I’d also like to know! Not much online about vanmax roofs, but I’m just about to go ahead and book in for fitting at HVR conversions near Southampton.

You only get one chance at cutting a hole in your roof, I’ve not heard much about Vanmax or HVR?

You only get one chance at cutting a hole in your roof, I’ve not heard much about Vanmax or HVR?
I can’t find ANYTHING negative written about vanmax. And since they stopped fitting at HQ, fitting is now at their dealer network. HVR are closest to me. If vanmax are good and not fitting at hq then they need to bet and accredit their dealers/fitters.
My precious conversion had a WestDubs pop top and I had no issues with that but want a lower profile roof for this conversion

I’d also like to know! Not much online about vanmax roofs, but I’m just about to go ahead and book in for fitting at HVR conversions near Southampton.
They just messaged me saying that HVR is closest to me. I've messaged HVR seeing when the nearest bookings are. I imagine there is quite a wait, there always seems to be with pop tops. Cant wait to get one.

Are you happy with your roof? It seems from your July thread that you're an early adopter for them; just in the sproces of choosing my next roof (had WestDubs on out T5.1) and we're really after a lower profile than west dubs; looks like Vanmax might hit the sweet spot.
I had a vanmax fitted in Sept. Myself and Tuffers were in conversation about our choices as I had been to vanmax hq and also to Halifax Camper Conversions.
I’d looked at other brands too and was more impressed with the vanmax. It’s pull tested also.
I love mine. Used it over Xmas a few times and it functioned great. There is zero wind noise-even if you take it up to 100 (which was the first thing I did when I collected it as a test) and I’ve had zero creaks or leaks-and it sits outside in the Yorkshire weather which has been apocalyptic recently.
But best of all it looks brilliant in my opinion.982D54A0-4C66-4EE3-8F31-A900831C76F1.jpeg0696EE7E-7F09-4BEA-8267-D8DCABA5761A.jpeg7EF8617F-CA87-4201-BE41-7D6C3A00D950.jpeg

Does anyone have any pics of the vanmax strengthening frame? Also, is it just the 2 straps at the front or are there also locking mechanism at the rear?

Does anyone have any pics of the vanmax strengthening frame? Also, is it just the 2 straps at the front or are there also locking mechanism at the rear?
Just the two straps at the front. I think that’s the norm. It’s just the Hilo that has the rear fastenings I think.

I had my heart set on a Hilo, but i've read so many bad things about them as a company i'm not sure i want to even give them my order. The Vanmax Poptops, Campervan Conversions looks like a nice options, but there are many others too.

Would you just go for Reimo Easyfit open sky or another brand?

Quick update as I collected my T6 from HVR today after having the Vanmax pop top fitted.
I'm 100% happy. Dean is great to deal with, spent quite a bot of time with me talking about trimming the roof inside (as I've elected to do that myself as and when I do the rest of the interior to match). He didn't need to do this and I'm very grateful.
Their premises are the best I've seen of any conversion company. New, clean, plenty of space and they seem to work on only a few vans at a time. The other vans under conversion were plastic-wrapped for protection etc. Really impressive.

@robmug glad you’re happy with it.
I’ve only used the top a few times but I’ve done plenty of miles in the van since fitting and it still runs silent. No creaks or wind noise or rattles.
I carpeted mine first but left 14 inches hanging down at the top for the fitter to use to continue the unbroken carpet line around the frame. So I guess that’s a good guide.
Mine goes up around the frame and over the metal part up to the actual canvas and is obviously trimmed off flush.
My only problem is some of the carpet on that edge has come unstuck and peeled back. No dramas as I’ll reglue it myself. But don’t be shy with the glue on that edge-the bed board and canvas rub against it when it raises and lowers.
Enjoy.

Hi all,
I have a LWB transporter Kombi T6 and am looking to get a Pop Roof fitted.
This looks to have been well covered here in the past but I’m looking for recent recommendations.

