Recommended Window Suppliers

• Total voters
I cut and installed my own windows, using the Camper Glass Sliders.

Good quality and fit, no leaks at all.

You will only get leaks, if you don't seal them correctly and block the drain holes.

Hi folks

I am about to buy some windows for my T6. I was going to get them from Kiravans but then I started to have a look around at other stockists. In addition to the ‘Kiravan’ Windows I have also found ones from ‘Camper Glass’ and ‘Vee Dub Transporters’. They are all coming out at more or less the same price with the same level of tint etc Does anyone have any advice on which ones are the best to buy or which ones to avoid?

Thanks

There’s a reasonable variation in prices and quality. Buy cheap and the glass radii can be way out compared to the van’s. The height of the front and rear windows can also vary, making lining them up difficult... wavy glass!
I’ve used Camper glass and VGC and both have quality products. A mate bought from Kiravans and they’re OK.
The general privacy / limo glass used in campers is darker than VW glass I believe.

I too bought mine from the Vehicle Glass Company - who make the flush-fit sliders - and am happy with them.

Hi all
I'm shortly going to be buying Windows for the t6, any recommendations on where to buy,
Kirivans do all the windows, just wondering if anyone has Kirivan windows fitted, if so what are they like? Thanks in advance

@VGC Ltd - do you still supply the flush sliding windows? The rest of my windows are from a different supplier, 82% privacy I believe. Will there be any issues with matching?

Hi. Matching the tint isn't the biggest issue. It usually evolves around sizes. Windows tend to fluctuate from one manufacturer to another, by 1-2mm.

However, most can 'lose' this by evening out the install.

It's a small detail, but worth noting.

If you email sales@vgclimited.co.uk an image of the whole side of the van, and maybe the trademark as well, we can assist :)

I apologise if this question has been asked 100 times, however I'm hoping I could have a few questions answered!

We have a swb panel van t6 with barn doors.

Have been looking around the Manchester area for fitting for windows in barn door and one one the non door side with a sliding window.

When discussing with people they have mentioned "the barn windows aren't heated" - is this for defrosting etc? Is there pros and cons for this?

In my head we get windows fitted (I don't trust myself) and jobs a good one. Are there things I need to consider which I'm naively forgetting?

You need to think about how tinted you want the windows. Also if to get opening ones in the slider and opposite window. Then if opening if to get flush fit or not.

You need to think about how tinted you want the windows. Also if to get opening ones in the slider and opposite window. Then if opening if to get flush fit or not.

Ok, thank you - just been looking though your transformation thread. Would you recc windows at each side? Do you have any recommendations for fitters around north west?

I’d also say it depends on your proposed use for the van. I’ve got a camper and the one sliding window on the kitchen side works for us, but we have the roof vents in the poptop and front wind deflectors which allow some ventilation when parked, plus I have a tailgate standoff spacer allowing some additional ventilation.

Ok, thank you - just been looking though your transformation thread. Would you recc windows at each side? Do you have any recommendations for fitters around north west?
As said above depends on your use. I have 1 window either side of the van in the panels behind the front doors and one in the tailgate. I left the others metal for some privacy. Others prefer more light and have more windows.
I decided I wasn’t going to be doing cooking in my van so decided didn’t need additional opening windows as well as the driver and passenger doors.
I had my windows glazed at LeisureDrive near Bolton was happy with the work. and I believe AJC conversions are good near glossop.

We had windows fitted to our barn doors. We haven't missed heated rear screens or wipers.
I keep a full size squeegee to clear windows (inside and out).

Thank you everyone, just started getting around to conversion now - and there are SO many decisions and learning curves. Still undecided about cooking in the van, tempted to have a top that slides out to pop a stove on outside the van. However need to check what constitutes as a stove for the dvla and changing the van to a camper.

The guidelines for windows when converting to a camper say 3 windows not "2 or more windows on at least one side of the main body (this does not include windows on the driver or passenger doors) to provide a reasonable amount of daylight into the living accommodation"

As for DVLA and campers, they’ve stopped reclassifying unless certain strict criteria are met. Worth a read of this thread.

Back