AdBlue Discussion and Issues

Iv filled it up twice since new done just over 5k
As soon as it bleeps at me iv topped it up straight away

Iv filled it up twice since new done just over 5k
As soon as it bleeps at me iv topped it up straight away
Ah right, so they're not full tanks. Still a heck of a difference between long and short journeys though.

So that shows there is a massive difference between long and short journeys, although, the same can be said for fuel economy.

I've filled mine to the top and it shows 6500. I can do around 5000 on 10 litres. I normally get the warning come up around 1500.

Im on 4500 miles and it says 3000 left. At this rate I will hit 12000 miles before it runs out lol

I remember getting 7500 of Adblue miles. Handy as I do 75,000.000.000.01 miles each day.

Edit: I don’t over exaggerate...

Done 5200 from new, so assume full tank, and MFD now telling me 900 miles left - majority of miles on motorways and A roads at/below speed limits.

Done 5200 from new, so assume full tank, and MFD now telling me 900 miles left - majority of miles on motorways and A roads at/below speed limits.
That's pretty much exactly in line with mine, filled up at 5800 when it said 300 miles left.

Mine was on around 1500 miles left after doing 4000 miles, then I towed the caravan home and it glugged its way down to 1100 miles left when I got home from Wales.. Seems to like to dink it when towing

Had mine topped up this morning at Listers Coventry - as above, down to 900 miles so I assume it must have required around 10 litres - no charge for labour on Adblue (I don't know if this is a VW or Listers policy) so total charge of £13.03 which included a visual inspection and video of it up on the ramps, complimentary clean and vacuum. Works out at around £1.25 per litre - sure you can get it cheaper but it keeps my hands clear of pig pee and it removes any ambiguity further down the line such as problems potentially caused by contaminated Adblue, etc.. No brainer what I will be doing next time!!

Edit: meant to say the complimentary clean was probably down to them doing some recall work (23 U8?? - software upgrade for the EGR problem I think) whilst they had the van and it taking a bit longer than expected when I booked it in.

@Mbr_tattoist, look just underneath your normal diesel cap, if there is another one, you have a Euro 6, and that second cap is where your adblue gets poured (obviously once you’ve taken the cap off it first :D).

Yep had a look it’s not got a cap, so I don’t need to Adblue
That then means it’s a Bluemotion just with Stop/start ?

Back