What Have You Bought, But Not Yet Fitted or Used?

What "stuff" have you already bought for it though?
You must have prebought something before collection of the camper?
Oh I have a shopping list all drawn up, wheels and tyres, Sportline front bumper, side bars, new head unit etc but actually, no, I haven’t actually gone out and bought anything yet! :oops:
I’ve got some stuff from my old camper which I foolishly sold a few ago still in the shed.

my confession goes like this:

rally style mudflaps 2+ years waiting
full front end oem plastics waiting to be painted gloss black
oem wing mirrors waiting to be painted gloss black
wing side badges
sound deadening and foam for wheel arches and scuttle
internal storage nets

need to pull the trigger on some axle stands, jack and torque wrench is my current excuse for not doing mud flaps and wheel arches, in for a penny and all!

Like a Golf door seals (bit of a trend with those)
Drivers door mirror cover
Pipe fitting so water tank drain doesn’t protrude down so far
Terminals to activate Hill Descent Control
Any number of storage baskets

Hold on, hold on, I've just figured this out.

This is just an excuse to brag three times isn't it :think smile bounce:

1. Once on the 'What have you bought' thread;
  2. Second time on here,
  3. Third time on the "What have you done to your van" thread.

And that being the case, it penalises those of us who are efficient in applying purchases to our vans :whistle:

As such, I am calling for moderators to delete this thread, and throw all of you on to the naughty step until you get your act together!

(Mind you, @t6blo would need a third thread of their own - "What have you sold today":slow rofl:)

Hold on, hold on, I've just figured this out.

This is just an excuse to brag three times isn't it :think smile bounce:

1. Once on the 'What have you bought' thread;
  2. Second time on here,
  3. Third time on the "What have you done to your van" thread.

And that being the case, it penalises those of us who are efficient in applying purchases to our vans :whistle:

As such, I am calling for moderators to delete this thread, and throw all of you on to the naughty step until you get your act together!

(Mind you, @t6blo would need a third thread of their own - "What have you sold today":slow rofl:)
Nothing today actually, but I did yesterday :rolleyes:

Still got my front door seals to do I've had for a few years, for my camper.

Havent used the Joolca ensuite yet or the Thule rain blockers.

I did have alist as long as my arse arm but over the xmas break I've almost caught up. :whistle:

Swift for me, glossy black grille courtesy of @Bav and gona66 , bought months ago, highline bumper, valeo fogs being installed tomorrow, bought back in the summer hidden in mother's garage until yesterday... quite excited really!

20240108_202200.jpg

Moomin makes me feel a little better about my list...I keep meaning to get on with them, but other jobs seem to take priority away from the van.

1. Compete OEM aircon retrofit (big job, so keep on putting it off)
  2. Some additional lights I bought to install in the back door area (the rear seats block all the light from the van, so pretty hard to see stuff in the dark)

Moomin makes me feel a little better about my list...I keep meaning to get on with them, but other jobs seem to take priority away from the van.

1. Compete OEM aircon retrofit (big job, so keep on putting it off)
  2. Some additional lights I bought to install in the back door area (the rear seats block all the light from the van, so pretty hard to see stuff in the dark)
Hi Sparkzer, I too have OEM aircon to retrofit and also been putting it off for a while but need to take the plunge. Do you happen to have a link to any guides or details? I helped remove it but worry it will be a lot more difficult fitting to a non aircon van.
Thank you
Phill.

Hi Sparkzer, I too have OEM aircon to retrofit and also been putting it off for a while but need to take the plunge. Do you happen to have a link to any guides or details? I helped remove it but worry it will be a lot more difficult fitting to a non aircon van.
Thank you
Phill.
@Adam_T6 has done the leg work on this...I think I bought most of my bits around the same time, but clearly he didn't procrastinate it as much as I have! - his thread is here My Air-Con Retrofit thread

Oh I have a shopping list all drawn up, wheels and tyres, Sportline front bumper, side bars, new head unit etc but actually, no, I haven’t actually gone out and bought anything yet! :oops:
I’ve got some stuff from my old camper which I foolishly sold a few ago still in the shed.

Perhaps we need a "What are you planning on buying" thread? Since I'm still in the conversion phase I reckon I'd trump that one!

My entries for this thread are modest...
  1. Philips bulbs for the crap H4s until I get some H7s
  2. Renogy DC50S (just need to purchase all other electrics first :rolleyes:)
  3. Sound deadening for scuttle and front doors

Perhaps we need a "What are you planning on buying" thread? Since I'm still in the conversion phase I reckon I'd trump that one!

