Recommended Window Suppliers

• Total voters
Nah I'll fit the rest, he was too good a deal to say no to. The two the other side I'll fit as and when I have time. The one on the drivers side is needed before the units go in so had to be done before then.

Where is the best place to buy windows from? There are so many suppliers out there and you clearly get what you pay for, so what are the best suppliers that people have used?

I'm particularity interested in a supplier that can supply rear quarter blanker windows that you can't see through.

P.S. I have to admit, Kirivans telephone ordering/support is pretty pants - whatever you ask them you, they struggle to answer with confidence!

One of them (the name escapes me - VGC?) has started supplying glass with flush sliding windows. It’d be interesting to see some reviews. I don’t know whether it’s just a VW thing or whether other manufacturers make leaky sliding windows too

Just fitted camper glass company windows all round in mine and was more than happy with the quality.

I bought Kiravans and after a small complaint they sent me a brand new window within 24 hours, I had the drivers rear window wrapped on the inside to make it totally black. Camper Glass fitted the replacement window from Kiravans and I had a good look at their windows which appear to be the same as Kiravans from Turkey but the printing on the inside from the factory is more discreet on the Camper Glass windows and is in the corner not in the middle of the glass. Its a small thing but worth considering.

Hi all, I just wanted to share this with you. I've recently purchased a full window kit for my T6. After quite a bit of research, weighing up the pro's and cons of price, quality etc...I opted for VGC (Vehicle Glass Co.).

The service, advice and product was spot on. Not the cheapest on the market but I'm really happy with the end results.

The only thing I would mention, is get some Valium down you before you start cutting holes in your van, it certainly gets the heart pumping and the hands shaking!!

hi I'm just about to purchase a 2016 Transporter Shuttle SE and was wondering about advice on getting slide windows on both sides.
Does anyone know of any recommended places to get fitted in or around the Bristol area? And should I pay more for VW fitted windows or are there good alternatives out there.

What sort of price is reasonable for this conversion.

Any advice would be very welcome!!!

Thanks!

You’ll read a lot about OEM sliding windows being leaky, with some saying it’s a fitment issue whilst others say it’s a design issue.

You can get OEM sliding windows second hand at anything from £250 to £450 or new from something like £550,
recessed aftermarket windows at around £200 or
flush-fit aftermarket windows at around £300.
It all depends on the look you’re after.

As you have the holes already cut out for your windows, OEM sliders will go straight in, match your existing glass and look the best.

You’ll read a lot about OEM sliding windows being leaky, with some saying it’s a fitment issue whilst others say it’s a design issue.

You can get OEM sliding windows second hand at anything from £250 to £450 or new from something like £550,
recessed aftermarket windows at around £200 or
flush-fit aftermarket windows at around £300.
It all depends on the look you’re after.

As you have the holes already cut out for your windows, OEM sliders will go straight in, match your existing glass and look the best.

Thank you! most useful...just had a quote of £670 for fitting both so from what you said this seems in the right ballpark.

They said that the official VW ones leak so ‘after market’ ones were the ones to go for...

Any thoughts i.e. is there any truth in this or are they just trying to sell me what they want to fit?

Its true, VW ones can and do leak
Aftermarket are more reliable but you will need to check the colour (tint) to see if it matches your existing OEM fixed windows
As you have glass in front and behind the ones you are changing being a different shade may look a bit odd but you always have the option of tinting the middle and rear windows if they dont match and even with tinting costs would still prob work out cheaper than fitting OEM sliders ?

Back