Time to choose windows.

Choice of window options for the slider and opposite.

• 2 opening windows, one each side

• Fixed window on the near side sliding door, opening window on the off-side

• Both fixed windows no opening

• No windows except the tailgate (already there)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I made a mistake when I specced what I wanted at the converters with my windows.

The converters standard spec is opening O/S and fixed on N/S a they mainly convert full campers. Due to the known leaky window topic, I was going to change to fixed glass in both sides. (I'm just a kombi conversion and I forgot to tell then to fit fixed glass both sides,)

But- I have to say that what I have got suits me well as the kids now have better visibility out of the N/S window and whilst they don't like the reduced visibility/light from the opening window on the O/S, I like it if I am chilling in the van and just want a bit of air because I have noted that turning on ignition and faffing with front windows is a minor irritation once settled with seats rotated, etc.

Not had a summer with van yet, but I'm pretty sure one opening window will be useful in addition to the front windows.

Also- I have flush window which looks like the one linked to in this thread (VCG).
The converter told me they don't have issues with these leaking, but the glazed area is smaller which is a shame. I'll photo the windows each side in the morning, so you can see what I'm on about regarding the visibility/light.

Also- I have flush window which looks like the one linked to in this thread (VCG).
The converter told me they don't have issues with these leaking, but the glazed area is smaller which is a shame. I'll photo the windows each side in the morning, so you can see what I'm on about regarding the visibility/light.
Do you know where the converter got the windows from?

I didn’t pay anything like that for my factory looking flush window.
I’ve just checked and I paid £335 fitted in October 2021. (including vat and fitting.)
Sorry. I’ve no idea who the converter sourced these from, but the converter is Revampavan in Christchurch, Dorset and I rate them very highly.

Just checked my VGC costs from last July 21. I don't have an itemised invoice but I paid £733 for 1 flush slider (behind driver), 1 plain glass (in sliding door), 1 dummy rear and 1 glass rear. All glass was from their premium range and price included delivery. The order was placed over the phone so 'maybe' it was a bit cheaper ordering that way.

I was told the Premium glass would be a better fit with the contours of the van, and the aperture on the slider was larger.

Hope that helps.

VGC LWB Flush sliders says June 22nd pre order. TransporterHQ/Camperglass new windows available in 12 weeks. Does anyone know of somewhere with availability from stock? Otherwise I am tempted just to go with the non-flush sliders or even the plain glass and swap them out later if I really feel the need for opening windows.

Been having similar arguments with myself. My T5 has non-flush rear to front slide behind cooker, which I hardly ever open. When cooking we always have pop top up, and the new one has a panoramic zip too. In the end I’ve gone for all fixed - no leak risk, and more window to see out of, and easier to fit blind over. Just need some warm dry weather to fit them in now.

Back