Recommended Window Suppliers

• Total voters
All mine are kiravans, very happy with them although there was a QC issue with a barn door one that had to be replaced as the shade was different to the rest when you looked out. Looked ok from outside though. Kiravans supplies new glass and covered price of swap

A friend of mine owns a Window Import & Distribution Company in Carlisle. They do any Window/Windscreen for any vehicle. They also do installations if you are local amongst other things (a few conversions, seat installations e.t.c)

Trade Windscreens - 01228 810018
Thanks but not local and looking to source direct from manufacturer

Has anyone had issues with distorted panes.....on both sides the rear lower corners stand out by the glass thickness from the adjacent pane.

Thank you for the nice comments about the flush windows. Next batch due in mid October as the last lot lasted about three weeks!!!

If you want to, you can order through the website so we can reserve them for when the batch arrives.

Hey Andy, I opted for the OEM VW sliding windows in both sides. In my opinion they look best and I haven't had issues with previous Ines fitted either. They are a bit more complex to install but if your confident with tools this shouldn't be an issue. I would definitely not use a grinder for the job, or for any for that matter! I used a jigsaw on the long straight sections and the a pneumatic respricating saw for the corners and trimming. You do need to cut the double skin but I have all measurements if your going this route. Also I fitted a U rubber in the inner skin then black silicone between that and the glass which gave it a really smart and good finish, you will need to trim the top and bottom sliding rail covers but that's no big issues either. Even with the jigsaw and pneumatic saw remove door seals and tape off all the van as the hit metal parts will melt into the rubbers and turn rusty I have seen the previously on a friends van. Order the trim for rear of window also as it looks good and closes the gap at the rear where window is bonded.
Any more info needed just give a shout
Best if luck and keep a steady hand
Regards
Sean

Hi Sean
Looking to fit oem side windows in my 2014 Hi line van. Apparently I read somewhere you have pics and instructions for above.
I would be most appreciative if you could send them to me, as I here most people I talk to say not possible as van panels different to factory combi,s and do not recommend it as it weakens structure!
I am a retired engineer so most things in metal I am ok with.
Thank you.
Tony

Hi Sean
Looking to fit oem side windows in my 2014 Hi line van. Apparently I read somewhere you have pics and instructions for above.
I would be most appreciative if you could send them to me, as I here most people I talk to say not possible as van panels different to factory combi,s and do not recommend it as it weakens structure!
I am a retired engineer so most things in metal I am ok with.
Thank you.
Tony

Hi Sean
Forgot to mention
What was the cost of oem side slider
windows
Apparently you can get them in green tint or privacy. The privacy is more expensive so I am led to believe.
Thank you
Tony

Hi Sean
Forgot to mention
What was the cost of oem side slider
windows
Apparently you can get them in green tint or privacy. The privacy is more expensive so I am led to believe.
Thank you
Tony
Hi Tony,
You won't have any issues with installing OEM sliding windows into panel van and you will not change the integrity of the structure in any way at all, I believe this excuse is given by companies that don't want the additional effort to fitting OEM windows it only takes a little bit extra care but very achieveable especially when you have engineering background, I have never had any leak issues either. I will send on some pics to you with measurements no problem later this evening
Regarding the cost, when I prices it was much cheaper to buy the sliders here in Ireland off main dealer than they were in U.K. For some reason. There was no cost difference between the green and tinted
I will send cost details later also, if you need anything else just let me know

I think this is what Sean is getting at when he says companies will talk you out of fitting OEM windows in a PV.

vanfest2008_026txt.jpg

Hi Tony,
You won't have any issues with installing OEM sliding windows into panel van and you will not change the integrity of the structure in any way at all, I believe this excuse is given by companies that don't want the additional effort to fitting OEM windows it only takes a little bit extra care but very achieveable especially when you have engineering background, I have never had any leak issues either. I will send on some pics to you with measurements no problem later this evening
Regarding the cost, when I prices it was much cheaper to buy the sliders here in Ireland off main dealer than they were in U.K. For some reason. There was no cost difference between the green and tinted
I will send cost details later also, if you need anything else just let me know

Hi Sean
Thank you very much for info so far
As you mention you will send me cost details later ( I have been quoted £455 each OEM primacy windows, green tint £360 each,) would be interested what it costs in Ireland.
In a previous post you mention you also have dimensions of cut out. I would be most grateful for this and as much info as you can send me.
Also look forward to seeing pictures, just to build up my confidence to cut widow openings.

Kind regards
Tony.

No problem Tony, I'll get to that tomorrow for you just having a hectic few weeks at work so sorry fir delay

Tony these are the prices and pet numbers for privacy windows, €361.00 each inc discount of trade price. Which was a lot cheaper than I could find in U.K. The strips I ordeeed with them are the black rubber piece between front and rear glass panels which come on Cali or Caravelle looks really smart and you have black the whole side of the van rather than the colour of you van stripe between the two glass panels, it basically hides/closes the gap.
Currency rate when I priced in the U.K. Make them work out very expensive from U.K. You should be around £300 for privacy at the moment from Ireland,

I will put up better shots and measurements tomorrow but you cannot see the inner steel through the glass from outside if you cut enough

Hi Sean

Sorry for late reply. been busy on other things.
Thank you very much for info its most helpful, especially as have fitted these windows.
If you could also post other shots you mention I would also be interested.

Kind regards
Tony.

Tony,
Could you send me this what you got of Sean?
He is not on here much I think. Much appreciated!!
Any photos with measurement and details
Thanks
Alex

Back