What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Thats the b2b and MPPT I have. You dont connect to the solar at all.

0V on AMT ---> GND - on Victron B2B
LEISURE BATTERY AMT ---> OUT on B2B
VEHICLE BATTERY AMT ---> IN on B2B
yep thats the wiring set up i used. yesterday not too similar set up but with a know path to both batteries and although i was getting amber light but there was no current flow from LB to VB when the LB was on solar charge. will dm you

Fitted the leather air bag cover. Expensive but looks nice. Cant decide whether to have the silver trim sprayed black.

View attachment 219099
In an accident, when the airbag deploys, how does the leather cover split to allow the airbag out?
I'd like a similar cover myself, but can't get my head round how it safely works?
I've asked a few folk this & nobody seems to know?

In an accident, when the airbag deploys, how does the leather cover split to allow the airbag out?
I'd like a similar cover myself, but can't get my head round how it safely works?
It must split or otherwise wouldn’t comply with regulations. I’m guessing there’s a weakness built in near the grey stitching. I couldn’t see how the original would split when it was in my hand.

Same here. Not sure about the safety side. Looks good though.

I'm spraying my VW badges with matt black Plasti Dip this afternoon. So far, so good. The last coat has gone on and you can see the drying matt areas. The badges are on old aerosol caps to stop them gluing themselves to the newspaper underneath and I've found I need to start spraying round the sides, rotating the badge on its stand, before spraying the centre.

The glossy insert from the front badge has also been T-cut and is looking nicely shiny.
1000005114.jpg

I'm spraying my VW badges with matt black Plasti Dip this afternoon. So far, so good. The last coat has gone on and you can see the drying matt areas. The badges are on old aerosol caps to stop them gluing themselves to the newspaper underneath and I've found I need to start spraying round the sides, rotating the badge on its stand, before spraying the centre.

The glossy insert from the front badge has also been T-cut and is looking nicely shiny.
View attachment 219124
Looking good, that is.
Completed on the kitchen worktop, whilst Mrs @IanEx is away, I presume? :thumbsup:

• Haha
Reactions: Bav

View attachment 219124
The finished article. I'm quite pleased with how they came out. The "TRANSPORTER" and "TDi" badges are still chrome and I'm undecided whether to remove them or Plasti Dip them, too. 1000005117.jpg

The last few days I’ve updated the electrics in our van, installed a second 100 ah lithium battery, bus bars, remote controlled 1500 watt inverter, fused all positive leads and a battery isolation switch.
I’ve also paneled the sides of our van king bed and covered with stretch carpet.
Im waiting for a reply off the seller of the inverter as the remote does not work so not fitted yet.
John.

IMG_1273.jpegIMG_1274.jpegIMG_1275.jpegIMG_1278.jpegIMG_1284.jpeg

A pleasant afternoon spent at @Dav-Tec 's workshop with him fitting THQ Led Headlights for me. Strewth Chris that waiting room was cold, fortunately a kettle and necessary facilities were at hand. Just had to pop out to test said headlights and what a massive difference to the old originals, I can see the road!! Top job yet again Chris and accomplice! Also a pleasure to meet @Ed1970 with his new half Ascot Grey van for Chris to perform an 'upgrade'. Ed will be happy I'm sure on his trip back to Sussex!

20231107_174418.jpg

20231107_173513.jpg

Back