Recommended Window Suppliers

• Total voters
Thanks that’s great...much appreciated...I guess if I’m going to a fitting service I’ll have the luxury of making sure they match before purchasing.

Ta!

Hiya

If I was you I would pop along to a VW show and look at what others have fitted (inside and out). I didn't like idea of leaking windows so stayed clear of VW but there a big difference in after market sliders.

Quality of the glass and or tint will it match.
Quality slider mechanism and flush or recessed
Size do they match in height to your other windows
Ceramic band. is the same as other windows or designed for a panel van.

Kev

I’ve collated some prices for flush-fit aftermarket windows - if you decide to go that way, let me know and I’ll post them up here.

Hi all, I just wanted to share this with you. I've recently purchased a full window kit for my T6. After quite a bit of research, weighing up the pro's and cons of price, quality etc...I opted for VGC (Vehicle Glass Co.).

The service, advice and product was spot on. Not the cheapest on the market but I'm really happy with the end results.

The only thing I would mention, is get some Valium down you before you start cutting holes in your van, it certainly gets the heart pumping and the hands shaking!!

@Cham13 Did you go for sliding windows in your pack. If so, which style? The expensive flush style or the cheaper half slider?

A little late but I'd be grateful to see your list of prices :)
These prices were obtained in early March so may well have changed.

Flush-fitting sliding windows in privacy tint.

LeisureVehicleWindows.co.uk

Sliders £282/each supply-only

Fixed £78/each supply-only

Trim etc £98.40

Total £818.14 supplied. Delivery £22.20 (£840)

Supply only.

Rear sliders.

TheVehicleGlassCompany.co.uk

Sliders £405.12/each supply-only

Fixed £79.20/each supply-only

Trim?

Total £968.64 supplied. Delivery £60 (£1040).

Plus trims?

Front slider.

VanWindowsDirect.co.uk

Sliders £275 supplied/£345 fitted

Fixed £80 supplied/£150 fitted.

Trim £81

Total £710 supplied/£990 fitted.

Rear slider.

Van-window-conversion.co.uk

Fixed £300 excl VAT fitted.

Sliders £630 excl VAT fitted.

Total £930 with VAT £1116

Margate, Kent for one day - Terry.

Slider position unknown.

CornwallVanWindows.com

Sliders £425/each fitted

Fixed £190/each fitted

Total £1230 fitted.

3 week lead time.

Front slider.

VanDoc.co.uk

Total £1416 incl VAT fitted.

5 hours at Redditch.

Front slider.

So, just about to start on the new T6 conversion. My old T5 had genuine VW fixed side windows fitted by Dean @vandoc. The fit was perfect (i.e. they perfectly followed the contour of the van).
But this time I want a slider and darker tint so looking for good aftermarket ones.

I have seen quite a few vans that the windows look wavey and the top and bottom corners stand off the side of the van. Are there any decent after market ones available?

Thanks

Lee

I used CamperGlass.
Quality is great! Very well packaged on delivery and quick delivery.
I would say for the side windows get an extra primer bottle though. I used the j-trim, that fitted perfectly over the both skins.
I thought they were pretty well priced.
I spent quite some time trying to pick a company to get windows from and would definitely recommend the product they provide.
Fitment is really good with regards to the curves ect.

I’m considering giving VGC a go with their flush-fitting windows. I think one or two others on here have them. As much as I’ll end up losing some glass to the thicker frame / window band, I think I’ll be happier with the overall look (provided they don’t leak) as I’m not a fan of the regular aftermarket windows that sit in a recess. Each to their own, mind.

I've used flush fitting VGC slider windows and they're very good quality. The tailgate is being replaced this week with a Camper Glass unit as it's currently only 25% and I want 82% privacy. @ £99 a new unit, it's not worth tinting the old.
Anyone in the market for a factory rear window with demister & wiper hole?

I’m considering giving VGC a go with their flush-fitting windows. I think one or two others on here have them. As much as I’ll end up losing some glass to the thicker frame / window band, I think I’ll be happier with the overall look (provided they don’t leak) as I’m not a fan of the regular aftermarket windows that sit in a recess. Each to their own, mind.

Yes I agree but when I found out the cost for one of there sliders I could glaze the whole van for that from camper glass. I couldn’t bring myself to pay the extra.

But yes flush sliders do look better, but I’m really happy with how mine are performing.

I bought Kiravans and after a small complaint they sent me a brand new window within 24 hours, I had the drivers rear window wrapped on the inside to make it totally black. Camper Glass fitted the replacement window from Kiravans and I had a good look at their windows which appear to be the same as Kiravans from Turkey but the printing on the inside from the factory is more discreet on the Camper Glass windows and is in the corner not in the middle of the glass. Its a small thing but worth considering.

Out of interest did you see the factory details? I am trying to source a new manufacturer and am interested in the new flush fit windows a few convertors have started using and where they come from

Out of interest did you see the factory details? I am trying to source a new manufacturer and am interested in the new flush fit windows a few convertors have started using and where they come from
I’ll check mine tomorrow for you.

A friend of mine owns a Window Import & Distribution Company in Carlisle. They do any Window/Windscreen for any vehicle. They also do installations if you are local amongst other things (a few conversions, seat installations e.t.c)

Trade Windscreens - 01228 810018

Back