My entries for this thread are modest...
  1. Philips bulbs for the crap H4s until I get some H7s
  2. Renogy DC50S (just need to purchase all other electrics first :rolleyes:)
  3. Sound deadening for scuttle and front doors
Bit at a time my Mrs says, £20 here, £20 there, won't cost much!

Chinese air heater, webasto mounting plate and b-pillar ducting. Not sure if I ever need one but will eventually fit it just because why not.

Inline fan, various pieces of ducting for it and a pwm controller. Adjustable fresh air blower being envisioned, planning started by acquiring bits.

Also bought back my own old water pump, timing belt, aux belt and it’s tensioner for eye watering price. No intentions of fitting them back but need to investigate how worn they actually were.

LED rear lights 2022 and a usb power thing for charging the phone from the door.
And a T30 suspension set, that I changed my mind on almost before I'd gotten them home.

But that's all. And I thought that was a lot! :-O

Well - I've had Buster now since early 2019.
Bought as a LWB panel van and converted by the nice folk @AJCConversions immediately after.
Before it landed back with the moomin family, we started buying "stuff".
Some "stuff" we knew we needed, some "stuff" we thought we needed and other "stuff" the great Forum collective suggested we needed.

I have a lot of bought "stuff" that is squirreled away in various places (shed, garage, spare bedroom, office, stores at work etc.) as if the chief accountant got to find out about it, my life would not be as good as it is today...

So this is a list of stuff, I have bought, but not (yet) fitted or used:

1. Vw logo'd 3 piece doorstep mats - bought 2019
2. Vw front & rear chrome badges, sprayed matt black - bought 2019
3. Vw front underneath logo plastic, sprayed Bamboo Green - bought 2019
4. Travelin Lite 2 off sets of locking wheel nuts - bought 2019
5. Vw door card clips, purchased "just in case" - bought 2019
6. 3 bike rain cover - bought 2019
7. Bike rain cover red & white warning sign - bought 2019
8. 12 Delta strong composite tent pegs (as recommended by @VanDamMan) - bought 2020
9. H&R ARBS from @CRS Performance - bought 2020
10. Vw 340mm front "big brake" calipers & carriers, purchased with help from Oli @BognorMotors - bought 2021
11. Vw new rear calipers & carriers - bought 2021
12. Items 10 & 11 sent for painting Candy Apple Red - in 2022
13. Nutexa 340mm dimpled discs & pads from @CRS Performance - bought 2023
14. Nutexa 294mm dimpled discs & pads from @CRS Performance - bought 2023
15. Vw Golf Mk 7.5 flat bottomed steering wheel (spare 1, no buttons) from @Texxaco - bought 2023
16. Vw star washers, purchased "just in case" - bought 2023
17. Vw various trim clips, purchased "just in case" - bought 2023
18. Vanstyle new front splitter, painted Bamboo Green by @Alan@Crafted automotive - bought 2023
19. Vw wheel nut covers, painted Bamboo Green by @Alan@Crafted automotive - bought 2023
20. Vw logo'd st/steel valve covers - bought 2023
21. Fiamma F45S new front end cap - bought 2023
22. Swooshy 12v front bonnet lights (2 sets - 1 set purchased as a "spare"!!) - bought 2023
22. Wing mirror red stripes - Xmas prezzie 2023
23. Aluminium drivers footrest & infill painted black by @Alan@Crafted automotive - Xmas prezzie 2023
24. Upper front grill red stripes - Xmas prezzie 2023

So there it is - my list of "stuff" to fit, that I really should have already fitted.
I must do better in 2024 :D
I know a trip to @CRS Performance is on the cards Q1 this year for a suspension upgrade.
A few of the above "stuff will be fitted at the same time.
This has had partial clearance / agreement from the chief accountant for pennies to be wisely invested :cool:
Steve & Steve's lad will be glad to see the back of me, as every time I see them, I remind them that 1 day I will be making that important trip to CRS HQ @ Cannock, with my ever growing list of jobs.

I actually feel a little bit better now, that I've shared everything I've hoarded with the great T6 Forum family :thumbsup:

Anybody else with "stuff" to fit?

Edit:
@Skyliner33 - You of anybody must have "stuff" stashed away after all the "change of mind" things you've bought?
You seriously need to pull your finger out @moomin-j, any more gear and you will building a new van.

Back