What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Today bought 33 litter fridge with two separated compartments .... super good price, only 135 EUR brand new !! Also bought Redtiger F7NP front and rear dash cam for 40 EUR and some really good vacuum cleaner with rechargeable battery for 60 EUR.

I would say a really good deal I got on the auctions, goods are basically new, just unpacked.

Today bought 33 litter fridge with two separated compartments .... super good price, only 135 EUR brand new !! Also bought Redtiger F7NP front and rear dash cam for 40 EUR and some really good vacuum cleaner with rechargeable battery for 60 EUR.

I would say a really good deal I got on the auctions, goods are basically new, just unpacked.
Nice one @Pleh

John.

I feel your pain! I've had 2 crack on me this year! Welded up, replaced with new, 2 welded spares for emegencies! 8.5 and a 10, £55 each to weld down these parts...

A pleasant afternoon spent at @Dav-Tec 's workshop with him fitting THQ Led Headlights for me. Strewth Chris that waiting room was cold, fortunately a kettle and necessary facilities were at hand. Just had to pop out to test said headlights and what a massive difference to the old originals, I can see the road!! Top job yet again Chris and accomplice! Also a pleasure to meet @Ed1970 with his new half Ascot Grey van for Chris to perform an 'upgrade'. Ed will be happy I'm sure on his trip back to Sussex!

View attachment 219165

View attachment 219166
@Drive Wayne Picked an oil filled radiator up this morning for the reception area. Can't have cold customers

Glad I’ve got good tool set up with a blown out at I guess 140/150kmh 27 mins from my destination after being on the road all day and almost 9 hours.

25 mins to change the wheel. At least 10 of that was refitting the front wheel and then jacking up the rear to get the spare out and undoing the stupid spare wheel carrier bolt which have a lot of threads to unwind and my Ugga dugga wouldn’t fit - mental note to pack the angled bolt driver

IMG_0678.jpeg

IMG_0679.jpeg

Last edited:
@archersam, is your wheel salvageable? From the markings on the road, it seems you were riding on the rim for at least a short while.

Driving to work got the tyre pressure warning, hopped out and checked - didn’t look flat at the bottom.

Got to work, went into work, came out of work and tyre flat. Borrowed an air pump, pumped it up again.

Drove 1.4 miles to National Tyres, got there at 2.15pm, told no more slots today :rolleyes: , drove another mile to Kwik Fit, told 2 hour wait.

Pumped it up again and drove towards home, stopped at a small independent a mile or so from home - removed, repaired and refitted in 15 mins for £15.

Bought myself an air pump today to keep in the van :thumbsup:

A good news story from me today. MOT due to expire next week, so phoned my usual garage up yesterday, booked in for 3pm today. Last night was a quick check of lights, springs, tyres fluids etc.

Straightforward pass, after the initial comments about the length of the Shuttle. All good for another 53 weeks :thumbsup:

@archersam, is your wheel salvageable? From the markings on the road, it seems you were riding on the rim for at least a short while.
I doubt it. I was on the hard shoulder daily quickly however as it’s right next to the live lane at night on an unlit french autoroute in wet, I took the decision to drive it like this for 2kms to the next aires .

As it so happened there was an SOS lay-by 300 m away so it was still driven slowly for 300m.

I’ve got 8 spare Devonports in the garage with tyres - a brand new set for next spring and a brand new set with winter tyres that were going on in a couple of weeks.

They had done 38k so tyres were due to be changed based on twi’s

Back