Amber EML issues

Go58

I have read through the posts on Carista etc. So please bear with me. This is our first VW Transporter Campervan, a brand new ( registered January this year) T28 Panel Van Highline SWB 150 campervan conversion.
The EML light first came on May. Amber only while driving. Waited six weeks to get it into the local agent. In the meantime whilst filling up, I found the adblue cap loose and tightened it. Light disappeared, but I still took it into the dealers. Their investigation showed faults for the reducing agent pressure and exhaust flap errors, further diagnostics showed nothing.
Just two weeks after getting the vehicle back, EML light remained on after switching the ignition on and after starting. Called VW assist - They found error code PO48C00 - Charge pressure actuator coming on before the engine started. Advised us not to drive long distances and to take it to the dealers. Next slot not available until end of September. (The same for my next nearest dealer). So since buying in January our vehicle has been sitting at home for 15 weeks, and unable?? to be used on our planned trips to holland and Ireland. I am not impressed.
My past experience with engines comes from a time when a screwdriver, adjustable spanner, pair of pliers, feeler gauge, spare wire, hoses, fluids, and a good ear was all you needed to find and fix most faults, and an avid interest in old landrovers. So I am a complete modern sensor EMG novice, in need of advice about how far I can ignore certain warnings and the tools I can use to identify faults
In short I need to know:-
1. How far can I go with an amber EML light on? and Will it affect the warranty?
2. Will things like Carista give me info that I can understand clearly enough to identify the cause of a fault, and therefore be able to decide whether or not it is likely to become fatal?
3. Any links you think would help me get the basics.
Thanks in advance.

Sorry no obvious answer for Go58 but I know, no one will ever say ignore the warning light!
I have my own 'Deep joy' moment too; having been away for the week and only covering some 450 miles I returned yesterday from Wales (190 mile journey) & very happy with the performance of my T28 Transporter LWB (6.1 - 5 speed 110 bhp manual) Camper Conversion (Camperking). Now with a grand total of 1300 miles, I've just started it up to move it onto the drive and I've now got the amber EML (not flashing) on. Manual indicates emissions: Oh the benefit of buying a brand new vehicle (not!) and the not so impressive VW support I'll now have to navigate? Never used for short journeys and only 'branded' diesel used. Interested on any views out there on the issue of this warning light?

Thanks Nigel901. Nice to know I am not alone. The latest from me is that having moved her from our parking space (which is on a slope) to outside our house for a night, the next day the EML light remained amber until I started the engine up when it went out and has not reappeared. I still will not be taking it far until the local agent has looked at it at the end of September. Like you I am less than impressed with the VW support.

Wrote a post to update and didn't send!
After an 8 hour gap, I started the engine and the EML light extinguished - leaving me very happy but confused at the same time. No reason whatsoever for it to have come on (in my view) but will get it checked, slow time to make sure.
I'm sure they illuminate to test our resilience and patience; after all there's little the dealerships appear to be able do within any reasonable time frame and we have purchased a premium product - apparently?
Glad you're hopefully sorted too.

Back