What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Spent hours this morning but it doesn’t look like I’ve done anything :whistle:

• Removed glove box, head unit, passenger seat, passenger seat base, passenger foot step, passenger seat belt pillar lower cover and scuttle panel.
  • Ran 4AWG power cable from battery - drilled hole and fitted new gromet in the battery panel thing, through existing gromet, behind dash and under carpet to the passenger seat base.
  • Used earth point under seat base and fitted 4AWG ground cable.
  • Fitted distribution fuse box on the end of the Red and Black cables.
  • Ran my homemade F&R L&R speaker wire T harness from under seat base to behind the head unit
  • Swapped brown plug and then inserted pins for the F L&R coming back from under the seat - these will carry the amplified signal and hook back into the factory loom for the front speakers.
  • Ran 12+ ignition live from central fuse box add a fuse to power the DSP.

I then got stuck because I just couldn’t work out how to neatly mount the Helix DSP, Audison 5.600 amp and the distribution fuse box under the seat.

What do you do with them @Absolut5 @Dav-Tec @BognorMotors ?

I looked at a wood panel but can’t see how to fix it in safely
I wondered about some meccano style bits of metal with holes in to bend into a cradle and use the factory holes that are at the top of the seat base on both sides with nut and bolt?

Ideally want to be able to get to the panel on the top of the amp for adjustments from the back behind the seat base clip on cover - otherwise I got to take seat off to get to it.

So for now I have connected the speakers wires back together under the seat so I can use the head unit powering them until I work this out.

Also still waiting for the wheel arch sub boxes I bought 2 weeks ago and no sign of any stock :confused:

Put everything back together and came indoors :rolleyes:

Lovely hour in the van today fiddling with my knob. I have successfully converted my 5 speed box into a 6 speed with this super German creation. Beautifully leathery, a veritable pleasure to hold in ones hand, as all good knobs are apparently.

20231112_171828.jpg

Back