What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

A visit to AutoBrite HQ for 2 days, completed an Intermediate detailing course…. Van looks like glass now. All ready to go up for sale next month…

View attachment 240634

View attachment 240635

View attachment 240636

View attachment 240637

View attachment 240638

View attachment 240639

View attachment 240640
@RyanGerry - excellent looking results there, not bad at that price for 2 days worth of training for it to include a ceramic coating, although you do all the hard work!

Was it this course?

It seems that there are a lot of additional options you could choose to tailor it to your needs

Or possibly this course, as the other is a "drive in / drive out", with Autobrite doing the work?

Last edited:
@RyanGerry - goods looking results there, not bad at that price for 2 days worth of training for it to include a ceramic coating, although you do all the hard work!

Was it this course?

It seems that there are a lot of additional options you could choose to tailor it to your needs
That's them doing the work, aka a normal 'you give them the car and 2 days later it comes back looking amazing' detailing package. Note the £300 starting price is for a fiat 500 size car. A T6 will be double that, easy. Then add on ceramic coating, tbh for a van in anything but almost new condition I'd expect close to or over 4 figures for a proper paint correction and ceramic coating.

I'm guessing this is the course, they have several levels.

@RyanGerry - goods looking results there, not bad at that price for 2 days worth of training for it to include a ceramic coating, although you do all the hard work!

Was it this course?

Or possibly this 1, as the other is a "drive in / drive out" them doing the work course?

Could this be the next forum event?

I'm guessing this is the course, they have several levels.

So I did the intermediate course, I asked if I could take my own van to train on as it’s going up for sale so sort of killed two birds with one stone. It meant I could get it ready for sale and do some training at the same time…

@RyanGerry - excellent looking results there, not bad at that price for 2 days worth of training for it to include a ceramic coating, although you do all the hard work!

Was it this course?

Or possibly this course, as the other is a "drive in / drive out", with Autobrite doing the work?

So I did the intermediate course…

A67A3EB5-E016-4D3A-9DEF-EB4189B0FDE8.jpeg

So I did the intermediate course, I asked if I could take my own van to train on as it’s going up for sale so sort of killed two birds with one stone. It meant I could get it ready for sale and do some training at the same time…
Clever! ;) :D

So I did the intermediate course…

View attachment 240756
Woah, you get a certificate?! Sign me up! :p

On a serious note, was it actually 1-2-1 or was there a group of you with a trainer or 2?

There's a company near me, which if you spend any time in the detailing world you'll hear the name - KDS/Lake Country and Kelly Harris. He does training, and also details cars - I don't know how much the training is but I know you can quite quickly get into £2-3k work paint correction and ceramic coating. Probably the best in the UK but the prices reflect that!!

Had to get Vera`s first Mot. My god I hate taking it to the Chelmsford dealership.
Had issues with my electric sliding doors since new and read the thread on here about a possible fuse issue. They have now looked at it 3 times and never done anything. As soon as I mentioned the fuse they said there was a recall for the fuse and would do it while they do the MOT. But because I now have a leisure battery fitted under the drivers seat they wouldn't do it!
Left waiting for over an hour and half before I chased them only to be told they couldn't do it.
Had to bite my lip count to 10 and walk out. Never again. Need to find a good VW mechanic near by for future work.

Had to get Vera`s first Mot. My god I hate taking it to the Chelmsford dealership.
Had issues with my electric sliding doors since new and read the thread on here about a possible fuse issue. They have now looked at it 3 times and never done anything. As soon as I mentioned the fuse they said there was a recall for the fuse and would do it while they do the MOT. But because I now have a leisure battery fitted under the drivers seat they wouldn't do it!
Left waiting for over an hour and half before I chased them only to be told they couldn't do it.
Had to bite my lip count to 10 and walk out. Never again. Need to find a good VW mechanic near by for future work.
I’m not far from you and also have to use the Chelmsford van centre for the All-in.

They’re no worse than other dealers IMHO.

For a well respected indy locally I have used and others have on here also - VW Mad - Steve is great.

I’m not far from you and also have to use the Chelmsford van centre for the All-in.

They’re no worse than other dealers IMHO.

For a well respected indy locally I have used and others have on here also - VW Mad - Steve is great.

Well that's a low bar for dealerships. That is my 3rd visit (and last) and it's never gone well.
We had a service plan but the MOT was the last of it so won't be renewing and will be going down the independent route. Might take a look at VW Mad cheers

Well that's a low bar for dealerships. That is my 3rd visit (and last) and it's never gone well.
We had a service plan but the MOT was the last of it so won't be renewing and will be going down the independent route. Might take a look at VW Mad cheers
As much as I would rather use an indy, the All-in plan for 2 years with warranty, services, MOTs and breakdown is too good to pass up IMHO.

I will be taking it out again for another 2 years in December when the current one runs out.

Clever! ;) :D

Woah, you get a certificate?! Sign me up! :p

On a serious note, was it actually 1-2-1 or was there a group of you with a trainer or 2?

There's a company near me, which if you spend any time in the detailing world you'll hear the name - KDS/Lake Country and Kelly Harris. He does training, and also details cars - I don't know how much the training is but I know you can quite quickly get into £2-3k work paint correction and ceramic coating. Probably the best in the UK but the prices reflect that!!
It was 1-2-1…

Mind if I ask what the issue with the electric sliding doors are?

Wrong size fuse, thread over here

Back