Egr and overboost faults. Will dealer fix?

109LWB

VIP Member
T6 Pro
So I bought my van on the 27th August from a big used van dealer.
I've had a few small niggles that I've just sorted myself, after all it's a 2016 van and will have some, however recently I've been getting the EML light on after a long drive and the egr flow insufficient and overboost codes. I've reset them multiple times and they keep reappearing.

Now when I bought the van, I declined the extended warranty but I was told it had a 3 month one included..

What's the chances the dealer replaces the egr and cooler under this warranty?

If not, I'll have to go down the sale of goods act route, which I'd rather not do, but Im not shelling out £1k for a new egr system less than a month after buying the vehicle.

If they do replace it all, would I be better off blanking it straight away to avoid this happening again. I've blanked or removed the egr on all my last 5-6 vehicles but it looks a bit more involved on the T6.
On my Nissan Navara I just put a plate in-between the pipe and valve with a small hole in it to allow enough through to keep the sensor happy and not throw a EML, but block enough to stop causing issues. Has anyone done this on the T6?

Im planning on getting a remap soon, do the main tuners also remove the egr from the ECU when requested? I know they can't advertise that but if anyone has had it done by say Pendle, Revo or Dav Tec I'd be interested to hear, privately of course.

So to follow on from the above post…. long story short, if you’re having any EGR or ADBLUE faults/issues, or you simply want a quality custom remap, you could do far worse than to get in touch with Chris @Dav-Tec

However if you like more of a long story…. head over here….

Back