Hilo Roof

To Hilo or Not

• Hilo with issues

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Hilo without issues

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters
HiLo in administration and Visiontech are doing something similar? Thanks for the update, I don’t think this is public knowledge, if only there was a thread or three about this.
Have a look at the Visontech Facebook page...there was a post on 26th September. I think someone posted it to the T6 Forum FB page too

Have a look at the Visontech Facebook page...there was a post on 26th September. I think someone posted it to the T6 Forum FB page too
Hi @Wiggers13 , welcome to the forum.

I think they are trying to tell you that the topic has been extensively covered over several years on the forum!

HiLo in administration and Visiontech are doing something similar? Thanks for the update, I don’t think this is public knowledge, if only there was a thread or three about this.
Harsh! Fricking funny, but still harsh! :rofl:

Hilo have gone into administration however surely any issues you would think the previous director has a moral duty to sort out any issues with anyones vans a simple Google search will put you in contact with hills manufacturers Ip precision in Preston I hope this helps anyone struggling to get there van fixed

Hilo have gone into administration however surely any issues you would think the previous director has a moral duty to sort out any issues with anyones vans a simple Google search will put you in contact with hills manufacturers Ip precision in Preston I hope this helps anyone struggling to get there van fixed
Given that the former directors of Hilo were barely constrained by legal obligation, the idea that they would act out of "moral duty" is utterly absurd.

Given that the former directors of Hilo were barely constrained by legal obligation, the idea that they would act out of "moral duty" is utterly absurd.
That is very true bev sadly not all people have the same moral compass however the director of ip percsion is the old director of Hilo

I'm a bit late to this conversation but I had what at the time was just a HiLo roof but later called the Sport, fitted by Wakefield Van Works in April 2018 including the scenic canvas, interior led lamps, polished hinges and colour coded exterior roof. Apart from a wet canvas on one corner during a particular heavy downpour have not had any issues with the roof or the fitting. I gave the canvas a good treatment with a waterproofing agent and it's been fine since, we're currently in the Outer Hebrides in a typical Scottish spring with pouring rain but am nice and dry inside.

Very late to the party, but in case it is of use to anyone. The vision tech roof is identical as far as I can see to the old hilo.
I have had a hilo roof in a long-wheelbase T6 for over five years. It gets a lot of use. Sometimes over 6 weeks of continuous use. Installed by revampavan. I had two problems, and both due to installation. Firstly they forgot to pack the space between the roof and the lining, which meant the roof bolts could not be tightened. They sorted it out. Next issue was water coming into the van when the roof was up. This was due to the fact that they had not sealed the space around the hole where the hand screws go.
Overall I am extremely happy with it. If I had to put another roof I would go for the same. It is fantastic. The height makes a massive difference. Also, I need the van to be below 2m as there are lots of parkings in Europe where I spend weeks which have 2 m height restrictions. I do not want to lower it as I off-road a bit. No other roof does this this well. No other roof has such a massive space. Roof up, panoramic canvas open and is just amazing. Worth every penny.
Conclusion, fantastic roof, but it is apparently very tricky to install so make sure your installer knows well what it is they are doing.

Revampavan haven’t fitted a HiLo roof for at least 4 years, maybe a smidge longer.

The owner told me they took too long to fit and were fiddly, he was fitting Austops and maybe one other brand instead from memory.

My new Frankenporter will have a HiLo/Horizon fitted, no doubt about it. :thumbsup:

Revampavan haven’t fitted a HiLo roof for at least 4 years, maybe a smidge longer.

The owner told me they took too long to fit and were fiddly, he was fitting Austops and maybe one other brand instead from memory.

My new Frankenporter will have a HiLo/Horizon fitted, no doubt about it. :thumbsup:
I think my roof may have been one of the last few ones they installed. They had to have it back twice. They were very nice about it, although I just asked them to fit the campervanparts.uk roof rails and they refused. They told me the roof is poor quality and they do not want to do it... Made me a bit angry, as the only issues I had were installation-related... But yes, my next van will get the same roof if still available. When you pop it up near a California you realise what an amazing difference there is. When you put it back down people think it is another van as they do not see there is a pop top. Also, lots of parkings in Europe will not allow camper vans. With the hilo roof down and curtains no body knows it is a camper...

Reactions: CAB
Visiontech Automotive now sell the HiLo under the new name . .

Horizon roofs.

they are also dealing with warranty claims/Issues from the HiLo days

1697044819466.png

Visiontech Automotive now sell the HiLo under the new name . .

Horizon roofs.

they are also dealing with warranty claims/Issues from the HiLo days

View attachment 216643
Yes, their product lives on (albeit with a couple of upgrades), but the "terrible company" are no more.

Back