[Guide] How To Retrofit MFSW And Cruise Control To T6 Eu6 2019 Startline - Also Hacking DSG Paddles For CCS

Hi,

Below I thought I would try to summarise what I believe to be the current position of the vehicle:

EU6 2016 Startline - no factory cruise stalks or MFSW, CXHA 2.0 TDI with stop/start and adblue.

T6 compatible MFSW fitted with correct switch part 7EO959442.

Prep work:

GRA wire from pin1 ECU to pin 11 on stalk adapter

Pin 10 wire to BCM pin 36

Pin 9 to light switch for +12v

Blue white horn wire to missing wire on black connecter behind wheel so horn now uses LIN

Both brown earths merged for ground

Coding:

Standard CCS enabled in ECU (non-adaptive)

ECU01:

Byte 05, bit 5 to tell ECU CCS fitted

BCM09:

Set Byte 09, Bit 3 for MFSW fitted

Set Byte 15, Bit 0 for wireless phone

Set Byte 17, Bit 2 (not sure what this does)?

Set Byte 17, Bit 7 advise BCM CCS is fitted

Set Byte 29, Bit 6 to advise pin 36 for MFSW LIN Bus

Error:

25110 - Cruise Control System Switch (E45)

Error P0568 00 [039] - Implausible Signal

Issue:

Cruise system I assume disabled due to error - no error on MFD in dash, no option for cruise on MFD, no response from any cruise buttons.

Wheel builder assured all buttons including cruise tested before dispatch.

Troubleshooting:

- Cleared codes, recycled ignition
- Installation double checked
- Checked pin 45 on bcm for conflict (nothing installed on this pin anyway)
- VCDS shows all CCS buttons being pressed when checking live data

So I am at a loss as to where to go from here?

Any help or advise appreciated, as I’ve already spent over a small fortune on this single mod (including wheel etc) and cannot continue to throw money at it, but would love to get it working so I don’t have a bad ankle on every long journey

Any help would be really, really appreciated.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
@Pauly just a quick one, I notice you mention in a thread

In theory shouldn’t be too difficult if you know any required coding
The cruise cable from the engine bay will need to be rerouted from the stalk plug to the slip ring connector

Could you please expand on this?

Hi Robert, yes this was catered for by the following in my post:

Blue white horn wire to missing wire on black connecter behind wheel so horn now uses LIN

Seems to be something not quite right with mfsw communicating, but no clue

Many thanks.

Let me rephrase, was your horn working before MFSW installation and is it working now? Can you confirm these 2?

Correct, working before, then fitted mfsw, not working, so wire blue wire moved as required and working via LIN.

VCDS shows all CCS buttons being pressed when checking live data
Did you check the live data both in 01-Engine and 09-BCM?

Could you please verify/report (save into log) what the following live data (Adv.Meas.Values) are in 01-Engine when
(A) no buttons are pressed​
(B) press and hold Cruise Main O/I Switch​

IDE00355 Cruise Control System (CCS): status​
IDE06707 CCS Switch​
IDE06708-MAS14965 Cruise control switch actuation-Plausibility check of main switch​
IDE06708-MAS14967 Cruise control switch actuation-Operating error​
IDE06708-MAS14972 Cruise control switch actuation-Hardware signal main switch​
IDE06708-MAS14973 Cruise control switch actuation-Operating lever: Implausible coding​
IDE06708-MAS14975 Cruise control switch actuation-Main switch off via CAN​
IDE06708-MAS14976 Cruise control switch actuation-variance adapted successfully​
T6_MFSW_CCS_buttons_a.jpg

Thanks MMI.

The CCS buttons showed as functioning in the Advanced Measuring Blocks for both 01 ECU and 09 BCM.

Unfortunately I can’t do any more troubleshooting with ecu or coding until I find someone local with VCDS or perhaps obdeleven that are willing to assist as dav-tec pulled the info for me whilst up north and I am back home now and only have basic autec kit. I am currently trying to find access to a system locally.

Many thanks.

Hi @mmi I checked button functions in the ECU and BCM both show all the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel change status. Physically watched each button in the measuring blocks as I pressed each one. I've never come across this before. I'm wondering if the buttons are faulty but I'd like to be 100% certain before speaking to the wheel supplier

Hi @mmi I checked button functions in the ECU and BCM both show all the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel change status. Physically watched each button in the measuring blocks as I pressed each one. I've never come across this before. I'm wondering if the buttons are faulty but I'd like to be 100% certain before speaking to the wheel supplier
Thanks. Recently had a similar play with VCDS on a factory installed MFSW T6 (with normal cruise, DSG). The "measurement setup" above was inspired by the experiments as I noticed that pressing the Main Cruise Switch propagated to several of the mentioned "channels".

