I reckon you should all go back and get refunds, they've all been fitted backwards! :p
hi what roof is this it looks amazing? Is the van SWB or LWB?

thanks for the help guys, I’m really liking the loom of the Reimo roof. I want to fit it with rear elevation for sure. I don’t know whether or not to go for the super flat or easyfit? I want as much height as I can inside and it looks like the superflat has higher lift hinges than the easyfit? Its really difficult to make this out in images but the superflat certainly looks to have more internal height?

thanks for the help guys, I’m really liking the loom of the Reimo roof. I want to fit it with rear elevation for sure. I don’t know whether or not to go for the super flat or easyfit? I want as much height as I can inside and it looks like the superflat has higher lift hinges than the easyfit? Its really difficult to make this out in images but the superflat certainly looks to have more internal height?

This might be an obvious point but whether you want front or rear elevation completely depends on the internal layout of your van. Most classic side kitchen camper layouts go for front elevation (or the occasional side elevation!) whereas rear kitchen designs go for rear elevation. If it's not a camper, then I assume front elevation would be more popular as you get the height as you get into the side door or back from the front seats and the pop top bed is easier to access.

Reactions: DXX
This might be an obvious point but whether you want front or rear elevation completely depends on the internal layout of your van. Most classic side kitchen camper layouts go for front elevation (or the occasional side elevation!) whereas rear kitchen designs go for rear elevation. If it's not a camper, then I assume front elevation would be more popular as you get the height as you get into the side door or back from the front seats and the pop top bed is easier to access.

As a further point, you really need to go to a convertors and poke around some options, it's almost impossible to gauge what internal space is like from photos.

Reactions: DXX
It’s a SWB and the roof is made for Westfalia by Reimo. As mentioned above, the roof orientation suits the rear kitchen layout best as you’ll see if you look at my review thread that @Ads_Essex linked above. I would say though that I also have standing height as soon as I’m in the side door too and the poptop bed is no more difficult to reach than a rear hinged roof so that isn’t a factor.

The Reimo is brilliant in terms of quality,. Very consistent and robust, I have a superflat model and can walk front to back in a fully converted LWB with RIB 112 bed. I'm also 194/195CM tall. The van also has a roof bed.

Have looked at various other brands which have been over complicated in my opinion in terms of the latch mechanism... The two front roof straps are straight forward but do fray over time which is annoying!

Overall a brill roof with no problems if you look after it.

So I have decided to go for the Reimo roof. I have a fitter lined up to complete the install and is happy to fit which roof I go for. I’m having difficulty choosing between the superflat or Easyfit. It’s not the aesthetics I’m too bothered about I just want the most amount of head height in the van. I can’t get anywhere what the standing height of either roof is for the LWB in rear elevating anywhere!! Can anyone help????

Have you tried contacting Reimo, I would think they have the CAD drawings for the installation, surely they could provide a pdf?

Here going for Reimo as well (with the 'clicky' closing mechanism). Curious, normally february somewhere....

We use SCA, REIMO and Skyline. The straps are tried and tested so will do the job but the latches on the SCA are great and are actually at the edges rather than inner as per the straps. This in my opinion gives a stronger hold down. The SCA is the more robust form all of the roofs I have used due to the fibreglass thickness to the one piece strengthening frame, its just solid. All the ones I mention are TUV so will all do the job.

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: DEH
Shame alot can't manage roof bars and weight
Most can and some companies will specify a load capacity. The SCA for example will take 70kg and has pre manufactured slots in the roof for the bars. Its more the limit of the gas struts as many people expect to be able to lift a full roof rack load when the gas struts are designed for the roof only. I have seen some roofs where the fibreglass is so thin the roof sags so these are obviously not suitable.

Skyline say 80Kgs for max load on their roof. The roof bars are best fitted at time of roof installation as they can drill the required holes at the same time, the rear holes align with the hinge bolts if I recall correctly.

Reactions: DEH
I had a VanMax roof fitted which I love, pretty low and way cheaper than the Hi-Lo, also a guy I know fits hi-lo roof and he actually told me they aren’t worth the money for the quality. View attachment 85004View attachment 85005View attachment 85006View attachment 85007
Are you happy with your roof? It seems from your July thread that you're an early adopter for them; just in the sproces of choosing my next roof (had WestDubs on out T5.1) and we're really after a lower profile than west dubs; looks like Vanmax might hit the sweet spot.

Hows it holding up now? Really interested in one of these. I also wanted a slimline and looked at HiLo but not for £6k!
I’d also like to know! Not much online about vanmax roofs, but I’m just about to go ahead and book in for fitting at HVR conversions near Southampton.

Reactions: Rg_
Back