Time to choose windows.

Choice of window options for the slider and opposite.

• 2 opening windows, one each side

• Fixed window on the near side sliding door, opening window on the off-side

• Both fixed windows no opening

• No windows except the tailgate (already there)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Its time to decide on options of windows, and its holding up my conversion because I cant decide.

I have decided on getting the glass from Leisure Vehicle Windows. It will be the flush fit sliders. And hope they dont leak.

If you have opening windows do you use them both all the time? Just the off-side, or dont you use them at all?

If you have fixed windows, do you regret not having opening ones?

Thanks for contributions.

Nope, and every time i read a threat about leaking sliding windows I'm happy I chose fixed windows

Assuming you mean camper when you mention the word ‘conversion’ then I’d say an opener either side, to carry smells / steam / smoke out.
Glad you’ve gone for flush-fit sliders.. they look a lot better IMO.
The only time I’ve ever had water through them (I have VGC windows but they’re likely made by the same firm) is when I parked it nose up on some wheel ramps overnight. I think that’s because the drain channel runs down towards the front.

It depends what you are going to use it for.

My Velle is used as a car. I thought passengers in the back would want opening windows, but I haven't got any and no one as ever said they wish they were there.

Its time to decide on options of windows, and its holding up my conversion because I cant decide.

I have decided on getting the glass from Leisure Vehicle Windows. It will be the flush fit sliders. And hope they dont leak.

If you have opening windows do you use them both all the time? Just the off-side, or dont you use them at all?

Thanks for contributions.

I watched the latest Transporter HQ video on Youtube the other day and they've been developing a new sliding window that's meant to look factory but without the leaks. They are doing a few more weeks of testing, but they looked pretty nice.

My window van came with OEM openers on both sides. I did want openers as its our family vehicle and if the kids feel a bit ill when I’m hacking it about they can get a bit of fresh air (more likely caused by phone / tablet use)!

I have had the odd dribble leak. Our drive slopes down towards the road prob 0.5m in 6m fall which I think for some reason stops them leaking most of the time. Its only when we’ve been parked on level ground in the rain has there been water make it through.

Sorry for rambling - if you intend to carry passengers or have a cooker on the drivers side I’d have 1 maybe 2 openers

we have an opener on each side and no leaks so far, they've been in for a couple of years now. Glad we fitted them as at least you have the open/closed options Do like the THQ flush fitting ones too

Just for clarification, I hardly ever carry passengers. As for cooking, I doubt I will do that very much and wouldn’t opening the drivers window do for ventilation?

I was about to link the Transporter HQ Flush Fit slider video (as I too watched that the other day, and think they look ace!) but can see that @Tourershine has already done that! Might be worth holding out for them?

Thats for all the replies. I think I am going to hold out for those THQ ones. Although it does mean the build gets put on hold until they are fitted, min 10 weeks :/

I watched the latest Transporter HQ video on Youtube the other day and they've been developing a new sliding window that's meant to look factory but without the leaks. They are doing a few more weeks of testing, but they looked pretty nice.

Thanks. The colour of the van in that video is amazing. Never seen it before, and Im sure it wasn't in the list that I chose from.

If you sleep in the van in warm weather you will be glad of open windows, otherwise your interior will be uncomfortable.
I have 2 and like the cross breeze sometimes.

My van was bought newly converted with one sliding window behind the hob/sink. If using the hob you should vent the van but that window behind the raised glass tops of the hob/sink isn't actually very convenient. It's awkward to open, awkward to shut and difficult to adjust while the glass hob top is up. I got a company called Northview Customs in East Kilbride to refit the sliding door with an opening window. It's much more convenient using the sliding door window to vent while I have the gas hob on - if I were to have only one window it would be the one in the sliding door. There's been enough heavy rain since to test the fitting and there are no issues at all.
Regarding flushed/recessed, I prefer the flush windows visually but the van came with that one window that was recessed so I decided to match it on the sliding door but it's not a big deal for me.

Hi, dont suppose you have heard any news about these sliders yet? TIA

My Cali Beech has one slider on passenger side. Only use it when parked up. Wish I had one on sliding door (drivers side) just to give me options.

Thankfully mine don’t leak! (I’ve only gone and jinxed myself now, haven’t I?!!)

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Back