Set Byte 17, Bit 2 (not sure what this does)?
German VCDS states about Byte 17, Bit 2 = Cruise control on MFSW, "Geschwindigkeitsregelanlage (GRA) über Multifunktionslenkrad (MFL) verbaut"

Thanks guys, is there a cheaper tool I can use to troubleshoot this and report back findings? My attempts to find anyone local via the forum or FB groups etc has come to nothing, so I’m stuck unable to inspect unless I either fork out £200 or so on VCDS, or travel around the country forking out on diesel and diagnostic fees (neither of which are really an option :)).

Thanks. Recently had a similar play with VCDS on a factory installed MFSW T6 (with normal cruise, DSG). The "measurement setup" above was inspired by the experiments as I noticed that pressing the Main Cruise Switch propagated to several of the mentioned "channels".

German VCDS states about Byte 17, Bit 2 = Cruise control on MFSW, "Geschwindigkeitsregelanlage (GRA) über Multifunktionslenkrad (MFL) verbaut"
Ah ok. The cruise on/off button I could find and see working in the ECU but not the BCM not sure if that's right as like I said never had to delve this deep before as never had this problem with one before

Thanks guys, is there a cheaper tool I can use to troubleshoot this and report back findings? My attempts to find anyone local via the forum or FB groups etc has come to nothing, so I’m stuck unable to inspect unless I either fork out £200 or so on VCDS, or travel around the country forking out on diesel and diagnostic fees (neither of which are really an option :)).
@Loz is a very clever chap with VCDS and not too far from you…. maybe he could help (if he can)?

Just to add dav-tec is a top guy and helped out on a Sunday to fit and code the wheel, but it was late on a Sunday and we ran out of time to continue. Unfortunately he’s 3 hours each way from me, so its 60 on diesel, a bad ankle and an entire day out just to have a play on VCDS again

My quest to identify the issue and for cruise control continues though! Appreciate everyones help :)

The MFW is great, however, I’ve got a dodgy ankle, and its always painful to travel more than about an hour with my ankle at the same angle, so have to keep fiddling and putting my foot at weird and wonderful angles to stop it hurting, hence my fetish for cruise control lol

Cheers.

**EDIT**

Also found this thread:

Google translate does a decent job, but its a long-read! I only managed to get as far as page 11 last night :)

Last edited:
Just to add dav-tec is a top guy and helped out on a Sunday to fit and code the wheel, but it was late on a Sunday and we ran out of time to continue. Unfortunately he’s 3 hours each way from me, so its 60 on diesel, a bad ankle and an entire day out just to have a play on VCDS again

My quest to identify the issue and for cruise control continues though! Appreciate everyones help :)

The MFW is great, however, I’ve got a dodgy ankle, and its always painful to travel more than about an hour with my ankle at the same angle, so have to keep fiddling and putting my foot at weird and wonderful angles to stop it hurting, hence my fetish for cruise control lol

Cheers.

**EDIT**

Also found this thread:

Google translate does a decent job, but its a long-read! I only managed to get as far as page 11 last night :)
I'll have a read of this tonight mate. If we can get to the bottom of it worst case scenario I'll arrange to come down towards you I want to get to the bottom of whats causing it.

Ah ok. The cruise on/off button I could find and see working in the ECU but not the BCM not sure if that's right as like I said never had to delve this deep before as never had this problem with one before
Having read through the entirety of the German mfsw thread, it appears the GRA wire is a 12v on off to the ECU that varies from 8-12v normally and <1v when pressed, so may not show in the bcm at a guess? I assume it showing being off and on in the ECU means it is working though.

I can’t really find anything else as a hint. There are several people report signal implausible and faulty switch, but this appears to be related to wiring or coding.

One person left the brown/yellow horn wire @pin 11 and fitted GRA to pin 1 on ECU also to pin 11, the other simply cleared it and it went away. I note the clock spring loom in the original thread here states to ensure it has all 5 wires, the one Patrick sent did not, and you had to modify the blue horn wire by adding it to the connector, so I am not sure if the rest if the loom is Ok?

At a bit of a loss to be honest still.

Oh and merry xmas all, full of food and drink and slumped on the sofa trying troubleshoot / research this lol

Actually with that said, this guy is troubleshooting a switch issue but claims to see on off etc in 01 and 09.

So maybe the fact the ECU is registering the button as working (assume voltage changing as expected when pressed) but the BCM isn’t seeing it is throwing the error saying the switch is defective.

If that is the case, then why would the switch register in the ECU but not the BCM? Yet the others do

FC65E163-F61A-4A69-B51B-682AADA8C6D7.png

What post number you at I only got to 391 at the minute I've made some notes but not had chance to go through them yet.

Personally I'd expect the BCM to see signals to. ECU.needs to know when cruise is on and what speed etc. Bcm needs to know so it can send the messages to the instrument cluster to say CCS on and the speed so the cluster can turn on the correct signage surely?

It's frustrating and I want to get to the bottom of it. I've had another enquiry today about a wheel same age and spec as yours and I'm reluctant to do it until this is resolved.

The wiring must be ok as the wheel sends signals to the BCM and ECU. MFA and Audio buttons work and back illumination on the buttons work. This is done through LIN I'm 99% sure coding is spot on so still rattling my head with what's wrong

Back