• Hilo with issues

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Hilo without issues

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

Eli

VIP Member
T6 Legend
So as I am part way through my conversion, I am now looking towards a pop top. Hilo is the preferred choice but it would be interesting to see what percentage have had issues against people who have not

I've just clicked "without Issues", but then I've bought mine, but not had it fitted yet. :rolleyes:

Would be interesting if we could differentiate between those that have had issues and couldn't get them resolved to their satisfaction, and those that have had issues resolved satisfactorily - if only because lots of people say that it's how an issue is dealt with that matters, rather than if an issue occurs.

Last edited:
So as I am part way through my conversion, I am now looking towards a pop top. Hilo is the preferred choice but it would be interesting to see what percentage have had issues against people who have not

You really should have a decent search of the forum, there's no shortage of HiLo discussion!

• Wow
Reactions: Eli
You really should have a decent search of the forum, there's no shortage of HiLo discussion!
Quite, but it's always those with issues that shout the loudest. How often do folks post about something they don't have an issue with?

Quite, but it's always those with issues that shout the loudest. How often do folks post about something they don't have an issue with?

Obviously, but that logic applies equally to all manufacturers of similar market share. Pick any other decent size pop top manufacturer and then see if there's any comparison at all to the number and consistency of posts on the sheer pain HiLo have caused in the camper community.

Given HiLo have folded, this is all academic though isn't it? You can't actually still buy a HiLo can you, other than those rebranded (Horizon??) ones?

Obviously, but that logic applies equally to all manufacturers of similar market share. Pick any other decent size pop top manufacturer and then see if there's any comparison at all to the number and consistency of posts on the sheer pain HiLo have caused in the camper community.
Or, as @Eli has chosen to do, you can ask everyone with a Hilo fitted whether they've had issues or not.

Reactions: Eli
Given HiLo have folded, this is all academic though isn't it? You can't actually still buy a HiLo can you, other than those rebranded (Horizon??) ones?
Obviously. :p

@Eli, if you had one fitted, who are you thinking of getting to install it for you?

I am aware Hilo have folded and I am also aware of what is the re
@Eli, if you had one fitted, who are you thinking of getting to install it for you?
Looking at Jaibow to fit it it, having done plenty of research. They said they won’t fit one until after the trails by VTA in December. But I will be looking at fitment in March.

Looking at Jaibow to fit it it, having done plenty of research. They said they won’t fit one until after the trails by VTA in December. But I will be looking at fitment in March.
I reckon you'll be in safe hands with Jason - he has an eye for detail, bordering on OCD. I only chose VTA over Jaibow because he couldn't offer me exactly the camper layout I wanted.

Last edited:
I’ve clicked with issues but I haven’t had any issues with the roof per se, only the fitting of it.

Just voted without issues. Mine is still pretty green though, so to speak. I must have been one of the last to have an original Hilo fitted before they turned the lights off...and it was VTA who did mine. Was the only roof I was interested in, and while I've only used it maybe a dozen times so far, all is well

Hi, I had a HiLo roof fitted 12 months ago and I had issues immediately. It was eventually sorted by HiLo and it is my understanding that they have now gone into administration, dreadful shame. It's all about the fitting!! it is a great product. Visontech Automotive are looking at something similar.

Hi, I had a HiLo roof fitted 12 months ago and I had issues immediately. It was eventually sorted by HiLo and it is my understanding that they have now gone into administration, dreadful shame. It's all about the fitting!! it is a great product. Visontech Automotive are looking at something similar.
VTA have introduced a limited number of fitters and are gone to have regular training sessions apparently

HiLo in administration and Visiontech are doing something similar? Thanks for the update, I don’t think this is public knowledge, if only there was a thread or three about this.

Back