AdBlue Discussion and Issues

I bought a 20 litre container, I laid it on a stool I have knocking about which is about the same height as the filler and put the nozzle into the filler hole, I made a small hole in the top of the 20 litre container and it pours in quickly

I bought a 20 litre container, I laid it on a stool I have knocking about which is about the same height as the filler and put the nozzle into the filler hole, I made a small hole in the top of the 20 litre container and it pours in quickly
You should really use a vw filling hose that extends down the neck so that you dont over fill it..

How much did you get, out of interest?

was speaking to service guy in dealers today, he mentioned that someone had filled adblue into diesel or other way about, either way, he said they could not clean the fuel lines, it kept frothing up,

he also told me that the adblue has a sell by date, didnt know that

I just let it fill right up, as soon as it's full it stopped going in, not much spilled and it's mostly water anyway. About 12 litres went in on top of the stuff that was in the when the warning came on. I'm doing a lot of miles so mine doesn't have chancev to go off as I'm using it in the tranny as well

was speaking to service guy in dealers today, he mentioned that someone had filled adblue into diesel or other way about, either way, he said they could not clean the fuel lines, it kept frothing up,

he also told me that the adblue has a sell by date, didnt know that

Probably be adblue in the diesel as the hole is bigger, the tranny has a fool proof device on the filler that won't let anything go in and pour liquid smaller than the diesel nozzle thankfully

Just downloaded adblue filling station app I live in a void. Peak District / Sheffield nothing there. Hopefully more will come online.

I looked in our local shell garage and they sell it so would think most shell garage do. Not sure of size only noticed the sign that they sell it and it was £9-99 as i was driving off forecourt .

Mine went from 5000 to 4500 to 650 miles in one 110 mile journey! Bag of rubbish... I’m putting it in the garage to see what the crack is...
I had the same problem last week. Spent 2 day in VW garage to be told the sensor needed resetting. Doesn't fill me with confidence but the problem does appear to have gone away for now.

Driving back from Oxford on Saturday and hit heavy traffic north of Birmingham, engine management light came on, only 600 miles on the clock. I know I probably shouldn't have but I drove it home to Wirral. On Monday I got a VW technician out to look at it; apparently, the fault was due to an interruption in the middle of AdBlu calibration caused by hitting the slow traffic whilst it was calibrating. He also told me never to put more than 8 litres in the AdBlue tank, more than that fills up at filler neck (as mentioned above) and the level detector gets fooled.

Driving back from Oxford on Saturday and hit heavy traffic north of Birmingham, engine management light came on, only 600 miles on the clock. I know I probably shouldn't have but I drove it home to Wirral. On Monday I got a VW technician out to look at it; apparently, the fault was due to an interruption in the middle of AdBlu calibration caused by hitting the slow traffic whilst it was calibrating. He also told me never to put more than 8 litres in the AdBlue tank, more than that fills up at filler neck (as mentioned above) and the level detector gets fooled.

Had a similar issue last week. VW tech came out (Paul, he was brilliant) said there was a known fault and a software upgrade is being written at the moment should be available in two weeks from dealers. VW have changed the type of level sensor in the adblu tank and it’s throwing the fault. Seemingly only the newest vans are affected.

I have put 10 litres in mine twice, never had a problem.. so that might be BS.?

It may be useful to know....adblue is also sold at many agricultural merchants. I pay £9 for 10ltrs In a handy filler. When I’m down to 1000 miles it takes the lot no problem.
For anyone in Shropshire try TFM in Bridgnorth.
Ps life is too short to glug adblue into a tiny hole at such a slow rate but what can you do ay?

I had the same problem last week. Spent 2 day in VW garage to be told the sensor needed resetting. Doesn't fill me with confidence but the problem does appear to have gone away for now.
Mine has been reset and they’ve done a software update... sensor has been reading 6,000 for the last 700 miles... crap VW sensor!

Mine has now been in 3 times in last 3 week. Have had a new sensor, software updates and more recently a complete system test. Costing me a fortune in time, mileage and fuel.

Back