I have factory roof rails on my van that can go on the pop top when its fitted, how will that work with the wind out Fiamma, or will that not fit with rails still on? Also need the awning rail fitted to the other side of the van as I have two sliders.
skyline will fit u rails m8 no prob

hi,
First post so hi to you all, we just got ourselves a T6 last week and have been to a guy to discuss getting it converted. He seems really good, had some good ideas on design and some of the vans we saw also looked very good.

We've been quoted for a Reimo pop top at £3600 (inc VAT) and i've seen quite a few options at less than this. Does that price seem fair for a Reimo pop top and are they really worth the extra expense over some of the other ones mentioned?

They said they have recently changed to being a Reimo fitter over another brand who they hadn't rated much of late (i don't recall what they were) but wondering if it there are savings to be had for a good quality product if i recommended a different option to him.
Hi, can i ask who you got the quote from? I have also been looking and have made my mind to go Reimo, however the prices I have been quoted are £4200 fitted + paint+mattress

What are people's thoughts on Westdubs pop tops? The converter I'm looking to use fits them (I've seen lots of his work, and its all very nice, so keen to use him if the pop top is good).

If your using an amazing converter then your probably be ok. My westdubs roof leaks like a seive because of poor fitting by westdubs themselves. Buy a bellows bungee and chuck the straps away, Mine leaked from the straps and the front scenic clips.
I would never go westdubs again but would buy either a skyline or reimo. A mate has reimo and loves it.

If your using an amazing converter then your probably be ok. My westdubs roof leaks like a seive because of poor fitting by westdubs themselves. Buy a bellows bungee and chuck the straps away, Mine leaked from the straps and the front scenic clips.
I would never go westdubs again but would buy either a skyline or reimo. A mate has reimo and loves it.
I have just come very close to buying a new conversion with a westdubs pop top for £31000. Thank god it sold before I gained a bit more education. Now the same company is pedalling a conversion for £44000 with the same roof! Decided to self build with a skyline roof.

Hi looking for some advise, wanting to convert my long wheel base T6 starting with a pop top question is which one? Would like a low profile that doesn’t really show and any recommendations on fitters if anyone can help?

Apparently Skyline are coming out with a new pop top called the 'Skylow' which is meant to be Low Profile. Looking forward to checking this out when it comes to market (apparently estimated Oct / Nov this year)

I had a VanMax roof fitted which I love, pretty low and way cheaper than the Hi-Lo, also a guy I know fits hi-lo roof and he actually told me they aren’t worth the money for the quality. 7CA61823-D2B9-4E4D-9D68-3BFD0170B340.jpeg13A170CB-9DF4-49D0-98BD-87DC9FA025B7.jpeg6C181F8F-6C0D-409B-AAAD-D72B23905272.jpegFD17FD61-B7D0-4B88-8842-8EE6637DF63C.jpeg

I’m sure everybody converting a van has asked this question, perhaps it should be re-worded as Best Value Pop-Top for a T6?
A few years ago I asked converters and did my own searching and it seemed to be SCA were favourite but an unreliable UK supply was an issue, Reimo were a very close second place.
I went with the Reimo, a previous comment that the roof is only as good as the installer is very true, however if you combine a mediocre roof with an installer having a bad day you have just de-valued your van.

I have factory roof rails on my van that can go on the pop top when its fitted, how will that work with the wind out Fiamma, or will that not fit with rails still on? Also need the awning rail fitted to the other side of the van as I have two sliders.
Are you fitting rails just for show as Austops aren't rated to carry weight unfortunately... I'm down for an Austops in January don't fancy paying double for the convenience such as a jerba roof

Hi all,
I have a LWB transporter Kombi T6 and am looking to get a Pop Roof fitted.
This looks to have been well covered here in the past but I’m looking for recent recommendations.

I want as much height out of the roof as possible on the LWB and am not too bothered about super low profile as I want to be able to try and keep bedding up in the roof as much as possible.
I’m happy to pay for something which give me height I’d even considered rear elevation to give us height in the back of the van for our rear kitchen set up.

I have looked at allthe options from SCA, Reimo (superflat and easyfit, really not sure which is best.
Really like the look of a the latches and don’t want to have the belted down variants if possible.
The super flat Reimo seems to have more height than the easyfit but which roof is best????
I had even seen a HiLo front elevating roof which is very tall and ticks the boxes, but the reviews I see on here are not great.

Does anyone have any suggestions????

I know this has been covered a thousand times but I struggle to get real world feedback on either of these brands.
Its a really confusing decision to make and a lot of outlay to realise I have got it wrong!! Any advice is appreciated.
HELP!!!

We have a Reimo Easyfit which is relatively high. You still couldn’t keep bedding up there though and still get the top properly down.

Quality is good on the Reimo Easyfit (providing the installer does it properly), I have a SWB with a basic foam mattress and solid bed board. You mention keeping the bedding in place, I’m pretty sure that isn’t possible on the Reimo. The basic mattress is thin (approx 20mm) and not that comfortable, I prefer to sleep down below.
I also queried the belt down securing but this is a pretty safe method, I’ve seen camlock and similar latches fail on boats and if that happens on a pop top roof it’s going to be disastrous.
Headroom is fine, we are both around 1.8m and no issues.
I suggest visiting a few converters and trying out the vans, generally there is a build in progress or a near finished van to look at.

Generally the height goes into more internal height, I don’t know if any pop top has a meaningful gap between the mattress and the roof?

Quality is good on the Reimo Easyfit (providing the installer does it properly), I have a SWB with a basic foam mattress and solid bed board. You mention keeping the bedding in place, I’m pretty sure that isn’t possible on the Reimo. The basic mattress is thin (approx 20mm) and not that comfortable, I prefer to sleep down below.
I also queried the belt down securing but this is a pretty safe method, I’ve seen camlock and similar latches fail on boats and if that happens on a pop top roof it’s going to be disastrous.
Headroom is fine, we are both around 1.8m and no issues.

Agree on the fixings. First I was slightly annoyed that ours had belt down fixings but now I appreciate it as they’re bombproof and it’s completely clear whether it’s secured or not. Same principle applies to everything else in our camper, practicality trumps looks every time.

Back