
I've looked at the list of items dont see it there and when I got into engine cant see it there, there isn't a search facility.
Help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Ecu is engine module. I’d recommend watching a long coding tutorial on YouTube first, but just follow the module bits and bites in this thread. It’s been a few months since I did mine and I’m no coding guru.

Reactions: Pag
Hi
Can any one talk me how to do the coding for the mfsw, I have a new hex 2 cable not used it before apart from clearing fault codes.
So I've done everything wheel on just trying to do coding I have scanned and saved that, But how do I get to the ecu ? I can see the BCM under electronics 2.
I've looked at the list of items dont see it there and when I got into engine cant see it there, there isn't a search facility.
Help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
Posting a full unedited VCDS Auto-Scan would be a good starting point.

Posting a full unedited VCDS Auto-Scan would be a good starting point.
This is how it is with nothing altered, having fitted the wheel and done all the wiring required just started it up to make sure it was still running after having all those blocks apart under the battery.
I'm also on the rose tec site reading a how to on there for ccs.
Paul

Attachments

• Log-GR18CEP-WV1ZZZ7HZKH137717-32370km-20113mi.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: mmi
This is how it is with nothing altered, having fitted the wheel and done all the wiring required just started it up to make sure it was still running after having all those blocks apart under the battery.
I'm also on the rose tec site reading a how to on there for ccs.
Paul
Hmmm... soon the battery will be flat (see last line of the scan, and also Engine Control Unit recorded very low voltage (6.4V). Battery needs to be recharged to avoid any undesired side-effects while doing the coding.

BCM (09) reports fault "Control Module Incorrectly Coded" - did you get this after installing new bits? Before that all was good?

Hmmm... soon the battery will be flat (see last line of the scan, and also Engine Control Unit recorded very low voltage (6.4V). Battery needs to be recharged to avoid any undesired side-effects while doing the coding.

BCM (09) reports fault "Control Module Incorrectly Coded" - did you get this after installing new bits? Before that all was good?
Once I installed all the new bits that's when I did the coding.
I have done or added some of the coding but byte 29 bit 6 isn't there to check or add ??
Paul

Meanwhile... the engine control unit should have a menu to select CCS.
1614364202176.png
Thus your current (byte 5) coding 04 (0000 0100) should come 24 (0010 0100).
----

byte 29 bit 6 isn't there to check or add ??
Use LCode2 to open up "all" tick-boxes.
1614366021394.png

Meanwhile... the engine control unit should have a menu to select CCS.
View attachment 105718
Thus your current (byte 5) coding 04 (0000 0100) should come 24 (0010 0100).
----

Use LCode2 to open up "all" tick-boxes.
View attachment 105723
Thank you mmi I will have a go tomorrow I did try it about an hour ago steering wheel light up ok but nothing works from it not even the horn but I think that's because I have not done Byte 29 bit 6 and I dont think I saved the others I did.
cheers Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mmi
:waving::waving::waving::waving:
Very happy been out and done the last parts of the coding all good everything works I was whooping like a child.
Thanks for all your help with this from pasted post to current posts, this is how social media should be a wealth of knowledge.

Cheers Paul

Awesome thread, have read it numerous times and decided to have a go so getting all my bits together to do this on my non cruise 2017 Shuttle.

The MFD controls are playing up on the stalk so figure I may as well jump in with the MFSW rather than changing the stalk.

Have ordered the wiring kit from Kufatec.

Just need the two additional repair wires as listed earlier in the thread:

Repair wire 1 - 000 979 009 E (T41 connector end). This shows up on eBay so OK there.

Repair wire 2 - 000 979 026 E (T10 connector ). Not obvious where to get this from. Can anyone advise best place to buy?

I'm new to the T6 and to car/van mods in general so I may be missing an obvious place to go to.

Also, pin removal tools, figure I probably need to pick some up. Any recommendations? Again I'm new to this so dont know if there's a wide range of types/sizes to choose from?

Thanks in advance, really looking forward to getting stuck in with this as my first mod. Hope I don't regret it! :)

Back