AdBlue Discussion and Issues

I just ordered from CarParts for Less at £ 10.44 for 10ltrs too. Halfords are selling for £ 14 or 15 I think.

Most annoying thing for me is that the warning bong started when I still had 1500miles left! Its now at 550 miles and the warnings are getting more annoying! I'm going to put some in early just to stop the bloomin warnings!

Im on 600 left and an annoying orange warning keeps popping up ha

I had a bit of luck with mine - whilst waiting for the AdBlue to arrive I popped into my local BP garage....who've got an AdBlue pump! 12 litres for £ 9 I think....bargain!

Only mystery is that the original 12 litres latest around 7500 miles from new, but after putting the new lot in it said I only have 4500 miles???

Same with me 7500 first tank, 3000 miles second tank - same journeys at the same speed.

EF54E519-F48C-47CB-A075-2C544A7DD579.jpeg Not sure if anyone has had this error yet, but this has just popped up when literally seconds ago it was showing 4K, note the min and max levels! It had 12.14 litres added at 26477

Currently sat in the dealers waiting for a diagnosis/fix!

I’ll update once I have an answer!

That is odd, might be a faulty sensor. Are you going to try and put some in? remember to leave the ignition on for 30 seconds before starting when you do.

No I’m leaving to the dealers, from my limited research, this fault has been recorded on some Audi’s, the repair ranged from new pump or injector through to a software glitch or sensor.

First thing the dealers said is “we’ll put some more in” while that will fill the tank up, it won’t take away the fact the warning come up seconds after showing 4000 miles range.

I’ve kept a log of the Adblue fills and mileage, which has been so far:
4295 miles 9.61litres
9393 miles 11.93 litres
16114 miles 12.93 litres
21490 miles 9.15 litres
26477 miles 12.14 litres

So this clearly a warning out of the Adblue :(

Code P046c (EGR Related) was showing, their solution was to clear it, "That's all Sir, hopefully it won't come back on"

Lets hope they're right, otherwise they'll wish i'd bought a Ford instead :mad:

Just quoted this message from December, I’ve just spoken to the tech and this code is still there but it won’t trigger the warning light like before, apparently he’s been told he can’t do any work on the van to clear this code for good, due to the amount of work involved! If it was caddy they would do it as it’s not as big of a job!
Think I’ll need to dig a bit deeper into this!

Btw this isn’t directly related to the fault in the original post. They’re doing an efficiency test for that, in the hope it clears the issue!

Can’t see me buying another VW at this rate, despite being the best van I’ve had since 1998, it has also been the most unreliable

I had this warning come up all the time on my first kombi, spent 9 weeks at the dealers in the first 9 months of ownership, lost my temper in the end and demanded a replacement vehicle.
The second kombi has apart from an engine light for a couple of miles been fine, doubt there give you a replacement with near 30k on the clock but hopefully they have worked out how to fix there products by now!

I wish that was the case M-dog, instead they’ve more or less “turned the light off” as it says on the warranty sheet!
Glad I got a 5 year 150k warranty on this van, you can rest assured it will be going before I reach either of those landmarks!

View attachment 19529 Not sure if anyone has had this error yet, but this has just popped up when literally seconds ago it was showing 4K, note the min and max levels! It had 12.14 litres added at 26477

Currently sat in the dealers waiting for a diagnosis/fix!

I’ll update once I have an answer!

Had the same thing happen to me last year, VW didn’t have a clue in my opinion. Said no fault code popped up. Engine management light came on also.

Wasn’t impressed

From what i can tell and the conversation i had with the tech (Relating to the existing code P046C, and not this adblue issue) my van needs a new EGR valve, but it's a big job and the service manager wouldn't allow him to carry out the repair! So once Easters over i'm off to another dealer for a 2nd opinion, what good is a warranty if they won't carry out the repairs :mad:

If there's anyone local to Sheffield with VCDS who wouldn't mind plugging in and checking if this code is still there it would be appreciated, obviously beer tokens would be forth coming :thumbsup:

My Touareg went in for an unrelated test and during the full scan with theirVAS kit they discovered an EGR fault that was not shown on vcds, in order to get approval for the warranty work as it is a £1200 job the full output had to be sent to VW for their okay. It was approved and done but 8 hours plus parts..

Last edited:
The tech said it was full day job on the T6, the VW approval etc could explain why they're reluctant to do it, but now i know about it they'll do it sooner or later as they'll get fed up of me in the workshop :D
Tech said he'd do it, but they wouldn't allow him, he asked why considering it's got a 5 year 150k warranty, but i'm not sure what the answer was other than no!

The tech said it was full day job on the T6, the VW approval etc could explain why they're reluctant to do it, but now i know about it they'll do it sooner or later as they'll get fed up of me in the workshop :D
Tech said he'd do it, but they wouldn't allow him, he asked why considering it's got a 5 year 150k warranty, but i'm not sure what the answer was other than no!
Report them to VWCV HQ, demand it gets sorted out as it is a widely known issue on E6 engines. Like you say, you haven’t bought an extended warranty just to put more money in their pockets.

Back