AdBlue Discussion and Issues

Odd ?? .... my MFD display said 3500 miles to go on remaining AdBlue. So thought I'd fill it up before setting off.

Filled it up and MFD still says 3500 miles !? :confused::confused:

Tesco's are selling it in 10L containers for £10 if you buy two you get a third free. sorry if already stated in previous posts but at this time of the morning I'm not reading it all :sleep:

Ok so have this error even after my vans erg valve has been replayed by a main dealer after 6000miles.

OBDeleven scan finds this error and can be cleaned but after a short drive returns.

any ideas guys?

main dealer says;
Then I would say that all control units on the vehicle are working correctly and talking correctly with each other.
If no engine lights are on the vehicle, the systems are working as they should be.
The entry P046C has no relevance on its own and can be ignored.

thoughts?

That's pretty much what the dealer said to me.
The senior service tech told me, that if my van had been a caddy they would've replaced the egr valve, but on the T6 it's a big job so they won't, not sure why and he even questioned it with the van having a 5 year warranty!

so after replacing the erg valve im finally getting some decent mpg figures!

van feels decent power wise smooth pull through the revs ect no issues, still have the error while a full scan of the van via obdport, but no lights on dash.

Hey everyone . I have recently bought my 2016 t6 only just last week from a private owner and I was asking questions about the adblue and his words to me was the stuff hardly gets used ,I thought he was just saying that to sell the van so I have bought a 10l barral just incase ,now it came with 5500 miles left and I gave since done around mibi 400 miles give or take mixed driving with mostly b roads and the odd overtake and it still showing 5500 miles lol . Should I be worried ? .no lights on dash but I am going to get it checked for codes , has eny one else experiencing this , if there is a post on this as well that I haven't found then can you post a like please ,thanks

I need to read before I post , if there is a link for same problem can someone post it please and not hit the like button lol

I wouldn’t worry that’s normal, it drops in fits and spurts but it does drop in large segments and doesn’t count down
Just monitor it for a couple thousand miles and it will steadily go down, just don’t let it run out and don’t overfill it !!

Mines just come out of nowhere .... didn’t have these problems with the four previous Audi’s haha

Mine came on on Monday. Tooped tank up but still on. In for early service on Wednesday and ERG cleaning. Dealer said they have a a few do this including their own courtesy van.

Not sire about details but they said they have some new equto clean it out with.

I did try to clean faults with Carista but this did not work. 7978263A-197F-41E4-9542-A5B101571FAA.png

Update. Having dropped to reading 550 mile before engine start won’t be possible today its all back to normal and showing 6000 miles with no more falshing amber warning and horrible alarm noise when started.

Will call VW on Monday and see if they still think it needs to go in for EGR cleaning.

20’500 miles. Fault with warning about filling ad-blu tank that had got down to 550 miles has cleared itself and is now saying 6000 miles. Dealer still wants to have it in as they have been getting enough issues that they want to check it and also the last regeneration was only 86 miles since its last.

Has anyone had a confirmed fix for this fault? I have a 2017 T32 transporter which came up with the dreaded adblue fault on the drive home from purchase the vans done 13000 miles. The van is with VW since Friday and so far they seem unable/uninterested in fixing it.

Problem Fixed!!!
and the fix was..............................

Full refund of 15K + VAT from the trader. To be honest I'm gutted as I really liked the van and the way it drove. I feel sorry for the trader as he was a thoroughly decent guy just trying to make a living same as me. He's now stuck with this dog of a vehicle and at the mercy of a manufacturer who couldn't give a s*** about their customers. The vans still at the dealers surrounded by lots of other Transporters waiting for repair, one even turned up on a low loader while I was emptying my belongings from mine.

Good luck to anyone dealing with similar issues.

Any adblue pumps in Cornwall?! I’ve just got to Newquay for the week, and don’t want to use a container from Morrison’s

The exact same thing has just happened to my van on a 400 mile journey. I had 2000 miles left on the range, at the beginning of the journey. Then I got an adblue error and it said I only had 650 miles left. After a few miles the warning disappeared and I went back to my 2000 mile range. This seemed to happen intermittently about 4 times over the journey.
And now my engine maganment light is on!

I have VCDS and will run a diagnostics but just rang VW assist and told them to get a unit out tomorrow morning.

Really fed up with all this emissions rubbish on my van.

Back