I want as much height out of the roof as possible on the LWB and am not too bothered about super low profile as I want to be able to try and keep bedding up in the roof as much as possible.
I’m happy to pay for something which give me height I’d even considered rear elevation to give us height in the back of the van for our rear kitchen set up.

I have looked at allthe options from SCA, Reimo (superflat and easyfit, really not sure which is best.
Really like the look of a the latches and don’t want to have the belted down variants if possible.
The super flat Reimo seems to have more height than the easyfit but which roof is best????
I had even seen a HiLo front elevating roof which is very tall and ticks the boxes, but the reviews I see on here are not great.

Does anyone have any suggestions????

I know this has been covered a thousand times but I struggle to get real world feedback on either of these brands.
Its a really confusing decision to make and a lot of outlay to realise I have got it wrong!! Any advice is appreciated.
HELP!!!

Hi,

I've just read your post, and you seemed to be in the exact position I am in now!

Out of interest, did you get a pop top fitted in the end? If so, which did you go for?

cheers

So I have decided to go for the Reimo roof. I have a fitter lined up to complete the install and is happy to fit which roof I go for. I’m having difficulty choosing between the superflat or Easyfit. It’s not the aesthetics I’m too bothered about I just want the most amount of head height in the van. I can’t get anywhere what the standing height of either roof is for the LWB in rear elevating anywhere!! Can anyone help????

Hi reading the height predicament in your message from last year. I wonder what you decided on. And where did you get it installed etc?

I had a vanmax fitted in Sept. Myself and Tuffers were in conversation about our choices as I had been to vanmax hq and also to Halifax Camper Conversions.
I’d looked at other brands too and was more impressed with the vanmax. It’s pull tested also.
I love mine. Used it over Xmas a few times and it functioned great. There is zero wind noise-even if you take it up to 100 (which was the first thing I did when I collected it as a test) and I’ve had zero creaks or leaks-and it sits outside in the Yorkshire weather which has been apocalyptic recently.
But best of all it looks brilliant in my opinion.View attachment 101029View attachment 101030View attachment 101031
But best of all it looks brilliant in my opinion.View attachment 101029View attachment 101030View attachment 101031
Hi B
Hi @Bigsidavies do you have any photos of the inside finishings of the roof please, looking through this thread at pop tops and its like a minefield, would like to see how they finish it off once the roof is in the closed position, many thanks, Bri..

Hi B

Hi @Bigsidavies do you have any photos of the inside finishings of the roof please, looking through this thread at pop tops and its like a minefield, would like to see how they finish it off once the roof is in the closed position, many thanks, Bri..
Do you want the inside of the van?
Roof up or roof down?
Or outside?
I’ll take a couple roof down inside and out, but roof up I’ll have to wait until it stops raining.

Hi B

Attachments

• BE389633-9E96-4591-9F2F-F46D0A187DDC.jpeg
    BE389633-9E96-4591-9F2F-F46D0A187DDC.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 9C78228C-DFD1-48CE-9A38-0491EE04DA34.jpeg
    9C78228C-DFD1-48CE-9A38-0491EE04DA34.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 149
  • EA287946-A27A-4938-BD24-CB3BF8DEC480.jpeg
    EA287946-A27A-4938-BD24-CB3BF8DEC480.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 187C11D8-F5E9-41F5-B4A8-CBFD7C457B83.jpeg
    187C11D8-F5E9-41F5-B4A8-CBFD7C457B83.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 489A82A4-94CB-4C11-8E85-7135894A82C0.jpeg
    489A82A4-94CB-4C11-8E85-7135894A82C0.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 157
Sorry they are not best quality. It’s really difficult to get the phone far enough away.
It’s basically a flat piece of board split into 3 (it’s bifold) and carpeted. Then there’s the additional front trim board that slides up to the tie down straps and hides all the canvas and crap and keeps noise out.

Back