What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Or you could have prised the lower edge of the vent & stereo surround up and slotted that cable behind it and hiding most of the cable from view. Only the ends would be poking out …..
I did think of that, but didn't know how much spare room there was behind that plastic surround & how much it would bend out.
I went for the easy "I'm not sure so won't try it" approach.

simply rolls up and is stored on the shelf. Amazon of course. Thinking it needs a cinema type wrap :)
Not having much luck with the AMT. When the Solar is switched to the LB, the MB voltage happily drops to 12.1v (and possibly below)

The wiring diagram lucks wrong so i have just connected the AMT to the MB and VB via spare terminals.

The diagram infers you can connect the solar input to the battery but that can push 30v. i can see how you could connect to the b2b input but defo not the MPPT input.

Not giving up and will continue to experiment and try the B2B splice.

image.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Not having much luck with the AMT. When the Solar is switched to the LB, the MB voltage happily drops to 12.1v (and possibly below)

The wiring diagram lucks wrong so i have just connected the AMT to the MB and VB via spare terminals.

The diagram infers you can connect the solar input to the battery but that can push 30v. i can see how you could connect to the b2b input but defo not the MPPT input.

View attachment 218999
B2B is easy, not the mppt!

was trying to avoid splicing the B2B to reduce electronics in the wardrobe but might have to
From what I saw it's the only way! Fortunately it's only small! Doesn't need heavy duty cabling. I couldn't get to the top of my B2B, too lazy to take out the seat, hence I did the splicing thing. If you can undo the connectors on your b2b and feed in a small gauge wire, 4mm2, you won't need to splice.

From what I saw it's the only way! Fortunately it's only small! Doesn't need heavy duty cabling. I couldn't get to the top of my B2B, too lazy to take out the seat, hence I did the splicing thing. If you can undo the connectors on your b2b and feed in a small gauge wire, 4mm2, you won't need to splice.
yes relatively easy to get at the wiring. might have a go today as its sunny:)

View attachment 218999
The solar should not affect the AMT wiring at all. You are connecting to the B2B/MPPT unit output not input.

Ordered a set of show plates with @Leemondo12 as non of the online suppliers would do black and white 3D plates

Lee has done an excellent job with them, even going one better by adapting the IG logo to fit on the plates.

Also Lee replaced my front plate which I lost in last month's bad rain.

You can get your plates from Lee@os-carplates.co.uk

T6_Floyd Show plates.jpeg

Front replacement plate.jpeg

The solar should not affect the AMT wiring at all. You are connecting to the B2B/MPPT unit output not input.
i have separate B2B and MPPT Victrons for which the input on the MPPT is the unregulated output of the Solar. Not familiar with combined units which might have a regulated input from the MB?

tried piggybacking off the b2b (orion) and not a squeak but might play around with the config of the B2B to see if that brings the AMt to life

i have separate B2B and MPPT Victrons for which the input on the MPPT is the unregulated output of the Solar. Not familiar with combined units which might have a regulated input from the MB?

tried piggybacking off the b2b (orion) and not a squeak but might play around with the config of the B2B to see if that brings the AMt to life
Thats the b2b and MPPT I have. You dont connect to the solar at all.

0V on AMT ---> GND - on Victron B2B
LEISURE BATTERY AMT ---> OUT on B2B
VEHICLE BATTERY AMT ---> IN on B2B

Last edited:
Back