AdBlue Discussion and Issues

Report them to VWCV HQ, demand it gets sorted out as it is a widely known issue on E6 engines. Like you say, you haven’t bought an extended warranty just to put more money in their pockets.

And vwcv hq will applaud the dealer for doing their utmost to reduce warranty spend.

Record profits for VW despite dieselgate. Now how do you think they have achieved that?

Hardly your fault that they designed it so poorly that it takes a day to replace. And given what you paid for it, the quality of the engineering should be considerably better than it is.

I suspect that the engines are now having to operate in clean mode all the time which is stressing the emissions equipment beyond the design limits. Lots of EGR failures reported on vag vehicles after the software was patched.

I swerved the T6 this time round. When VW finally wake up and show some contrition - plus some product quality - I might come back.

Just bought 10 litres from Euro`s for around £ 10.60 delivered. Discount code weekend35
Bought a couple and screenwash etc, seems cheap enough when delivery is free

Filled up with Ad-blue for the first time.
With1200 miles to go, added 10 litres from a pump at our local garage, £6-50, now we have 5500 miles till the next fill up. Loads of great advice on this thread.

Isn't it odd how the mileage seems so random between top-ups? My regen also seems to have no set time that triggers it - but I'm coming to really dislike it when it does!!

Ok had my 1400 mile annoying reminder so filled it up, MFD says 5000 miles now but it wont go off the display, does it do this automatically or do you press some buttons to get rid of the message

I have a new t6 kombi t32 highline with 1250 miles on it driving last night on the m40 @70mph in cruise my adblue warning came up saying 650 miles left but starting the journey 1 hr before it read 4000 miles!
I stopped and when I started the van it's gone back to 4000 miles!! Is this a fault?

Hello and welcome!

Some useful info in this thread:- Adblue query

People do report some quite large swings in their adblue's reported range as a result of driving style, type of journey, sloshing around in tank, etc.., but, in your case, the 4000 miles would suggest well over half a tank left whereas the 650, down to the last couple of litres. Probably nothing but, if it happens again, I'd get it in to be checked.

Seem to remember someone a while back having this problem and it turned out to be a dodgy level sensor which was replaced.

I dont even know what adblue is but down depot theres loads of guys with merc vitos and massive 5 gallon barrels of ad blue frequently walking around filling up all the time. Its just water isnt it in a barrel with adblu on?! xD

Hi Guys (and girls)

Only bought my T6 today and I’m a bit confused with something, when I left the showroom it said AdBlue Range 60,000. After traveling almost 400 miles from one end of England to the other... it still says 60,000, is this right orrrr?

Thanks

60000?

Ours has shown 4000 from new.

1500 miles later it's shows this....

20180627_060633.jpg

It m
Hi Guys (and girls)

Only bought my T6 today and I’m a bit confused with something, when I left the showroom it said AdBlue Range 60,000. After traveling almost 400 miles from one end of England to the other... it still says 60,000, is this right orrrr?

Thanks

Wow that's a lot!!!! Are you sure it's not 6000.... It doesn't go down like a trip clock. It's a rough indication of how many miles you have left in your adblue tank. Mine took ages to drop down and have only just refilled after about 5500 miles run in mine. :thumbsup:

I drops in large increments so it’s not unusual to see what yours is doing (may also have been overfilled to start with)

It was 6000, my mistake. Was very late when I posted this lol

It’s strange that it goes down in increments, but glad to hear mines not broken. Will it warn me when it gets low though? Last thing I wana do is run out on the motorway!

Thanks again

It was 6000, my mistake. Was very late when I posted this lol

It’s strange that it goes down in increments, but glad to hear mines not broken. Will it warn me when it gets low though? Last thing I wana do is run out on the motorway!

Thanks again
IIRC it drops in 500 mile increments. Will it warn you when it gets low? Oh don't worry it will warn you :D

IIRC it drops in 500 mile increments. Will it warn you when it gets low? Oh don't worry it will warn you :D

Legend, thank you. And yeah I heard about the whole van refusing to start malarky when it's low. That's what I was worried about haha

Thanks Again

Legend, thank you. And yeah I heard about the whole van refusing to start malarky when it's low. That's what I was worried about haha

Thanks Again
No it’s not the refusing to start I’m referring to, once it gets below about 1500 miles to go it bombards you with warnings constantly so you’ll never get as far as running out. I believe at 200 miles to go a fist comes out the steering wheel and knocks two of your teeth out :D

No it’s not the refusing to start I’m referring to, once it gets below about 1500 miles to go it bombards you with warnings constantly so you’ll never get as far as running out. I believe at 200 miles to go a fist comes out the steering wheel and knocks two of your teeth out :D

Haha that’s not too bad, I’m kind of used to that. I had a Vauxhall Astra GTC before this, and it used to “ding” constantly when the washer fluid was low and wouldn’t stop until you filled it!

Back