[Guide] How To Retrofit MFSW And Cruise Control To T6 Eu6 2019 Startline - Also Hacking DSG Paddles For CCS

Unless you get the correct wheel with airbag you will need a loom .. you need to use your existing airbag from your trend line van the new wheel airbag fitting needs to be the same as your van airbag for swap over “search t6 mfsw wiring loom” on eBay .. if you go to the dealers they will need a vin number and your van vin will be no good as you have no mfsw fitted. Ccs on the wheel is not the same as acc - active cruise control and is a different wheel .. so do not buy acc version wheel as it wil not work .. only standard cruise control wheel .. I’ll try and post some photos
Thanks yeah I knew i didn't want an ACC wheel.
Cheers Pag

Am I right in thinking you have CC on your stalks, which is why no need for buttons on SW.
Is it easer to have the stalks done for CC. Then have Mfsw done thanks for your time on this.
Pag

I think you a bit confused .. I did have ccs on the stalk but removed this control when I fitted the Mfsw although the stalk is still in situ .. it does nothing and I couldn’t be bothered to remove the stalk .. the ccs buttons and control are part of the wheel and ccs is much easier to use than from the stalk .. if you have no ccs then use the mfsw if you are bothering to do all the work of fitting mfsw otherwise why fit the new wheel ? and don’t bother with the stalk

I think you a bit confused .. I did have ccs on the stalk but removed this control when I fitted the Mfsw although the stalk is still in situ .. it does nothing and I couldn’t be bothered to remove the stalk .. the ccs buttons and control are part of the wheel and ccs is much easier to use than from the stalk .. if you have no ccs then use the mfsw if you are bothering to do all the work of fitting mfsw otherwise why fit the new wheel ? and don’t bother with the stalk

I see yeah I get your point about not removing the stalk and my thinking was the same I wouldn't go to all that trouble to not have CCS on the wheel.
Thanks again

Hi all!
I have readen all at once. Im so Happy to know its possible to install the wheel. Many thanks for your work chang1. I have found this mfsw but im not sure it'll work in my 2017 Trendline Caravelle. It has got cnl button in the middle. Can anybody help? Thanks!

Screenshot_2021-02-02-22-19-26-898_com.wallapop.jpg

Unfortunately it won't work. I also put on steering wheels with CCS and I had to feel only with CCS and not a limiter. Tomorrow I will connect the cable from T41 / 11 to T10 / 1, but I wonder if I should not do it closer to the ECU in the T94 / 44 connector. Why lay out the entire installation when I have everything upstairs at the ECU.

I have questions.
1. If I have a black wire on the T41 / 9 plug, do I have to connect it with the lights plug and pin 4?
2. On the BCM on pin 36 I have a gray and white wire and in pin 17 I have a green and blue wire. Should the one from pin 17 be connected with 36?

Yes, after going to the T10 myself, I have since learned that it may be easier to go direct to ecu, but I don’t know the plug or pin.
Bmc 17 and 36 were not joined on mine, but i spliced into 36.
The one to the lights is just ignition live. Can’t remember the T41 pin, but it’s all in here somewhere. I remember writing a bit of a guide to detail my findings.

I would like to thank you for this post which helped me a lot with CCS assembly and share how I did it.
My car is VW T6 Caravelle 2018 2.0 204KM SGB 7HC CXEB DSG
In my case, I already had a multi-steering wheel but without CCS in the steering wheel and it was also not in the shifters.
I bought a steering wheel from a T6 but with CCS without a limiter.
I also purchased a VCDS program.

If you already have a Multi steering wheel, as in my case, after removing the cushion, check if there are five wires in the left black plug - I had a set so I did not have to buy such a cable.

The next step is to remove the grips (unscrew the torx screw) and disconnect the T41 plug. The plug has such a white handle and you need to pull it upwards - the plug will pop out by itself.

Then you need to get to the BCM, which is under the board between the light knob and the steering wheel from the car's bulkhead.
Exactly with the BCM we need a white T73B plug.
It's easier to unplug the plugs after unplugging the BCM, but I did it without removing it.

The next step is to remove the battery. Under the battery there is a metal plate for four screws, a key 13. Under the plate I had some soundproofing and under it there is a large black box for a few torx 20 screws, if I remember correctly.
After unscrewing these screws you will get to the chamber with a lot of cables and ECU.
The ECU is inserted as if under the lamp and two large black oblong plugs enter it.
The left plug is longer than the right plug.
Next to the ECU on the left there are plugs and sockets of different colors mounted on the grille vertically.
The plugs are the same under the armchairs, you can see what they look like.
We need to unplug all these plugs to get to the black T10 plug / socket at the bottom.

All plugs and sockets have the right colors, so you can easily unplug - connecting them together is not a problem. Two plugs are black, one is probably in the third row, but it doesn't interest us. We are looking for a black socket which is at the bottom and which has a black and yellow wire connected to pin 1. There is no wire in the plug on this pin.
In my assembly, I had to add three wires to the entire installation.
Now I will describe how I made it from which plug and pin to which plug and pin.

Shifters handlebar plug T41:
I had pin 9, the black wire, because there was a Multi steering wheel - if there is no Multi, you need to add + 12V
PIN 11 cable to T10 plug PIN 1 (I used the cable to the engine compartment with a rubber in the bulkhead where the link from the bonnet lock goes)
PIN 10 cable to the T73B PIN 36 plug
(on PIN 10 T41 I already had a green and blue wire which is in T73B PIN 17 - I did not cut it off, I added another wire to it)
(on PIN 36 there is a gray and white wire, I added a new wire to it)

LEGEND:
BCM plug T73B
T41 plug
Black socket next to the T10 ECU

After these maneuvers, I connected all the sockets and plugs in the ECU chamber. I put it all together and mounted the battery without connecting it.
Reassembled the shifters, put on the steering wheel and cushion (put it loosely without screwing it on).
I put the T73B plug together and connected it to the BCM.
After connecting the battery, I only had coding.

CODING:
You do coding at your own risk, it is best to familiarize yourself with the program and its possibilities before doing so. Clicking pointlessly can cause serious problems.

I only had to code items from my list:

ECU 01:
Byte 05 bit 5
BCM 09:
Byte 09 bit 3
Byte 15 bit 0
Byte 17 bit 2 (I turned it on and off, I didn't notice any specific changes - I don't think it adds anything)
Byte 17 bit 7
Byte 29 bit 6

Of course, after this post, each interested person performs such maneuvers at his own risk.
Each car has different equipment and a different installation, which results from the diagrams and the fact that with the BCM I changed the wires several times before everything started and the coding ended without errors.
During the work on BCM and coding by badly connected cables, e.g. power windows, mirrors, etc.
I did everything by trial and error until it started.

Thank you all.

Hi
I have my mfsw and a air bag loom ready to fit, Im just a bit unsure of the extra wires needed and there thickness I have got some wire but its very thin same size as that of the air bag loom as a comparison is this correct. 24awg & 22awg is the wire size and this is to run to the t10 under ecu and the bcm is this the correct size.
cheers

Hi
I'm currently put a mfsw on to my Van 2019 none ccs model I have it all in bits at this moment. I'm having an issue putting the repair wire in the T10-1 i just can't seem to get it to click in and stay the repair wire I'm using is
000 979 026 E (T10 connector end) i also have 000979151 wire set the crimp on the end is the same size it would seem the wire attached is different size.

Is there a tool to put it in with or a knack, or just got to push it I've tried more then a few times to make it fit and I'm aware it directional.
Can anyone please confirm the part no is correct I can also measure it to show the size.
Cheers Paul

Back