Engine and DSG Remap plus adblue delete and EGR advice wanted

no apology needed this is the exact type of real life experiences I was after

my issue is that VW can't diagnose or find let alone fix the intermittent SCR fault even though the van drives fine. Now asking me to give them a blank cheque to start taking the engine etc to bits starting with £500 to look in the inlet manifold with a borescope. Mine is a 150. Seems extreme and when they started talking new engine I started getting worried not that I believe for one minute it needs one but the amount I will end up paying them to decide whether it does or doesn't. In spite of all of this they seem to be reluctant to start with the "bleeding Obvious", an intermittent fault with the adblue system and work from there, I genuinely think, as things stand, they will not get to the bottom of the fault with the proposed methodology hence why I am looking at a PLAN B albeit probably not my preferred option at this stage but could be into the dealer for thousands if not careful and anything they discover that is not faulty I will have to cover the cost of them confirming that to be the case which is mental!

If it was me I would start by replacing the adblue control unit and pump but they can't do this under warranty unless they can prove these parts are faulty which they will never do under the TPI test protocol they adopt. We will go round in endless circles without a fix. it must of cost over £2k already in call outs and dealer time

I am hoping for escalation to some clever techs at VWHQ. I am also aware from this forum and other social media that these fault codes and this scenario has happened to others but no one has updated their post with a solution. Even the dealer stated they had a similar Van issue as mine only two stages behind me.
Hi mate as per our conversation I'm convinced it's the AdBlue unit that's died. Why VW can't diagnose this is beyond me but at the same time I'm not surprised. We regularly get jobs in now where the dealer can't fix it or we end up doing the diagnostics for a mechanic to then repair.

You know where we are if you need us buddy

Hi mate as per our conversation I'm convinced it's the AdBlue unit that's died. Why VW can't diagnose this is beyond me but at the same time I'm not surprised. We regularly get jobs in now where the dealer can't fix it or we end up doing the diagnostics for a mechanic to then repair.

You know where we are if you need us buddy
Thanks Chris no doubt be in touch. You were a great reassurance. I agree its ridiculous. Also looks like I am not alone.

Will chat more about remaps once I have finished with VW Complaint.

Hi all after some help my Addblue ranges says 6500 miles left and I am a bit concerned as I have done 4500 miles in the van and it still shows 6500 miles left on the range .
Should I be concerned that it’s not moving or could it be broken and it’s damaging my van by running it if it’s not using Addblue.
If anyone could advise that be great .

Hi all after some help my Addblue ranges says 6500 miles left and I am a bit concerned as I have done 4500 miles in the van and it still shows 6500 miles left on the range .
Should I be concerned that it’s not moving or could it be broken and it’s damaging my van by running it if it’s not using Addblue.
If anyone could advise that be great .

Adblue is injected into the exhaust so won't be damaging anything. Mine did the same and sat at 6500 until one day it flashed up 650 miles until no start.

Thank you for the reply and will keep an eye on it .
How do you know if it’s been deleted the Addblue.
Is they anywhere you can check yourself with a reader if it’s been delete out ?

Thank you for the reply and will keep an eye on it .
How do you know if it’s been deleted the Addblue.
Is they anywhere you can check yourself with a reader if it’s been delete out ?

I believe either Adblue range wont be visible or next to Adblue will be ---

Will just keep eye on it but you think after so many miles it would drop but let’s see on it goes
Thank you

Back