What Have You Bought, But Not Yet Fitted or Used?

Well - I've had Buster now since early 2019.
Bought as a LWB panel van and converted by the nice folk @AJCConversions immediately after.
Before it landed back with the moomin family, we started buying "stuff".
Some "stuff" we knew we needed, some "stuff" we thought we needed and other "stuff" the great Forum collective suggested we needed.

I have a lot of bought "stuff" that is squirreled away in various places (shed, garage, spare bedroom, office, stores at work etc.) as if the chief accountant got to find out about it, my life would not be as good as it is today...

So this is a list of stuff, I have bought, but not (yet) fitted or used:

1. Vw logo'd 3 piece doorstep mats - bought 2019
2. Vw front & rear chrome badges, sprayed matt black - bought 2019
3. Vw front underneath logo plastic, sprayed Bamboo Green - bought 2019
4. Travelin Lite 2 off sets of locking wheel nuts - bought 2019
5. Vw door card clips, purchased "just in case" - bought 2019
6. 3 bike rain cover - bought 2019
7. Bike rain cover red & white warning sign - bought 2019
8. 12 Delta strong composite tent pegs (as recommended by @VanDamMan) - bought 2020
9. H&R ARBS from @CRS Performance - bought 2020
10. Vw 340mm front "big brake" calipers & carriers, purchased with help from Oli @BognorMotors - bought 2021
11. Vw new rear calipers & carriers - bought 2021
12. Items 10 & 11 sent for painting Candy Apple Red - in 2022
13. Nutexa 340mm dimpled discs & pads from @CRS Performance - bought 2023
14. Nutexa 294mm dimpled discs & pads from @CRS Performance - bought 2023
15. Vw Golf Mk 7.5 flat bottomed steering wheel (spare 1, no buttons) from @Texxaco - bought 2023
16. Vw star washers, purchased "just in case" - bought 2023
17. Vw various trim clips, purchased "just in case" - bought 2023
18. Vanstyle new front splitter, painted Bamboo Green by @Alan@Crafted automotive - bought 2023
19. Vw wheel nut covers, painted Bamboo Green by @Alan@Crafted automotive - bought 2023
20. Vw logo'd st/steel valve covers - bought 2023
21. Fiamma F45S new front end cap - bought 2023
22. Swooshy 12v front bonnet lights (2 sets - 1 set purchased as a "spare"!!) - bought 2023
22. Wing mirror red stripes - Xmas prezzie 2023
23. Aluminium drivers footrest & infill painted black by @Alan@Crafted automotive - Xmas prezzie 2023
24. Upper front grill red stripes - Xmas prezzie 2023

So there it is - my list of "stuff" to fit, that I really should have already fitted.
I must do better in 2024 :D
I know a trip to @CRS Performance is on the cards Q1 this year for a suspension upgrade.
A few of the above "stuff will be fitted at the same time.
This has had partial clearance / agreement from the chief accountant for pennies to be wisely invested :cool:
Steve & Steve's lad will be glad to see the back of me, as every time I see them, I remind them that 1 day I will be making that important trip to CRS HQ @ Cannock, with my ever growing list of jobs.

I actually feel a little bit better now, that I've shared everything I've hoarded with the great T6 Forum family :thumbsup:

Anybody else with "stuff" to fit?

Edit:
@Skyliner33 - You of anybody must have "stuff" stashed away after all the "change of mind" things you've bought?

Bought a bonnet stone chip guard for my T6.1 Sportline but don’t fit due to having LED Lights which makes the gap thinner along the bonnet edge on the lights.
Anyone want it for free? Based in Medway ME3 area??

Think all I’ve got left to fit from my stash of goodies is
Rear shorty mudflaps,
OE front mudflaps
Black vinyl kit for external pillar.
And rear reversing camera.
Waiting for it not to be so bloody cold. It’s nasty bitter up here the now. Waiting on the snow tomorrow.
I don’t fancy lying on the ground out there at the moment.
Oh got a MFSW on its way and want my new pioneer head unit hooked up to it as well as activating ccs on my poverty model. So will have that in the to fit pile (goody stash) soon. :D

H7’s
Gloss black lower grills with DRLs
Just waiting for gloss black upper grill to come.

Will then fit it all in one go.
The thought of removing the bumper scares the life out of me so I only wanna do it once.

Nice one. I really appreciate that thank you. I’ll bear it in mind. The videos I’ve seen make it look so easy. I’m sure it won’t be……:-(
I would love to help, especially on someone else's van! Twice I've had it done, Davtec and Professional Retrofits, there were two guys involved both times!

Nice one. I really appreciate that thank you. I’ll bear it in mind. The videos I’ve seen make it look so easy. I’m sure it won’t be……:-(
Not long done this fitted new headlights, grill DRLs as well as bumper and bonnet DRLs and fog lights.
It is pretty straightforward but you need a help to pop it off once you have removed the screws. Follow the THQ video
Makes a huge difference the H4’s are really bad.

Bought for the van
A carbon rear bumper protector from vw carbon

A set of wind deflectors from vee dubs

They were the cheapest in the list so far!
That list just gets bigger and bigger

Not had time to fit them yet, in fact not done more than 30 miles in the van yet

I'm starting to have more things to fit than have actually been fit. :laugh:
Latest purchase in storage is some accessories for 230v EHU, ie. CU, cable, sockets, etc.
After having started my own hidden stealth flap for the hookup point I'm starting to wish I'd bought that too.

I'm such a nightmare when it comes to this. Not just with vehicles. But here is a small sample

My T6, currently sat waiting for "the right time"
•H&R coilovers with new top mounts.
•New banded Amarok powder coated steels with new tyres.
•Full tailgate conversion.
•Diesel heater.
•Customised headlights.

My Golf mk7 gti.
•Set of new boxed unopened Rotiform CVT 19" alloy wheels.

My house.
•Full new kitchen, delivered August 23. Sat in my shed.

Thats just the bulky items haha

@HoopDub what have you done with the headlights ?
Nothing too exciting matey. I took the chrome trims out and painted them red to match the red grill stripe (another thing I've bought but not yet fitted ) picture isnt mine, but you can see the chrome trim inside the headlights that follow the line of the red grill trim. My ones are now red.

2pcRedLowerGrilleAccentstofitT6TransporterListingPic2__74829.jpg

Mines not too bad, its a vango galli awning with the ground sheet, carpet and the light system. Had it about a year or so now, not used it as camping for a weekend seems excessive to put up, managed with the kela but we are soon to go away for a week so we will need it for that!

A new driver’s side door seal as the other is damaged and rusty by the step.

Also some additional usb / charging points in the back of the van.

Back